Rulk or Hulk???

#1 Posted by Zhakaraz (81 posts) - - Show Bio

Which one of these two character do you consider better and why??

Really torn on which series i should follow

#2 Posted by PowerHerc (85336 posts) - - Show Bio

The original. The Hulk, of course.

Rulk doesn't hold a candle to Hulk.

#3 Posted by Dernman (15808 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk

#4 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

Currently, both series suck.  

Hulk has been separated from Bruce Banner, which is like separating Spider-Man from Peter Parker.  

Rulk is just awful and always has been.  

In short, Banner is the best character by miles.

#5 Posted by _Zombie_ (10448 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk. He's the original, he's more powerful, and he's always been more interesting. Rulk was just a way of giving Ross superpowers.

#6 Posted by Illuminatus (9489 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I one of the few people on this site who actually like the characterization of Rulk?

#7 Posted by _Zombie_ (10448 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

Am I one of the few people on this site who actually like the characterization of Rulk?

I'd assume so, yes. I myself don't really care either way, haven't read anything with him in it since the Avengers Fear Itself tie-in.

#8 Posted by The_Tree (7982 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with the wildcard choice: Rick Jones.

#9 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3866 posts) - - Show Bio

In short, make them female.

#10 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35146 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Tree said:

Bulk 
#11 Posted by primepower53 (5591 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

@The_Tree said:

Bulk

Oh dear LORD! That's horrible!!

Also, wasn't he called A Bomb

#12 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35146 posts) - - Show Bio
@primepower53: still is, I just called him Bulk cause he's more or less the blue hulk
#13 Posted by primepower53 (5591 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:
@primepower53: still is, I just called him Bulk cause he's more or less the blue hulk
#14 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35146 posts) - - Show Bio
@primepower53 said:

@spiderbat87 said:
ROFL
#15 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38789 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:

#16 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12660 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGoldenOne said:

@PowerHerc said:

#17 Posted by Illuminatus (9489 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@Illuminatus said:

I'd assume so, yes. I myself don't really care either way, haven't read anything with him in it since the Avengers Fear Itself tie-in.

I really admired the way he was written in Avenging Spider-Man. He was the perfect straight-man to Parker's whacky, random personality.

#18 Posted by Deranged Midget (17974 posts) - - Show Bio

Rulk is a joke.

#19 Posted by _Zombie_ (10448 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@Illuminatus said:

I really admired the way he was written in Avenging Spider-Man. He was the perfect straight-man to Parker's whacky, random personality.

I liked him in the tie-in, but he didn't really talk much, just fought. The only other experiences I had with Rulk was I think around when Loeb was writing him.

#20 Posted by Illuminatus (9489 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@Illuminatus said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@Illuminatus said:

I liked him in the tie-in, but he didn't really talk much, just fought. The only other experiences I had with Rulk was I think around when Loeb was writing him.

He's actually likable when not written by Loeb.

#21 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

#22 Posted by _Zombie_ (10448 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@Illuminatus said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@Illuminatus said:

He's actually likable when not written by Loeb.

I'll take your word for it, then. I'm not getting any comics in the foreseeable future.

#23 Posted by mervotron (257 posts) - - Show Bio

She-Rulk, though Jenny's still funnier. They can control the Hulk rage so much better as well... Must be the oestrogen...

#24 Edited by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

Nope nope nope.

The current Red Hulk book is like x100 better than Incredible Hulk.

#25 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio
@X35 said:

@Illuminatus said:

Nope nope nope.

The current Red Hulk book is like x100 better than Incredible Hulk.

That doesn't say much though since Aaron's Inc. Hulk is worse than OMD.
#26 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: There's litch nothing they can do with Bruce Banner anymore. They've pretty much exhausted the character but they keep trying these boring things. At least Hulk doesn't take itself too seriously and is just a fun book which is a rarity in Marvel these days. I'm not gonna say it's for everyone and a lot of people obvs still hate Rulk for the ridiculous Loeb stuff, but it's defo one of my fav Marvel titles atm.

#27 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio
@X35: Bruce Banner is one of my absolute favourite characters, and without meaning to sound like an elitist or superior, I think the problems is that he's simply too complex for someone like Aaron to write. Pak's best arc was Son of Banner, when he really let himself look at who Banner was and how he came to be, but when he just tried to write more "HULK SMASH" stories, they magic was lost. Aaron, on the other hand, has no concept of who Banner is, so he just got rid of him and turned him evil. It's probably the laziest piece of writing I've ever been witness to. 
#28 Posted by Billy Batson (58358 posts) - - Show Bio

Ross should have the mouctache when he's the rulk.
BB

#29 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

BB

#30 Posted by Lvenger (21239 posts) - - Show Bio

Rulk's getting better now that Loeb isn't writing him. Ross' character adds to the value of Rulk now that Ross is known to be Rulk. With Hulk dealing with things in his own series, it's nice to see Rulk step up to the Avengers in a good way. However, he still doesn't compare to Bruce as the Hulk for me.

#31 Posted by Billy Batson (58358 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35:

awesome.
BB

#32 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@X35: Bruce Banner is one of my absolute favourite characters, and without meaning to sound like an elitist or superior, I think the problems is that he's simply too complex for someone like Aaron to write. Pak's best arc was Son of Banner, when he really let himself look at who Banner was and how he came to be, but when he just tried to write more "HULK SMASH" stories, they magic was lost. Aaron, on the other hand, has no concept of who Banner is, so he just got rid of him and turned him evil. It's probably the laziest piece of writing I've ever been witness to.

Every different writer seems to want to do something "new" or ground-breaking with Banner and it rarely works. it's part of the reason I'm more drawn to the red Hulk and Skaar. they're just kinda fun and destructive characters which imo is what Hulk should be. I did like Pak's run on Incredible Hulk/Incredible Hulks for the most part but idk i think i need to give it a re-read coz the stuff i didn't like seems to be more prominent in my mind.

#33 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio
@X35 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Every different writer seems to want to do something "new" or ground-breaking with Banner and it rarely works. it's part of the reason I'm more drawn to the red Hulk and Skaar. they're just kinda fun and destructive characters which imo is what Hulk should be. I did like Pak's run on Incredible Hulk/Incredible Hulks for the most part but idk i think i need to give it a re-read coz the stuff i didn't like seems to be more prominent in my mind.

I think every writer tries to do that with any and all characters now.  It's sad, but there's far more emphasis placed on being remembered than telling a good story amongst most writers now. 
#34 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: See i like the fact Parker isn't really trying to do anything out there with Red Hulk (besides making him a more balanced character). Like if you squint hard, the tone and stuff makes it read more like a Hulk book than Incredible Hulk does. at least to me. Plus the red Hulk has a sidekick!

#35 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

She-Hulk is the best Hulk IMO and not that red chick JEN!

#36 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (7562 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk

#37 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

#38 Posted by TDK_1997 (15097 posts) - - Show Bio

The Incredible Hulk series started well but now all of this happening is too stupid for me and in the last 1 year I have been a bigger Rulk fan than a Hulk fan.I like the idea for him and the characterization.

#39 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
#40 Posted by Deranged Midget (17974 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35: Currently, I'm enjoying Red Hulk far more than Jason Aaron's lackluster run on the Incredible Hulk. I might be biased considering the spectacular work that Greg Pak did with Banner and the character but the first arc in Aaron's run just doesn't make a lick of sense and is simply boring.

Rulk has increasingly become a more interesting read for me and I'm starting to appreciate his character more than I previously thought I would.

#41 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10130 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

@Billy Batson said:

BB

Grey and a Mustache !

#42 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fuchsia_Nightingale said:

@X35 said:

@Billy Batson said:

BB

Grey and a Mustache !

Gulk?

#43 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10130 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35: Grandpa Hulk !

#44 Posted by luckydomino1 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

rulk is a joke i use be so hyped up by him now i opened my eyes

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.