So no "Black" Panther, what about Falcon for Avengers sequel?

#1 Posted by Spectacular_Iceman (52 posts) - - Show Bio

I must say - I was excited when rumors were circulating about a Black Panther film being announced... But sadly enough, we were all wrong. Now that Marvel has just brought their dream team to the big screen, it would be more than wise/noticeable that by the time a sequel comes along, there would HAVE to be a new addition to the team by then - Hopefully everyone knows that there is a secret film to be released in 2014 - It's definitely not Ant-Man, because Kevin Feige keeps saying that they're "closer than ever to making it happen" when they aren't - But when people were saying that the "secret" film was going to be Black Panther, it was believable to me because I guess Marvel would want to "balance" the diversity within the movies, especially after the Jessica Jones and Luke Cage TV series was dropped last month... But that doesn't mean they're giving up - Marvel probably shouldn't of responded to the rumor about the secret film NOT being Black Panther - because now that's just raised more suspicions about which superhero will be in the NEW movie, and my only guess would be Falcon! He's a popular black superhero and not to mention cool - AND, for those of you that heard of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes being cancelled - The promo poster for the NEW animated series "Avengers Assemble" featured the same team lineup from the film (ugh), but Falcon is on it as well... I'm betting right now that Marvel is going to advertise Falcon as much as they can so audiences will be familiar with his face, so that HOPEFULLY - the secret film to be released in 2014 IS a Falcon film adaption (Don't bother mentioning I'm overreacting, I know).

#2 Posted by CrimsonCake (2672 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Vision.

#3 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12597 posts) - - Show Bio

If its falcon I'm going to kill babies and then slash my wrists.........ok I not slash my wrists.....

#4 Posted by DeadpoolPT (23 posts) - - Show Bio

No Black Panther? That's ruined my life now.

#5 Posted by danhimself (22313 posts) - - Show Bio

why do you have the Black in Black Panther in quotes?

#6 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

We were all wrong?

I see no facts here so I'm not quite sure why you are saying there is still no hope for it

#7 Posted by CrimsonAvenger (1162 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see a link so I'm not seeing any facts here.

#8 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

i only see speculation in this thread. no facts.

#9 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8742 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd honestly love to see a BP movie but never expect it to happen. The brief tv show was the best we could hope for I think.

#10 Posted by Mercy_ (92635 posts) - - Show Bio

I reallyyyyyy don't think that Falcon would translate well to live media. He's on the verge of being a joke character in comics as is.

#11 Posted by Illuminatus (9497 posts) - - Show Bio

Falcon is about as lame as characters within comic books come. I would rather see Stilt-Man as a new addition to the team before Falcon.

#12 Posted by bchoi1022 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe that the secret movie you are referring to will be Black Panther most likely. Throughout the Marvel Avengers movies that have come out in theatres>DVD, they have given many clues or as they call it "easter eggs" for future movies. If you watch in Iron Man 2 there was a scene where Tony Stark talks to Nick Fury in a room with screens that display a map, as well as, another screen that shows a live news feed of the Hulk going Green Ape Shit at the university. Anyways, on the map there were Mark areas on the maps. I can't guarantee that what i am saying is right, but the spots that are marked are, Atlantic Ocean (where Captain America was frozen), A spot where i can only think of it being Wakanda (Black Panthers home), Germany (Hydra and Captain?), An area in America where i think could be Virginia (Bruce Banner turned Hulk because General Ross attacked him), etc. Iunno if this is true but seeing the Black Panther would be straight-up badass. Its just a matter of whether they will cast him right.

#13 Posted by Onemoreposter (3955 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see an Ultimate style falcon in the next captain america flick.

#14 Posted by longbowhunter (6811 posts) - - Show Bio

I really liked Falcon in Brubaker's Captain America run. I'd rather see him in Avengers and T'Challa get a solo film.

#15 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is there a quote around black?

#16 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

my thoughts exactly.

and I'd like to see a movie about Ultimate Falcon...

#17 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

i think black panther will be kinda hard to translate to film, but marvel makes a black panther movie i will watch it.

#18 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

When I see Falcon alongside the other avengers in the promo image I can't help thinking that they just put him there to be the totem black guy. The problem with totem characters is that no matter how much you try, if they were placed there as such they'll always be seen like that.

#19 Posted by MadRooster81 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't see Falcon being a strong enough character to warrant his own movie. I could see him being in Captain America 2, but that's about it. I like Black Panther and he seems to go over well in the cartoon series, but I don't see them making a solo movie of that either. I think they are missing out by not going for another Hulk movie.

#20 Posted by GTG12 (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

Darn, I really wanted BP on the team.

#21 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

LOL, this.

#22 Posted by Yasiiii4 (150 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake said:

I want Vision.

#23 Posted by Spectacular_Iceman (52 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nighthunter: You can say the same about DC using John Stewart as Green Lantern in the Justice League animated series. I will say that Marvel has made it pretty obvious that they're trying to diverse the show a bit - but critics are so sensitive when it comes to the "I don't see any black guy" thing...

#24 Posted by Spectacular_Iceman (52 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomoushatred1001: Yeah, sorry 'bout that - it was supposed to go around the word panther too - Wasn't mean't for anything racial, before an argument starts.

#25 Posted by BatWatch (2366 posts) - - Show Bio

Any particular reason your suggesting black characters?

The point about The Avengers cartoon having Falcon is interesting. I'm not really a Marvel fanboy, but I've never seen anything from Falcon which makes me interested in a stand alone movie (of course I would say the same thing about Hulk, so what do I know?).

I think it is more likely that Falcon might appear in Captain America 2. Didn't Cap partner with Falcon shortly after being unfrozen in the comics? It would be a sensible choice. It gives Cap a sidekick to interact with, and they might explore some interesting racial issues (probably not, but the potential is there).

If I had to put money on Falcon being used in a Marvel Movie, I'd go with Captain America.

#26 Posted by Onemoreposter (3955 posts) - - Show Bio

@Spectacular_Iceman said:

@venomoushatred1001: Yeah, sorry 'bout that - it was supposed to go around the word panther too - Wasn't mean't for anything racial, before an argument starts.

lol, of course it was meant to be racial and there's nothing wrong with that. Your whole post is about black characters being added to the marvel cinematic universe. For me the quotes just denoted/emphasized that black characters were going to be central to the post.

I'm not sure why others are so confused...

#27 Posted by Spectacular_Iceman (52 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter: Didn't think about that... Lol

#28 Edited by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeadpoolPT said:

This

#29 Edited by _Zombie_ (10323 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@DeadpoolPT said:

This........and why the hell is Black in parenthesis in the title?

Look four posts above yours.

#31 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

Falcon is nowhere near popular enough to warrant anything more than a cameo in an Avengers movie.

#32 Posted by TheCannon (17984 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake said:

I want Vision.

This.

Why is everyone making a big deal over BP? The only new recruits should be Dr Strange, Wasp, and Vision. But don't make Phil Coulson Vision.

#33 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6204 posts) - - Show Bio

First they cancel Avengers, then they renew Ultimate Spider-man, and now no Black Panther (one of my favorite) in the Avengers movie. -__-
I don't want Falcon, put Wolverine. Best choice. Or Spider-Man.

#34 Edited by The_Amazing_Spider_Man (32 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate how people say Marvel use Falcon and Luke Cage in the avengers comics just to diverse the team when in fact they're not the only ones - DC uses John Stewart to diverse the Justice League comics, now that's not to say I dis DC, I just think people should look at both companies and see that it's not they're fault for using random black characters when not needed - As one of the dudes mentioned before, people become super sensitive when comics don't have any black characters.

#35 Posted by FuZySLiPeRz (71 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are there quotation marks around the black in Black Panther??

#36 Posted by Tyrus (1083 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally don't mind Falcon, he's no bother to me in the comics...

#37 Posted by daredevil21134 (10965 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Luke Cage

#38 Posted by RoboShark (1208 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Vision or Spidey are the best bet.

#39 Posted by heavyone (20 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to say that of all the Marvel characters that have been on the Avengers, I would be shocked to see the Falcon get the nod for a movie. With the Black Panther, you get technology and mysticism, along with a bit of X-Men since he is married to Storm. But, the Falcon just doesn't play well because his exposure is almost nonexistent, other than the recent AEMH episode. The mostly likely choices would be: 1) Ant-Man and Wasp 2) Vision 3) Namor 4) She-Hulk 5) War Machine 6) Luke Cage 7) Hell, even Jarvis.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.