Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7704 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Off My Mind: Marvel Studios' Next Event After Avengers

• 86 results
    G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By G Bird

I just hope we get to see a Moon Knight movie!

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @G Bird said:

"I just hope we get to see a Moon Knight movie! "

Keith David for Khonshu's voice if we're going the creepy 06 route. :)  
     (Cuz. Yknow. Khonshu's a shapeshifter. CGI giant evil bird in egpytian robes, anyone?)
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By InnerVenom123

I love how they're gonna make the Avengers popular to the casual guys. Hopefully people will think of Captain America or Thor instead of Wolverine when they think 'Marvel'.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#54  Edited By Gambit1024
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    "

I love how they're gonna make the Avengers popular to the casual guys. Hopefully people will think of Captain America or Thor instead of Wolverine when they think 'Marvel'.

"
    I just realized that this could actually happen. It's about time, lol.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Gambit1024:
    I know, right? About time.
    Midnight Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By Midnight Monk
    @rentfn: I agree with that too be honest, too many stars and characters seem like it'll be pushing it especially if it's a 90 min rush job of explosions. I'd prefer movies like Avengers and SA not even be talked about but only the future will tell if my opinion changes
    Avatar image for mr_hulk_smashin__
    Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Maybe They'll have norton as Hulk in Hulk movies and Ruffie as Hulk in Avengers movies.

Harlo37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Harlo37

Perhaps the supes genre isn't over but maybe it needs to take a different direction. I can't express how amazing I (still) feel the concept behind DC's Supermax could be. I'd like to see some different directions taken with our familiar characters. We don't need to constantly tell their origin stories. Besides we, at least those of us on this site, already know them. I'd like to see them start to adapt some one off interesting stories that assume the prior fiction is known.

The devil's advocates will argue that "the masses" won't know what to make of something like that. Honestly though, how many movies do you go see where they show you the complete history of a character before the really interesting parts happen? Besides comic movies, almost never. You get five minutes of establishing material and then you're on to the drama and we dumb masses can figure it out just fine. Watchmen is one of the only comic movie I can think of that started in the middle and let you figure it all out during the course of the film and that's only because that work is so highly regarded that they just went beat for beat to the original. What I'm ultimately saying is make good movies USING comic characters and stop focusing on building franchises and starting things over and over again.

Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#59  Edited By Jotham

By 2017, I'll probably have lost all interest in Marvel.

weapon154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By weapon154

HOLY CRAP!!!!!! EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE AVENGERS!!!!!!!!!!!! I"M #$@&@ING FREAKING OUT!!!!!!! ("SOB") ("SOB") IT"S A DOUBLE RAINBOW!!!!!!

Avatar image for _1elderscrollsfan
    #1ElderScrollsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers is going to be awesome I can't wait!!!

Omega-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#62  Edited By Omega-Man

I know this movie is going to suck. It's going to be bland in character and even more so bland in story telling.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#63  Edited By Decept-O
    @Gothic Storm:   You're right, I totally failed to remember that several key Marvel characters have been portioned out.  Don't know how soon, when/if they'll return.  Infinity Gauntlet, oh yeah, I was thinking that as well.  Wonder if that'd be possible to do first instead of a Secret Wars one?  Either way, regardless of continuity ( which probably wouldn't matter this time actually) a movie using these stories would be better than Aunt May's home cooking! 

@mickoreo_LZ:
    Thanks.  I think some peeps may be thinking along the same lines.  I think I should not have said that the Civil War idea was a "bad idea",  that was too harsh on my part.  It wasn't intended to be by any means.  I just don't think it would work at all in terms of a movie.  At least not yet.    Ferris was in a class all by himself.  I imagine a follow up movie will come to fruition long before a Secret Wars movie.  An animated Civil War movie would be great, good idea.

Secret Wars would really really be awesome.  How many fanboys and fangirls would wet themselves seeing all the Marvel heroes and villains together on the screen?  Even non-comic book readers in the audience would be impressed.  Can you imagine the scene--that one scene where the Hulk is holding up the mountain?  I get goosebumps just thinking about it.   

However. Gothic Storm brings up a good point which I failed to keep in mind:  Marvel still does NOT have all the rights to their characters.  I couldn't imagine a Secret Wars movie without the Fantastic Four.  No way.   

I wonder if the 2017 timeline may have something to do with the rights or not?   
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#64  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @Decept-O: I would think the 2017 is just making a five year plan after 2012's Avengers movie. It'd be nice if they someday get all their rights back under one roof.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @G-Man said:
    " @Decept-O: I would think the 2017 is just making a five year plan after 2012's Avengers movie. It'd be nice if they someday get all their rights back under one roof. "

Spidey team up with the X-men, anyone?
    Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#66  Edited By Decept-O
    @G-Man:
    Yes, sir, I totally agree.  Just wonder why its a five year plan.  Is it just common practice for movie studios perhaps or if it truly involves retaining the rights and other legal issues with the other characters.   

Guess I am being impatient!
    batmanboy11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#67  Edited By batmanboy11

I think they should do Iron Man 3 after Avengers, and then try something with The Punisher, let Edgar Wright do Ant-Man and get a Black Widow movie.
    difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By difficlus

hmmm maybe role out a few more movies and cartoons, merchanises etc to get comics back into the goldern age would be nice...

Avatar image for harleenquinzel10
    harleenquinzel10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By harleenquinzel10

they cannot, i repeat cannot cast a new tony stark. Robert Downey Jr. is so completly perfect for the role, i couldnt imaging anyone else.
    Technoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#70  Edited By Technoman
    @harleenquinzel10: He is a rocking tony stark.
    DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#71  Edited By DanialCarroll
    @Bandito said:
    " @Danial79:  They've tried Punisher three times and failed miserably each time.  He's toxic as a solo movie project.  They would be better off leaving him as a foil for Spider-Man or another hero, although I would just as soon they never show him again (on film or comic). "
    Perhaps just the bad guy of the Marvel Knights film then :)
    emmbro30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By emmbro30

I would personally like to see both an Infinity Gauntlet movie and a Marvel, DC crossover movie.  Avengers vs. JLA.

semantink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By semantink

What I would really like to see after The Avengers movie is a concerted effort to re-aquire the properties that Marvel had previously farmed out (x-men, Daredevil, Spider-man, etc.). If Marvel studios continues to expand their cinematic universe, it's only a matter of time before they run into an issue without these properties. 

In terms of what I would actually like to see on screen, lots of the Marvel street level characters would be awesome. Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and Moon Knight would all make for good films. 

bingbangboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#74  Edited By bingbangboom

I think it is Avengers 2 pretty much. They will build up to the new Avengers movie with other movies just like they have been doing. Also cost wise Marvel is very smart and actors know that they won't get huge money on these movies. It is not like how it was 10 or 15 years ago with $20 Million paydays. I think they will plant those seeds and spin the Avengers movie into a bunch of movies. 

Ultron makes perfect sense with this as far as the next villain because they can tie it to Ant Man, Iron Man and other movies that may have tech in it.

Bandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Bandito
    @Danial79:  
    I would enjoy seeing Power Man & Iron Fist beat the crap out of the Punisher. 

You know what?  Forget that.  I want to see Misty Knight and Colleen Wing beat the crap out of the Punisher.
    Avatar image for blueninjapanther
    blueninjapanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By blueninjapanther

I would like to see Black Panther!!!!
    JeffGoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By JeffGoldblum
    @rentfn said:
    " For some reason I think Avengers is going to be a train wreck. Who knows what will follow. "
    I have the utmost faith in Joss Whedon. Even if the Cap movie ends up terrible, I bet Whedon will be able to pull something entertaining off.
    Luthorcrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Luthorcrow
    @G-Man are you crazy? Why would they need to recast in 2017. That is hard enough time for the actors age to point that it would matter.

Honestly, I think the public has a limited attention so I think spreading magic too thin on secondary characters would be a mistake.  Juggling Spiderman, Avengers, Captain America, Thor and more Iron Man films is more than enough to keep them busy through 2020 much less 2017.
    Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Eyz

I just hope this first Avengers flick works out....

Avatar image for thespiritstalker
    TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#80  Edited By TheSpiritStalker

I guess the Silver Surfer or somethin. But I hope this movie goes good because it's got a lot ridin on it.

JoeH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By JoeH

I hope the avengers and marvels super hero movies go the way of the old bond films, continuous but always with new directors, new writers and new actors.

Avatar image for theblaquebasterd
    THEBlaqueBasterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By THEBlaqueBasterd

Where are all these cynics comin from???

This is fantastic!!!  despite cap not bein who id have hoped (get it?)this is so amazing..Renner as Hawkeye? Geekasm, Jackson 
    Johansson & RDJ still good to go.. Semi, The fact Whedon hasnt disappeared into the mountains...Multiple geekasm

I imagine a streamlined compact hyper realistic take on the franchise  sort of Begins meets Serenity sprinkled with a dash of Ultimates 

Alot of u are missin the POINT(&a good deal of common sense aswell) a stellar director &or screenwiter can string multiple charsacters together without creating any disparities in screen time or emphasis.. however this doesnt matter as almost ALL the main guys will ALREADY have their OWN movies.. PPL will already KNOW the deal jus like when u pick up an Avengers comic u dont go "uhh who da guy in tincan?..nurr" coz uv already READ Iron Man.. the same goes for the movies so instead of makin the big teamup movie simultaneously introducin every1 thatd be borderin on impossible to pulloff THEN have spinoffs..
    U introduce the Mainstays THEN pull em all together with everyone already knowin who they all are there be no need for drawn out introductions or pandering.
    &the placekickers ie: Furies, Black Widows Hawkeyes (Quicksiilvers & Sc\rlett Witchs?) will already have appeared in the run up movies ...THE STRATEGY IS PERfECT!!!

As long as the direction is good (&I have every faith in Whedon) nothing can go wrong.

Avatar image for theblaquebasterd
    THEBlaqueBasterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By THEBlaqueBasterd

I Hope they DO make civil war..  What story would possibly resonate more? Use ur imaginations AND ur practicality for a sec.. it wouldn HAVE to have EVERY tom dick n larry in it to work..It could also be a sortof bookended trilogy that segues into the Dark Avengers story (minus the ridiculous skrull invasion inda middle)

Cap could die in the middle film or end of the first one (after the initial Avengers Movie) &the final in the trilogy showcasing the (non corny) rebirth of Rogers &death of the Sentry  

OH &IF ANY MARVEL STUDIOS EXECS ARE READIN THESE COMMENTS (&they usually are... ) CONTACT ME  THRU MY INBOX FOR SCRIPT OPTIONS

N_Tense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By N_Tense

I spoke to Spike Lee when he came to the UofA... I asked him to do Black Panther, as a personal favor to me!

I played to his ego, I asked him if he remembered how pissed he was when he lost Ali... Then I went on to say that I'd be that hurt if he didn't do Black Panther. I was honest and true when I told him Wesley wanted Panther first, but they made him grab Blade. (Wesley and Spike remain friends today!)

He went on to say that he didn't do Action/SciFi, and I reminded him of 25 Hour... He could do anything! My idea was met with an uproarious applause, and he even commented on my Spidey tee! Here's hoping he helms it with his epic direction?!

SpitfireINK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By SpitfireINK

----   SILVER  SURFER  ---- 

ta333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By ta333

i want to see another hulk maybe with skaar
    and something with cable in it
    or a civil war triligy

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.