Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7694 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Should Fantastic 4 be rolled over into the Avengers?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

In reading the last few copies of Avengers and New Avengers it kinda got me thinking that I actually like seeing Reed and especially Sue with the team. Then I see what Marvel is doing to the fantastic four and hear about the cancellation and it got me thinking whether bit would just be best to roll them over into an Avengers team. They seem to fit well enough... and what is it now just Reed, Sue and Ben right?

Is this a bad idea? Would it appease Fantastic Four fans? (they are getting screwed even worse than Xmen fans right now)

Your thoughts?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

No.

I prefer Marvel to drop the F4 with a dignity rather than them being integrated to the Avengers. The moment that happens, the F4 lose their direction and purpose. The family aspect of them is getting away, the explorers aspect the same plus that means they have to be part of every single event marvel will put out.

Considering the current state of marvel, I am kinda glad we will see no more F4.
    And if I really need to read some F4, I have Kirby's, Byrne's, Hickman's and Waid's run to keep me company.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By GrenadeFlow

No keep them separate.

Avatar image for dathomiesilversurfer
    DatHomieSilverSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, definitely not. Characters tend to be written in the Avengers as bastardized versions of themselves (at least non Avengers property characters like Wolverine, Spidey, Dr. Strange, etc...) I'm cool with thing as a member, as he has been historically, but Sue/Reed have only had extremely brief stints and it should be kept as that. I don't want to see Marvels First Family to turn into generic Avengers BS.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nope...

Not every character needs to become an Avenger and I would like my FF to go with the unique fact that they aren't "Avenger-ized"

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

No.

Amalgamating everything in to the Avengers is everything that is wrong with Marvel right now. The FF aren't just some Avengers spin-off team and nor are the characters b-tier Avengers. The entire Marvel universe exists because of the Fantastic Four, the Avengers are a spin off of them not the other way around.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't mind if they were a supporting cast that help a new team on occasion, but as actual members no.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Definitely not

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HAWK2916

I wish FF wasn't being cancelled and I don't want everybody in the Avengers as I tend to agree that this rationale is part of what's wrong with Marvel now. I just don't want FF to go away because Marvel is all about GOTG and Avengers right now.

Seriously am I the only one that likes seeing them in the current arcs in New Avengers and Avengers? I guess maybe I'm just clamoring for the classic Marvel teams like FF and Xmen to have some relevancy.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

I prefer Marvel to drop the F4 with a dignity rather than them being integrated to the Avengers. The moment that happens, the F4 lose their direction and purpose. The family aspect of them is getting away, the explorers aspect the same plus that means they have to be part of every single event marvel will put out.

Considering the current state of marvel, I am kinda glad we will see no more F4.

And if I really need to read some F4, I have Kirby's, Byrne's, Hickman's and Waid's run to keep me company.

Pretty much this. Considering how far superhero stories have fallen, let the F4 avoid all this mess. I feel the same way about the classic Avengers characters as well.

AllNewOverseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I'd rather Marvel figure out a new unique direction to take the Fantastic Four. While I have MASSIVE doubts about the new movie, I do think the idea for the team to focus on exploration of new worlds, dimensions and timelines. To me it's just not the Marvel Universe without the Fantastic Four (or the X-Men for that matter).

Still I'd be willing to accept the FF characters leading an Avengers team until Marvel can figure out what they want to do with them just to keep them relevant.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@overseer: So kind of make them like GOTG or Star Trek?

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The FF being absorbed into the Avengers would be an insult. The independence of Marvel's First Family sacrificed to Marvel's sad compulsion to slap the word "Avenger" on every team they produce...

I'm against it. The 'Avengers' are the shadow of a team that disbanded years ago. It's them that Marvel needs to drop.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#14  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@hawk2916: @overseer: That's what the FF have always been. They have never actually been superheroes, some writers force them in to that position when they don't really know what they are doing. The Fantastic Four and the Future Foundation are imaginauts, inventors and explorers.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: pretty cool. Maybe the FF could head up SWORD and get back to being the explorers encountering new worlds and dimensions sort of like GOTG or the Exiles

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I wouldn't mind it

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.