Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7704 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

pick a strike team to fight THIS specific threat

brantumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By brantumbo

Pick a team of 7 Avengers to fight one of these threats. Pick your team, give a specific reason for each pick, like why you think he would be instrumental to your mission.

1. Apocalypse shows up with a four horsemen of: Human Torch as famine, Rogue as pestilence, Juggernaut as war, and Namor as Death. This is The Twelve Apocalypse strength. And there is a precedent of Apocalypse using non-mutants as horsemen. He teleports down right on top of Avenges Mansion, who is there to respond? 

2. Dr. Doom has broken into Uatu's the Watchers moonbase, and taken over all of his technology and made a fortress. he has an army of doombots. Pick a team to enter the base and defeat Doom. 

3. Ultron has taken over an army of sentinels and the Baxter Building. He has activated all the Baxter Building defenses. Pick a team to infiltrate, disable defenses and defeat Ultron. 

4. Loki manages to somehow switch the mind of Hulk and implants his mind in both Hercules and Thor, in the middle of Manhattan. Pick a team to defeat the two savage heroes.  

5. Surtur waged war upon and overthrew Mephisto, and has since taken command of his realm. However, the war has decimated his army, and although he is at full strength, his army is currently non-existant, and you must strike while he is vulnerable. Pick a team to infiltrate "Surtur's Realm" and defeat the fire demon. ***Your team must include Loki*** 

6. The Avengers discover that the president of the U.S. is actually Kang in disguise, and his entire Secret Service is comprised of his personal guard, all of which have the ability to detect all beings within a 500ft radius who have super powers. It has been decided that the best course of action would be to stealthily infiltrate the White House, and extract Kang in his sleep. Reed Richards has created a device to mask your teams presence from Kang, however you must choose a team of heroes who have no powers. For this challenge, you may use Steve Rogers, and you can use Non-Avengers if you want.

Quick rules. Has to be someone who was on an Avengers team. Has to be 7. And the biggest one, and some of you wont like this, but it will make your leader picks take more thought: you cant use Captain America(Steve Rogers). This keeps you from saying "Cap would figure out something!". Pick an alternate leader, like Hawkeye, Janet Pym, Bucky Cap, or Iron Man. I love Cap, but this will make you put more thought into it. Hope the rules were clear, any questions just ask.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#2  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt  Online

For threat number 1 

Ares 
    Rune King Thor 
    World breaker Hulk 
    Sorceror Supreme Doctor Strange 
    Red Hulk  
    Skyfather Hercules 
    Mr.Fantastic as leader 

for threat number two 
    Mr.Fantastic 
    Iron Man 
    Sub-Mariner 
    Doctor Strange 
    Doomwar Black Panther 
    Captain Marvel 
    Pre-Bendis Sentry 

threat 3
    Hank Pym 
    Doomwar Black Panther 
    Wonder Man 
    Sandman 
    Scarlet Witch 
    Machine Man 
    Spider-man

DarkChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By DarkChris

A quick thought for threat No. 3 is... Hulk. Because he has now mind and with his powers can kick everyone's ass!!!!!!!

Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@brantumbo said:
    " Pick a team of 7 Avengers to fight one of these threats. Pick your team, give a specific reason for each pick, like why you think he would be instrumental to your mission. 1. Apocalypse shows up with a four horsemen of: Human Torch as famine, Rogue as pestilence, Juggernaut as war, and Namor as Death. This is The Twelve Apocalypse strength. And there is a precedent of Apocalypse using non-mutants as horsemen. He teleports down right on top of Avenges Mansion, who is there to respond?  2. Dr. Doom has broken into Uatu's the Watchers moonbase, and taken over all of his technology and made a fortress. he has an army of doombots. Pick a team to enter the base and defeat Doom.  3. Ultron has taken over an army of sentinels and the Baxter Building. He has activated all the Baxter Building defenses. Pick a team to infiltrate, disable defenses and defeat Ultron.  4. Loki manages to somehow switch the mind of Hulk and implants his mind in both Hercules and Thor, in the middle of Manhattan. Pick a team to defeat the two savage heroes.  Quick rules. Has to be someone who was on an Avengers team. Has to be 7. And the biggest one, and some of you wont like this, but it will make your leader picks take more thought: you cant use Captain America(Steve Rogers). This keeps you from saying "Cap would figure out something!". Pick an alternate leader, like Hawkeye, Janet Pym, Bucky Cap, or Iron Man. I love Cap, but this will make you put more thought into it. Hope the rules were clear, any questions just ask. "
    awesome idea.  to make it harder, im only picking living avengers who are available to help 
    1.  Thor (hope his magical lightning powers can faze Apoc and prevent him from being corrupted), Thor Girl (maybe she wont be courrupted either and can help thor), Vision (to take down Rogue), Ms. Marvel (to take down Human Torch), Iron Fist (to take on Namor and help clean his mind so he can stop a war between Atlantis and the US), Starfox (to help calm down Namor), and Hank Pym (manages to keep from being corrupted but also hurts influence with Juggernaut and Cytorrak Gem to stop him).  I cant have folks like Hulk cuz they might be corrupted.  

ill log on later to find a team for the other quests. 
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

btw team leader for my last team would be Hank Pym
    @brantumbo said:
    2. Dr. Doom has broken into Uatu's the Watchers moonbase, and taken over all of his technology and made a fortress. he has an army of doombots. Pick a team to enter the base and defeat Doom.  
    3. Ultron has taken over an army of sentinels and the Baxter Building. He has activated all the Baxter Building defenses. Pick a team to infiltrate, disable defenses and defeat Ultron. 
    4. Loki manages to somehow switch the mind of Hulk and implants his mind in both Hercules and Thor, in the middle of Manhattan. Pick a team to defeat the two savage heroes.  Quick rules. Has to be someone who was on an Avengers team. Has to be 7. And the biggest one, and some of you wont like this, but it will make your leader picks take more thought: you cant use Captain America(Steve Rogers). This keeps you from saying "Cap would figure out something!". Pick an alternate leader, like Hawkeye, Janet Pym, Bucky Cap, or Iron Man. I love Cap, but this will make you put more thought into it. Hope the rules were clear, any questions just ask. "
    2.  Hanky Pym to perfect his communication technology to scramble Doom's commands to his robots; he will be helped by Iron ManThor, Living Lightning, and Valkyrie can take Doom head on.  Using Pym particles, a sneak attack will be conducted by Ares and Justice.  The plan will be formulated beforehand, but no communication can be done on field between the three sections of the team in order to prevent Doom from cracking their codes or seeing the ambush. 

3.  Thor and Living Lightning (both of whom's electrical powers severely damage Sentinels) hold off Ultron and the Sentinels while Iron Man and Hank Pym create a computer virus to stop Ultron from controlling everything.  Wiccan and Doctor Strange will assist in giving the virus magical powers to be more destructive and harder for Ultron to decode.  If Ultron retreats into one body or mounts another attack, Justice can sneak in to his body using pym particles.  Since Pym will be engrossed in his work and Iron Man will be observing each side of the battle, Stark will be the captain of this mission.

4.  For the purposes of this mission I will assume that the Hulk-like state of mind cannot be subdued by stopping the duo from getting angry.  Instead, it will be best to have Justice guard as much of the city as possible with force fields while Valkyrie and Red Hulk take on the crazed heroes (this will be particularly easy if its the current depowered form of Hercules).  Doctor Strange and Wiccan can use magic to locate Loki.  They can go in with Iron Man to take down Loki and correct the problem.  She-Hulk will be assigned to dealing with Bruce Banner, who has the Hulk's powers yet lacks that part of his psyche.  She will try to talk him down and if that fails will take him on in battle.  This team will eventually fix the problem but I predict civilian losses will be high.  Since once again the team is split into three parts there can be no leader.  

this is so much fun please come up with another mission :)
    brantumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By brantumbo
    @Violet-Eyed Dragon: that was perfect! Will cook up some more ideas and edit them into the main post:)
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brantumbo said:
    " @Violet-Eyed Dragon: that was perfect! Will cook up some more ideas and edit them into the main post:) "
    great :)
    Avatar image for black_lantern_mar_vell
    Black Lantern Mar-vell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Threat #2 

Cosmic Avengers (they can all survive in outer space)
    1) Team Leader = Dr. Strange, can counter Doom's magic 
    2) Vision, can phase into the fortress 
    3) Kree Captain Mar-vell 
    4) Quasar 
    5) Star Fox 
    6) Nova (Richard, not Frankie) 
    7) Thor

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9  Edited By charlieboy

sitch 3 
    janet van dyne leader... excellent at sneaking in places. great leader under pressure like when the masters of evil took over the mansion. 
    photon.. powerhouse and speed. 
    ms. marvel. military training. strength energy absorbtion.  
    hank pym for his science knowledge.  
    hercules for strength 
    sue richards-for invisibility and protection. 
    scarlet witch. her hexes have messed ultron up before.  
    firestar. her powers mess up electronic and robotics.
    Maniac2312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Maniac2312

I'll get in on this as soon as I get my team ready I'll be posting it and beating the tar out of at least one of those situations :)
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brantumbo said:
    5. Surtur waged war upon and overthrew Mephisto, and has since taken command of his realm. However, the war has decimated his army, and although he is at full strength, his army is currently non-existant, and you must strike while he is vulnerable. Pick a team to infiltrate "Surtur's Realm" and defeat the fire demon. ***Your team must include Loki***  
    6. The Avengers discover that the president of the U.S. is actually Kang in disguise, and his entire Secret Service is comprised of his personal guard, all of which have the ability to detect all beings within a 500ft radius who have super powers. It has been decided that the best course of action would be to stealthily infiltrate the White House, and extract Kang in his sleep. Reed Richards has created a device to mask your teams presence from Kang, however you must choose a team of heroes who have no powers. For this challenge, you may use Steve Rogers, and you can use Non-Avengers if you want.
    5.  Probably the only way to win here is to summon Atum the Demigurge.  In order to do that, we will need to open up an opening to the realm of the dead.  Atum probably died by going through the after life of the Heliopolis gods.  I pick T'Challah who, while no longer a black panther, has a deep connection to the greatest Egyptian god--the Panther God.  I also chose Doctor Strange and Wiccan to help summon him back.  Thor is needed in order to give up Mjolnir to provide the energy for Atum to rise.  Loki is a given for the team.  With him comes his newest creation, the new Enchantress, who has vast powers of magic and can also teleport people.  She might be able to help provide routes in and out of Surtur's realm, which is now linked to Mephisto's realm.  Lastly we will need more team-members who can help guide the dead who will be released in this colossal battle.  Valkyrie has experience with such matters, so she is in.  Due to his vast knowledge on all things magic, Doctor Strange will lead the team. 
    6.  I WOULD say id just pick a bunch of soldiers and give them pym particles, but I think thats cheating.  I also think Moonstar is out due to her connection to Hela.  Therefore, I take Ka-Zar.  His vast array of technology including Antarctic vibranium (that dissolves all metal) makes him superior to most superhumans, and perfect for a technological themes villain like Kang.  His wife Shanna cant come since SOMEONE needs to rule the savage land if he dies.  Ka-Zar's team should include Captain America due to his superpowers.  After that, I take the five best soldiers the Army can bring who are specially trained for this type of mission.  I give them Ka-Zar's weapons and any technology that would be useful.  I let the Army pick who to use as captain since that person is probably most experienced with this type of thing.  
    this fun.  i hope you come up with more :)         
    Maniac2312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Maniac2312

1-Black Widow - leader 
    2-Wonder-Man-near indistructable muscle 
    3-Iron Man-tech marvel 
    4-Justice-TK 
    5-Firestar-to microwave the sentinels. 
    6-Crystal-Inhuman thermomiter buster 
    7-Black Panther-leftover Wkandan tech user. 

I can't do the scenario, sorry :( 
    But I know this team will save the Baxter building. 

As for this one:6. The Avengers discover that the president of the U.S. is actually Kang in disguise, and his entire Secret Service is comprised of his personal guard, all of which have the ability to detect all beings within a 500ft radius who have super powers. It has been decided that the best course of action would be to stealthily infiltrate the White House, and extract Kang in his sleep. Reed Richards has created a device to mask your teams presence from Kang, however you must choose a team of heroes who have no powers. For this challenge, you may use Steve Rogers, and you can use Non-Avengers if you want.
    I would use Black Widow, Hawkeye,Steve,Mockingbird,Ronin(Echo,she count?),Black Panther,and War Machine.
    Avatar image for unknown_soldier
    Unknown Soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Unknown Soldier
    @Maniac2312 said:
    " 3. Ultron has taken over an army of sentinels and the Baxter Building. He has activated all the Baxter Building defenses. Pick a team to infiltrate, disable defenses and defeat Ultron.  1-Black Widow - leader 2-Wonder-Man-near indistructable muscle 3-Iron Man-tech marvel 4-Justice-TK 5-Firestar-to microwave the sentinels. 6-Crystal-Inhuman thermomiter buster 7-Black Panther-leftover Wkandan tech user.  I can't do the scenario, sorry :( But I know this team will save the Baxter building.  As for this one:6. The Avengers discover that the president of the U.S. is actually Kang in disguise, and his entire Secret Service is comprised of his personal guard, all of which have the ability to detect all beings within a 500ft radius who have super powers. It has been decided that the best course of action would be to stealthily infiltrate the White House, and extract Kang in his sleep. Reed Richards has created a device to mask your teams presence from Kang, however you must choose a team of heroes who have no powers. For this challenge, you may use Steve Rogers, and you can use Non-Avengers if you want.I would use Black Widow, Hawkeye,Steve,Mockingbird,Ronin(Echo,she count?),Black Panther,and War Machine. "
    Um, wouldn't Kangs soldiers notice if War Machine was walking down the street? I mean sure the rest of the team can go in disguise but without his suit War Machine can't even hold his own. (Unless you count his military training)
    Maniac2312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Maniac2312
    @Unknown Soldier:
    Nah, he could just fly in out of sight and sneak Kang out the window while the gaurds are keeping an eye out for ground infiltrators.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.