Should the Dark Avengers be added to this page?

#1 Posted by King Hyperion (3714 posts) - - Show Bio

I was thinking about giving The Dark Avengers a gallery as well as putting down the roster under "Current Rosters" and adding each member of the team to the "Members" section of this page but I am not exactly sure whether I should or not. What do you guys think?

#2 Posted by Asymmetrical (25288 posts) - - Show Bio

no. they have a page already.

#3 Edited by King Hyperion (3714 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I know that, but both The Mighty and New Avengers have galleries and such on this page, I was just wondering if we should do the same to The Dark Avengers. But if you say we don't need to then I guess not.

#4 Posted by themaskedhero (264 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they should be mentioned.

#5 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

Me too.  If Mighty and New are on it then so should Dark.

#6 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
aztek the lost said:
"no. they have a page already.
"
yeah but so do the Mighty Avengers, Young Avengers and New Avengers

Talking about this page, what team should be put as the profile one? not the current one as that team was disbanded but who should?
#7 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

I think all Avengers past and present.  Including Initiative.

#8 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

lol do we have a pic for that?

#9 Posted by G-Man (19220 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel the Dark Avengers aren't true Avengers.  Just my opinion.  It's like if me, RedLAMP, Captain Cascader, SuperCoonce, etc got together and decided to call ourselves the Avengers.  The Avengers wasn't a government formed group and just because Norman is in power doesn't mean he gets a say.  SHIELD never made the team roster.  Even when they had to report to Henry Gyrich in the 80s, they still had their own say in things.

Staff
#10 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah but currently they are the only legal avengers team, doesn't that make them the avengers for the general public?

#11 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"lol do we have a pic for that?
"
Ha.  It'd be tough.

I agree with Nighthunter.  That similie is basically what New and Mighty are right now.
#12 Posted by G-Man (19220 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"yeah but currently they are the only legal avengers team, doesn't that make them the avengers for the general public?
"
With that line of thinking, Norman could just form a "Dark" X-Men team too if he wanted.  You think someone would've copyrighted "Avengers" in all the years of operations.  Stark may have lost all his recent stuff but I don't know if he was the one holding the copyright.  I would the think the "public" would see the Avengers as Cap, Iron Man, Thor, etc.  Which is why Norman is using cheap substitutes.  Is he going to make a "Dark" New Warriors and "Dark" Runaways too?
Staff
#13 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

well he has a "Dark Young Avengers" and "Thunderbolt initiative"

as for the x-men, the public doesn't like them...and there aren't any mutants left lol

#14 Edited by G-Man (19220 posts) - - Show Bio

No mutants left?  Then why am I buying so many X-titles?

Also the "public" of San Francisco seems to have embraced them.

Staff
#15 Posted by Chaos Agent (2150 posts) - - Show Bio

relatively speaking :P

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.