So that was......weird.

Posted by Saren (24292 posts) - - Show Bio

Just a small note to myself on account of something bizarre about Avengers #21. This was supposed to herald Storm's entry into the Avengers or something alone those lines. I mean, she takes up practically the entirety of the cover.

You'd think that would indicate an issue with some kind of focus on Storm, correct? You'd be wrong. She's in the issue for exactly 2 pages, and on both pages she's unconscious and drooling on the floor. No jokes, literally drooling.

I've never claimed to understand you, Marvel........................but what?

Maybe I'm way off the mark with context or something like that. It's possible. Oh well, at least Gorgon's in the next issue.....

Moderator Online
#1 Posted by War Killer (19475 posts) - - Show Bio

Comic Book 101: Most covers about 99.9% of the time have absolutely nothing to do with the actual story...

#2 Posted by Whisper_ (3218 posts) - - Show Bio

LMFAO

#3 Posted by Saren (24292 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

Comic Book 101: Most covers about 99.9% of the time have absolutely nothing to do with the actual story...

But you'd think Storm would do something, considering that she's the focus of the cover. Events portrayed on covers sometimes don't happen, or at least not in the same way. But when characters are spotlighted on covers, odds are there's something involving them within the pages.

Moderator Online
#4 Posted by Whisper_ (3218 posts) - - Show Bio

I just..LOL. I'm sorry, it's spiteful for me to get joy out of this.

#5 Edited by War Killer (19475 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@War Killer said:

But you'd think Storm would do something, considering that she's the focus of the cover. Events portrayed on covers sometimes don't happen, or at least not in the same way. But when characters are spotlighted on covers, odds are there's something involving them within the pages.

Covers are meant to be shiny and pretty to pull you in and buy the comic, you would think they'd at least have something to do with the story. But most of the time this isn't the case, the main reason a lot of people bought this issue was because they thought, "Oh hey, Storm's on the cover looking awesome! I bet this issue will be ALL about her and her becoming an Avenger!" and then when they open it they find out she's barely in the issue itself...Marvel knows people buy into this and it's a little annoying at times, like I'm sure you're annoyed that she was only in the issue for a bit and not spotlighted like you wanted her to be.

Welcome to Marvel...THEIR universe... -__-

#6 Posted by Saren (24292 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer: I wasn't annoyed, I'm not really a Storm fan. She's okay, I guess. It's just that there was so much hype about Storm joining the Avengers.....and then this.

Moderator Online
#7 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

This is specially true with X-Men. I think they just have people drawing covers constantly and when its time for the issue to go to print they just pick the one they like best regardless of whether it's got anything to do with the story or not.

#8 Posted by War Killer (19475 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: That's Bendis for you...

#9 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

1 - Welcome to the Avengers Storm, after being left as background decorations in the X-Men we are going to have you on the cover...then have you get your a$$ handed to you and dropped like a toilet seat, isn't it much better over here?

2 - Lets all split up and look around, Hawkeye and Spider Woman, you are the two weakest members of the team you go together and try not die. Maybe Cap is mad at her because she slept with Clint and not him.

3 - Iron Man gets his armor taken over...AGAIN....this suit is so new Tony barely knows how to hack it, but when has that stopped anyone. Since Civil War it seems Marvel is hell bent on making him look as stupid as possible. I can't wait for the explaination or lack thereof on this one.

4 - Bendis seems dedicated to making the Avengers look as bad as possible at every chance he gets, how does he have time to write when his head is in the lap of a blow up doll dressed like Norman Osborn. I am so tired of seeing everyone look so inept, thank god he is leaving the books, give him a Luke Cage series and keep him the hell away from the X-Books

#10 Posted by Whoa (455 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha, Well many were warned about Bendis' influence on characters within the Avengers, that including Storm now.

#11 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29330 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Whisper_ said:

LMFAO

@_Whisper_ said:

I just..LOL. I'm sorry, it's spiteful for me to get joy out of this.

It's the URASS's fault for being annoying.

#12 Posted by Billy Batson (56852 posts) - - Show Bio

post the scans.
BB

#13 Posted by Saren (24292 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator Online
#14 Posted by Billy Batson (56852 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by nochestorm67 (142 posts) - - Show Bio

Poor Marvel there just getting disparate...Storm deserves better. Oh well thats what happeneds when you get bought by Disney

#16 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1312 posts) - - Show Bio

wow really and they even named the issue after her "mess with the goddess and get the Storm" and they have her drooling thankfully shes getting her place back in the x-men in uncanny and reg x-men

#17 Posted by CATPANEXE (9366 posts) - - Show Bio

An Avengers book written by Bendis that fails expectations before they're even had. That is weird?

#18 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19709 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7199 posts) - - Show Bio

"Storm becomes an Avenger! "

So that's how you become an Avenger ? lying on the floor like a disabled handicap ? Uh'Huh, interesting...

#20 Posted by maikkywin (100 posts) - - Show Bio

Its obviously a pull to pull in the strong black women demographic to buy issue 21 .

#21 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

As it should be.

#22 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

Maybe I'm way off the mark with context or something like that. It's possible. Oh well, at least Gorgon's in the next issue.....

Because you're expecting him to be written well?

#23 Posted by PowerHerc (78172 posts) - - Show Bio

The cover is good art.

#24 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29330 posts) - - Show Bio

@nochestorm67 said:

Poor Marvel there just getting disparate...Storm deserves better. Oh well thats what happeneds when you get bought by Disney

This isn't Disney's fault, it's Bendis's. Just saying.

#25 Posted by cattlebattle (12273 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel...you so cazy 

really though, there was likely some unforeseen reason behind it

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.