So who is this Ex Nihilo?

#1 Posted by thespidey307 (177 posts) - - Show Bio

This new villain called Ex Nihilo appeared in Avengers #1, and I read that he transformed Mars into a large garden. What happened and what is his deal? (I haven't read the first issue yet btw).

#2 Posted by TimmyGrunt (14 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't read it, but the title of the thread caught my attention. Ex Nihilo is the villain from the first arc of DC's brilliantly lunatic "Dial H". Which seems an unlikely coincidence.

#3 Posted by maddpanda (51 posts) - - Show Bio

Ex Nihilo is the leader of The Garden. I'm fairly certain he's a newly introduced character. His motives are that he doesn't want to destroy Earth, but he wants to create a new start for it. He believes that the humans have stunted their evolution with all the super heroes and such, and so he intends to wipe the Earth clean and start anew. Something very interesting is that he views himself as the good guy.

#4 Posted by badaboop (136 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure, like the guy above me said, he's brand-new. Which is funny considering he's already halfway through his plan when we're introduced to him. I'm excited to see what he does, he seems like a really interesting character to read about. He feels like he's doing what's best for Earth and its people, so that they can continue evolving and reach their full potential.

#5 Posted by SC (11944 posts) - - Show Bio

He is definitely a new character, in Latin ex nihilo means 'out of nothing' and even the characters 'tree of life' plays upon the reference as does his golem inspird buddy Aleph. Aleph also being the first letter in uhm I think the Proto-Canaanite alphabet and Omega the last in the Greek, and guess who bears that symbol. Character seems alright. Not surprised there would be other characters with the name. Def know JH wouldn't have copied, his reasons for doing things are done for incredibly deep and intricate reasons like above and more reasons you could have a lot of fun exploring symbolism behind.

Moderator Online
#6 Posted by TDK_1997 (13670 posts) - - Show Bio

He's still a new character that looks like a massive powerhouse.ANd that's why Steve called those many guys that will be called Avengers.

#7 Posted by Dernman (13987 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly I didn't like him all that much and his design was horrible.

#8 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2100 posts) - - Show Bio

i think hickmans going to build up his charter in stages in the wrong order like we saw the middle of his plan before we see the beging

#9 Posted by krauser99 (633 posts) - - Show Bio

Ex Nihilo definitely has a different feel to him. They seemed to have notice the major difference between Thor and the others. I think I'll stick around to see where this goes.

#10 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (5550 posts) - - Show Bio

@maddpanda said:

Ex Nihilo is the leader of The Garden. I'm fairly certain he's a newly introduced character. His motives are that he doesn't want to destroy Earth, but he wants to create a new start for it. He believes that the humans have stunted their evolution with all the super heroes and such, and so he intends to wipe the Earth clean and start anew. Something very interesting is that he views himself as the good guy.

Avengers #4, Steve Rodgers starts building an ark, and rounds up heroes to put on it.

I'm not religious, but that does sound kinda like the Noahs Ark story to me.

#11 Posted by Lordhuck (59 posts) - - Show Bio

^^^^ Right cause in the Noah story, Noah loaded up the ark with soldiers and sailed to heaven to Battle God.

#12 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (5550 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lordhuck: I did say 'kinda like'. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.