Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7703 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Off My Mind: How Will Red Hulk Change The Avengers?

• 116 results
    Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#101  Edited By Theodore
    @G-Man said:
    " @Theodore: The Ross often seen (and the one Rulk 'killed') was an LMD. "
    thank you G-Man! well now that was smart on his part wasn't it, I gotta get around to reading the rest, I only read up to Hulk 10...
    HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By HaloKing343

My vote is that Red Hulk is not a permanant member, but just part of a storyarc. I don't think I want to see a lot of him down the road but if he's a temporary player, who eventually becomes the villan, that would be really interesting.
    Comiclove5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 2

#103  Edited By Comiclove5

As long as its written well.
    Zebramag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#104  Edited By Zebramag

I'm not a big fan of the ' smart Hulk' that was seen at the end of Hulk #24, but I think that i's interesting that the Marvel Universe has a monstrous Hulk that is hated by everyone again.  It's just confusing that there are two characters using the same name. Ross needs his own moniker soon and not 'Rulk.'

Dr. Detfink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#105  Edited By Dr. Detfink

my biggest beef with the Red Hulk is how he seems to be in control of his alter ego while Bruce almost always goes full retard with the Hulk. Seems to me, it is arbitrary in terms of how to control the Hulk vs losing control.

xlizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By xlizen

I am disappointed how the Avengers title is going. I'm going to stick with Secret Avengers.

obscurefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#107  Edited By obscurefan
    @the_orange_crush said:
    " @obscurefan:  that, or at least the new thunderbolts program would seem more fitting. "
    Oh yeah, you know that actually would be really fitting.
    Avatar image for dreaded_porcupine
    Dreaded Porcupine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the Red Hulk/Avengers idea. It makes for some interesting potential. Hulk vs Thor. Hulk vs Cap for leadership. Of course the villains will have to be heavy duty to compete with this all star cast. I can see the Exemplars holding their own (with Juggernaut). The Thunderbolts holding their own (with Atlas added) but not to many others. I see the Red Hulk's stay a short token one. Ross will split because he doesn't see eye to eye with anyone. Especially Bucky. I hope Bendis does an Exemplar story line.

Sparky_Buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#109  Edited By Sparky_Buzzsaw

I like the unique blend of old personalities combined with the new, and I'm really intrigued as to how all the characters will interact.  That, to me, will sell the books more than the story arcs or villains - but strong villains are certainly going to be a necessity, too.

kheranlord12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#110  Edited By kheranlord12
    @Dreaded Porcupine said:
    "

I like the Red Hulk/Avengers idea. It makes for some interesting potential. Hulk vs Thor. Hulk vs Cap for leadership. Of course the villains will have to be heavy duty to compete with this all star cast. I can see the Exemplars holding their own (with Juggernaut). The Thunderbolts holding their own (with Atlas added) but not to many others. I see the Red Hulk's stay a short token one. Ross will split because he doesn't see eye to eye with anyone. Especially Bucky. I hope Bendis does an Exemplar story line.

"
    I'm glad someone likes the idea of red hulk joing the avengers a lot of people have been unhappy about it they don't see the potential.
    Cain Marco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Cain Marco

Bad idea IMO.Rulk is better as a solo player and besides he's an anti hero he doesn't fit the team.

ShirEPanjshir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#112  Edited By ShirEPanjshir

I think it might be interesting, a lot will depend on how Bendis will have Rulk  interact with the other team members. The enemy will also have to be heavy duty, since you'll have so many heavy hitters in the Avengers team.

Dreaded Porcupine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warlord1234 said:
    " @Dreaded Porcupine said:
    "

"
    I'm glad someone likes the idea of red hulk joing the avengers a lot of people have been unhappy about it they don't see the potential. "

@warlord1234:  

I've liked the whole Jeph Loeb Hulk run so far. At first I thought it was going to be a joke but I thought it ended up pretty good. Maybe a tad to many Hulks but there were a lot of good fights that came out of it. Some times good old fashioned rough stuff from a lot of popular characters is a great change of pace. SI bored the crap out of me. So did Dark Reign after awhile. Hated Ultimatum. I never thought I'd see Thor knocked out cold by Rulk but he was. Outsmarted and smitten with his own hammer. I'm still waiting for the rematch.
    Dreaded Porcupine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Cain Marco said:
    "Bad idea IMO.Rulk is better as a solo player and besides he's an anti hero he doesn't fit the team. "

You could say the same thing about Wolverine. Sometimes bad fits create great dynamics. And if you're a Marvel pencil neck. Sales! 

The Avengers is now an allstar cast. Don't worry. Rulk will probably have a token run unless sales sky rocket. Then forget it. The bean counters will glue him to the pages if they have to, to keep him in the book.
    SnottyCane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By SnottyCane

he may hate heros but he loves his country and a good soldier hope it works out !
    Avatar image for originalsentinei
    OriginalSentinei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think it will last long but the dynamic of the power struggle between so many strong characters should be rather interesting while it lasts.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.