Robert Downey Jr. and Castle's Nathan Fillion promote Avengers.

#1 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

Last night, RDJ and Nathan Fillion promoted Avengers at the end of the latest episode of Castle. Here's the clip:

God, I love these two guys.

#2 Posted by k4tzm4n (43285 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGreyOutcastX: Heh, saw the clip earlier today. It's impossible to not love those two.

Staff
#3 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Favorite line is RDJ saying "I'm Iron Man and you're not." But seriously, they need to give Nathan Fillion a Superhero movie. He would totally rock it.

#4 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheGreyOutcastX: All signs point to him being Hank Pym... At least he's the fan-favorite anyway, lol. No doubt that Joss Whedon's got his back for it. 
#5 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: You know, Pym was the first thing that came to mind when I thought of Nathan Fillion. I mean besides Green Lantern.

#6 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheGreyOutcastX: He isn't a bad choice either (on both accounts, he's the ideal Hal Jordan). He's not my first pick for Pym, but I'd be happy with him as the part. 
#7 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: Either way works for me. He's got the magic to make either role work.

#8 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheGreyOutcastX: Definitely.
#9 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: So how long do we have to wait for a Ant-Man movie?

#10 Edited by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheGreyOutcastX: I'm praying within the next 3 years. Edgar Wright swears that he's been tooling the script, but he's been saying that since 2008. Just the other day, when (I think it was Avi Arad or someone who works in the Marvel Entertainment department) was asked "What projects are getting the most attention at the moment, Ant-Man, along with Dr. Strange and Guardians of the Galaxy were his answers. There's an unnamed Marvel movie slated for 2014(or 15) that isn't Thor 2. I'm really hoping that's Ant-Man's spot.
#11 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

@TheGreyOutcastX: I'm praying within the next 3 years. Edgar Wright swears that he's been tooling the script, but he's been saying that since 2008. Just the other day, when (I think it was Avi Arad or someone who works in the Marvel Entertainment department) was asked "What projects are getting the most attention at the moment, Ant-Man, along with Dr. Strange and Guardians of the Galaxy were his answers. There's an unnamed Marvel movie slated for 2014(or 15) that isn't Thor 2. I'm really hoping that's Ant-Man's spot.

I know in a recent interview, Kevin Feige said 2 out of the following four (Ant-man, Inhumans, GotG, and Runaways) were closer than people realize. So who knows? :)

Here's the interview:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=38202

However, the producer added with a smile when asked about the possibility of an Ant-Man, Runaways, Inhumans or Guardians film, "Two of those four are much closer than people realize, and we'll be talking about them in the coming months!"
#12 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheGreyOutcastX: Fiege! That was it. He better not be screwing with us, though. Ant-Man was snubbed from the Avengers. The least they can do is give him the tie-in. 
#13 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: Agreed. He's an original Avenger. It's like saying no to GL or Flash on the Justice League. It's a crime to all fans.

#14 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheGreyOutcastX: Totally. 
#15 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

- A Nathan Fillion cameo in any role would be a nice touch, even if just for a few lines

#16 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@WarMachineMarkV said:

- A Nathan Fillion cameo in any role would be a nice touch, even if just for a few lines

Agreed.

#17 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

Nathon Fillion and RDJ were hilarious.

#18 Posted by The Stegman (24321 posts) - - Show Bio

ahh yes, two of the most likable guys in Hollywood

#19 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

@TheGreyOutcastX: All signs point to him being Hank Pym... At least he's the fan-favorite anyway, lol. No doubt that Joss Whedon's got his back for it.

Duuuude. Fillion as Hank Pym would be rad!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.