replacing spiderman and wolverine on the main avengers team

#1 Edited by tiger26 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

I like spidey and wolverine on the avengers but on both teams i mean wolverine already is leading x-force and on the x-men and spiderman is with the FF plus i enjoy seeing them on the new avengers better if you could replace them with any other two heros in marvel they could be old avengers or those who have never been avengers before who would you chose and why
#2 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine should die (Or get frozen in a giant glacier for five real life decades) and Spidey should just be on the FF as a casual "Oh hey, he's here again!" team member, not a serious one.

#3 Edited by War Killer (20207 posts) - - Show Bio

Well personally since they're both two of my favorite characters and the fact that I love the Avengers, I like them on the team :P

#4 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Replace Spidey with Daredevil (once Marvel decides to stop ****ing him around)
Replace Wolverine with Wonder Man
And add an original powerset Scarlet Witch

And then kill Bendis.

Fixed the Avengers franchise.

#5 Posted by cody1984 (1279 posts) - - Show Bio

Get rid of Wolverine and replace him with Blade.  The character works well in the ultimate universe and had three movies that did well its time the regular marvel universe gave him some spotlight instead of him being in the dark or completely unimportant when he's in a 616 comic.

Replace Spiderman with Ghost Rider and so you would have an actual useful member on the avengers unlike Spiderman.    
#6 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@cody1984 said:
Get rid of Wolverine and replace him with Blade.  The character works well in the ultimate universe and had three movies that did well its time the regular marvel universe gave him some spotlight instead of him being in the dark or completely unimportant when he's in a 616 comic.

Replace Spiderman with Ghost Rider and so you would have an actual useful member on the avengers unlike Spiderman.    
Blade's less useful than Spider-Man lol
#7 Posted by cody1984 (1279 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@cody1984 said:

Blade's less useful than Spider-Man lol
If they make him like he is in the ultimate avengers then he's more useful then Spiderman.  Not to mention he has beaten Spiderman before.    

#8 Posted by tiger26 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

i like the wonderman and daredevil idea but seeing how marvel has him as a loner they probuly won't do it but scarlet witch sounds awsome
#9 Posted by Mighty Thorion (797 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine is on too many teams IMO. I actually like both characters to be loners and prefer them in solo adventures. Agree with suggested replacements above

#10 Posted by Kairan1979 (16746 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like Wonder Man replacing Spider. To be honest, I don't like Wonder Man at all.

#11 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:
Wolverine should die (Or get frozen in a giant glacier for five real life decades) and Spidey should just be on the FF as a casual "Oh hey, he's here again!" team member, not a serious one.

What did Wolverine ever do to you :)'?
#12 Posted by cody1984 (1279 posts) - - Show Bio
@venomoushatred1001 said:
@InnerVenom123 said:
What did Wolverine ever do to you :)'?
It seems pretty obvious that wolverine is in several comics InnerVenom123 reads and he doesn't like that.  
#13 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33432 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
Replace Spidey with Daredevil (once Marvel decides to stop ****ing him around) Replace Wolverine with Wonder ManAnd add an original powerset Scarlet WitchAnd then kill Bendis. Fixed the Avengers franchise.
agree 100%
#14 Posted by danhimself (22548 posts) - - Show Bio
@cody1984:  you think Ultimate Blade is more useful than Spider-man?

#15 Posted by cody1984 (1279 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
@cody1984:  you think Ultimate Blade is more useful than Spider-man?

Yes.
#16 Edited by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@tiger26 said:

I like spidey and wolverine on the avengers but on both teams i mean wolverine already is leading x-force and on the x-men and spiderman is with the FF plus i enjoy seeing them on the new avengers better if you could replace them with any other two heros in marvel they could be old avengers or those who have never been avengers before who would you chose and why

Yes, Wolverine is on many teams but his secondary mutation is his ability to be on every team in the Marvel Universe.  It's what he does...

and Yes, Spidey is with the FF, but it's as if they are COMPLETELY changing his character so that he's a whining, inexperienced, almost useless individual...

HOWEVER, if one were to take my two favorite marvel superheroes off the Avengers and replace them.  I guess my picks would be:

1: Deadpool.   I realize this would never happen but that would be my first choice.   Spidey provides humor, deadpool could easily take his place.  But if not Deadpool, how about LONGSHOT!  (although he isn't bullet proof, and not a flyer.)

2: M (Money St. Croix of X-Factor.)   Luke Cage's team needs a telepath, another flyer, and someone who is bullet-proof.  Monet is all of those.

-  Hawkeye:  Not bullet proof, not a flyer.
    -  Mockingbird:  Not bullet proof, not a flyer.
    -  Iron fist:  Not bullet proof, not a flyer.
#17 Posted by tiger26 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

deadpool would bring humor to the team

#18 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3939 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
Replace Spidey with Daredevil (once Marvel decides to stop ****ing him around) Replace Wolverine with Wonder ManAnd add an original powerset Scarlet WitchAnd then kill Bendis. Fixed the Avengers franchise.
Ahah! Was about to say Original powerset Wanda, and... hmmmm.. Everyone I think of is dead.. Or already on Avengers Academy.. How about She-Hulk, she isn't doing anything right? So Scarlet Witch and She-Hulk... And then Kill Bendis :D
#19 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio

Replace Spidey with Iceman.  He'd bring the same humor element that Spidey does, and he's a lot more powerful. 

Replace Wolverine with Volstagg.  All Wolverine really is to the main Avengers team is a brawler and Volstagg could more than fill that role.

#20 Posted by Citizenv (30 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the idea of replacing Spider-man with Iceman, he is underutilized in X-Men.

And replace Wolverine with Songbird, Spider-Woman shouldn't be the only female in the team.

Also replacing Bendis with another writer would be a good idea.
#21 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring back Captain Marvel (Monica) and lose the lame Photon name.

#22 Posted by jayskee (1905 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman stays on the core team but is replaced by Hercules on the New Avengers. Wolverine is replaced by Iceman on the main Team and fire bendis
#23 Posted by PowerHerc (84031 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see both Wolverine and Spider-Man off the team.   
I'd replace them with Ikaris and Bloodstone.
#24 Posted by daredevil21134 (11826 posts) - - Show Bio

Add Daredevil

#25 Posted by darkcloakx (788 posts) - - Show Bio

blade would be cool. or blue marvel  
taskmaster for luke cage's thunderbolts  team would be interesting.

#26 Posted by Avengers_4everXX (156 posts) - - Show Bio

I am completely in favor of putting Wolverine in limbo for several decades. Or for all time. So get rid of him and Spidey, and replace them with Wonder Man, who deserves way better than the ludicrous story Bendis gave him, replace Wolverine with Ms. Marvel, because I find it utterly ridiculous that one of the greatest Avengers ever has been reduced to second-in-command of the New Avengers.... I mean really Bendis? you couldn't at least respect the character enough to make her the leader of the New Avengers? Luke Cage does not need to be leading two teams... and then just for fun demote Spider Woman to New Avengers and put Scarlet Witch back on the team after Children's Crusade ends :)

oh, and kill Bendis

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.