Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7701 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Should an Avenger have to die in the movies?

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Rumours are going around that Quicksilver might die in Avengers: Age Of Ultron. People used to think it was Hawkeye's fate to die until he was confirmed to appear in Captain America: Civil War. My question is: Why should someone have to die to make the villain seem dangerous? Can't they just be roughed up a bit? I'd say wait until the Thanos Inquisition shows up before we go destroying the Avengers.

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can see the death of an Avenger being the filmmakers' lazy way of imbuing the heroes with motivation, like Coulson's death. I don't think it's a good idea unless there's a good reason for it within the story.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually don't mind, because there are always casualties in massive battles. This isn't the comic books where death is literally pointless.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't see that coming...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.