Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7703 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Off My Mind: How Will Red Hulk Change The Avengers?

• 116 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

No Caption Provided
    In November's Avengers #7, the team is getting a new member. Red Hulk will be joining the team. Let's hope they survive the experience.  

Everyone may not agree with me but I like the Avengers and I like Red Hulk. You should know by now that Red Hulk's identity was recently revealed and it is none other than one of Hulk's greatest enemies, General Thunderbolt Ross. I felt that reveal was totally fitting and liked the idea of the man who had been hunting the "monster" for years had to become one himself in order to "save the country" (in his opinion). 

Red Hulk is clearly not the same as the regular Hulk. You can see the soldier in him. He is more savage and willing to kill to get the mission done. Red Hulk joining the Avengers is something that Jeph Loeb hinted at back in October (go to about the 13:00 mark at the end). How will the other members take his presence? Will Red Hulk be able to take orders from Iron Man or whoever is leading the team? More importantly, how will he became an actual member? 
     == TEASER == 
    No Caption Provided
    Red Hulk on the team will change things. So far on the Avengers, we're seeing a lot of the same members on the different teams. Some of characters (like Iron Man and Thor) already got their butts handed to them by Red Hulk. I can't see them all getting along playing volleyball in their spare time. 

Red Hulk on the team also adds to the brute strength of the team. We've already been seeing Thor flying off and smashing things. With Red Hulk, their strength level as increased.  

I'm also curious to see how Red Hulk and Bucky will get along in the field, if they'll be approaching everything from a soldier's perspective. 

I know people on Comic Vine have already voiced their opinion on Red Hulk joining the team. While I too am a little reluctant to see where this will go, I am also curious. The fact that there may have been actual plans for Red Hulk joining the team as far back as last October means that this could be something that has been thought about for a while. It may not just be a splashy gimmick. I wasn't completely sure how I felt about Ross being Red Hulk at first but now I do think it adds to the character. He has a reason and motive for being the Red Hulk instead of just another powerful character running around smashing things. With him on the team, I see some bad times for the Avengers as they all have to adjust. I don't think anyone wants to really see a perky little team where everyone gets along. I imagine Red Hulk and Tony Stark butting heads all the time. Who doesn't want to see that? So I may not have completely thrilled with this Avengers series lately, I can't wait to see where this is going to take the book. I think having Red Hulk on the team will shake things up and help give the book a unique identity like Secret Avengers does compared to the other Avengers books.
    CaptainUseless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1  Edited By CaptainUseless

Personally I like that Red Hulk is going to join the Avengers. I'd have prefered if Bruce Banner joined, but oh well. Now the Avengers will almost have their original line-up; Iron Man, Thor, Cap and now a Hulk.

Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Namor1987

Sweet I like it

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

Some of characters (like Iron Man and Thor) already got their butts handed to them by Red Hulk. I can't see them all getting along playing volleyball in their spare time. 

Both of them will be returning the favour shortly.

No Caption Provided

I presume they will short out any differences they may have by the time Avengers # 7 hits the shelves.
    Arkham J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Arkham J

Dislikes.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

I would say that he'll ruin it, but the current Avengers series is crap anyway so....

bingbangboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By bingbangboom

I read some of the whole Red Hulk stuff and thought he art was very good but thats about it. The story itself was so cartoony and oddly enough seems like if someone was making a Hulk movie, they would do something weird like this. The character itself reminds me of Grey Hulk, sly and on the bad side. 

We will see how he is written here, Bendis has a way to take characters people don't tend to want or need and plop them in Avengers books. *cough*sentry*cough* 

We don't even know if this is just an arc that he is in or he is officially joining the team, which I would doubt.

Crimson Eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Crimson Eagle

I'm not crazy about it and I hope that Red Hulk on the team is temporary, but I have a feeling that he is going to stay on the team for a while.

BTW, since Rulk is Gen. Ross, could he be the new temporary leader of the avengers in the present, since the leaders are in the future?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#8  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @bingbangboom: Loeb mentioned, "One of the big team books has asked whether or not he can go on that book." 

Also the cover of PREVIEWS says, "Welcome to the Avengers, Red Hulk...hope they survive the experience!" 

Sure that doesn't mean much but we'll see. I really think it can change things and spice up the book.
    DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DanialCarroll

I don't like Red Hulk at all. There should only be one Hulk :)

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Danial79 said:

" I don't like Red Hulk at all. There IS only one Hulk :) "

Fixed :)
    DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DanialCarroll
    @FadeToBlackBolt: lol :)
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Danial79: Off topic, did you read Inc. Hulk 611? One of the contenders for best issue of the year, imo.
    longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By longbowhunter

Something tells me "Rulk" will not be a team player. 

Can someone tell me what happens to General Ross's moustache when he hulks out? He should keep it and paint over it like Ceasar Romero did as the Joker.

Powerzone789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By Powerzone789

this...is odd, i don't think it will last long i think every single member will start butting heads with rulk, but who knows, we'll jus have to wait and see

ironshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ironshadow

They should stop calling him Red Hulk and just call him Thunderbolt and he should have been a Dark Avenger.

Avatar image for the_cyan_lantern
    The Cyan Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#16  Edited By The Cyan Lantern

It probably is for a six part story arc with them having some differences (from Red Hulk) and leave in not such a good way. 

Crimson Eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Crimson Eagle
    @ironshadow: You're right, Gen. Ross should be part of the Dark Avengers.
    Bandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bandito
    @CaptainUseless said:
    " Personally I like that Red Hulk is going to join the Avengers. I'd have prefered if Bruce Banner joined, but oh well. Now the Avengers will almost have their original line-up; Iron Man, Thor, Cap and now a Hulk. "
    Nit-picky, I know, but Captain America wasn't part of the original line-up. 

I don't like Red Hulk--hate the idea of him--but I also don't like that many of the Avengers sound interchangeable when Bendis writes them (not all but quite a few).  I think adding him to the team will definitely change the dynamic and infuse some energy into the book.
    NexusOfLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By NexusOfLight

My big question is will Red Hulk's Loebforce is gonna get downgraded or upgraded by the Power Bendis? All joking aside, I think this'll be cool. It's definitely different, and I like different from time to time. Should definitely make for a decent to good story, at least it better.

darkking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#20  Edited By darkking

wait a second this makes no sence what so ever ,  he nearly killed everyone in the marvel world now hes  joining the avengers ?  ,  kinda of odd because will so many marvel characters wanted too kill him , but because no can kill the red hulk  , hes got be an  avenger , Red Hulk is a cool charater but he needed to be a  crisis villian to green hulk like black lantern army  was to the green lantern corps [blackest night ] ......???????
    karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By karrob

*kanye shrug* I guess we will just have to wait and see

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#22  Edited By Decept-O

This I don't like.  I feel let down after reading Hulk and the reveal which I think is lame-o.  This may present a new dynamic but given  Red Hulk's identity, it just doesn't interest me anymore.
    Comik Book Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Comik Book Guy

i hate Red Hulk

-Hesperus-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By -Hesperus-

The only decent thing about the HULK series is the art by Ed McGuinness. This book is being drawn by John Romita Jr. So the only appealing thing about reading a comic about the Red Hulk (the awesome art) doesn't apply to Avengers. Couple that with the fact that Bendis will almost definitely get his characterization wrong (even though it's a pretty simple character) and I don't see the Avengers title doing very well at all. 

Kind of ridiculous that they put the worst artist on what is supposed to be the main Avengers book while Secret and New Avengers get Deodato and Immomen.

CaptainUseless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By CaptainUseless
    @Bandito said:

" @CaptainUseless said:

" Personally I like that Red Hulk is going to join the Avengers. I'd have prefered if Bruce Banner joined, but oh well. Now the Avengers will almost have their original line-up; Iron Man, Thor, Cap and now a Hulk. "

Nit-picky, I know, but Captain America wasn't part of the original line-up.  I don't like Red Hulk--hate the idea of him--but I also don't like that many of the Avengers sound interchangeable when Bendis writes them (not all but quite a few).  I think adding him to the team will definitely change the dynamic and infuse some energy into the book. "
    I know, but I thought it sounded odd just saying Thor and Iron Man cause that's 2/5 of the origianl line-up which is next to nothing.
    csimon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By csimon

only time will tell
    DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DanialCarroll
    @FadeToBlackBolt: I only read comics either as Marvel Digital Comics or Trades, and unfortunately, IH #611 isn't available as either just yet :(
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Danial79: Yeah, that's what I usually do, but I hated WWH so much that I just needed to read a real Hulk issue.
    ForbushBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ForbushBug

So will Rulk be a totally innocent and guileless virgin that Tony can buy ponies for?

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @ForbushBug: I think that's the notion; the Satanic Trinity of Marvel (Bendis, Quesada, Loeb) are in charge, so this story will make zero sense.
    Bandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Bandito
    @CaptainUseless:  
    Yeah, but considering Bucky and Red Hulk aren't the originals, it's still like 2.5/6 of the first team.  Whatever.
    Bandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Bandito

I think the bigger deal here is that Bendis is actually writing a Hulk character in the 616 universe.  In his ten years at Marvel, how many times has Bendis written the Hulk or included him in a story?

Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#33  Edited By Cafeterialoca

I just don't like Red Hulk.
    He's everything in a character I don't like.

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By spidey 15
    @Morpheus_ said:
    "

Some of characters (like Iron Man and Thor) already got their butts handed to them by Red Hulk. I can't see them all getting along playing volleyball in their spare time. 

Both of them will be returning the favour shortly.

No Caption Provided

I presume they will short out any differences they may have by the time Avengers # 7 hits the shelves. "
    I WANT THIS!!!! 
    =D
    grimlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By grimlock

Thadeus thunderbolt Ross is red hulk? cool

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#36  Edited By cbishop
    @ironshadow said:
    "They should stop calling him Red Hulk and just call him Thunderbolt... "

Thank you.  I was just thinking this as I read the article.
    Mumbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Mumbles

might be cool. rulk smash!

killak11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By killak11

Is it just me or is Red Hulk just the Marvel knock-off of DC's General Eiling?

DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#39  Edited By DMC

I like Rulk especially after reading Hulk #24. I'm glad they have plans for him outside is book. Putting him on the Avengers did seem odd at first, but after giving it some thought, I think adding such a controversial character into the mix is a good idea, if done right. 

Still, it's not enough for me to pick up the series, Secret Avengers is enough for me. ^_^

Avatar image for ironspidy_rooney
    IronSpidy-Rooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#40  Edited By IronSpidy-Rooney

I think Steve Rodgers will want Rulk to be apart of his Heroic Age, a world run by multiply Avenger teams. Its a good idea since Rulk tried to run the country his way !! So Steve must like something about Ross's methods  
    Thanks for the link to my Post btw G-Man. Appreciated  

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Mutant God

The real problem is the Hulk: the Avengers are his friends and Ross is an enemy of his who has tried to kill him multiple times.
    Avatar image for the_orange_crush
    the_orange_crush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By the_orange_crush

Never read the whole Red Hulk story line. And Avengers has been getting stale, so I think adding Red Hulk would bring a new dynamic to the team and create an interesting plot. If only Bendis would just stop with the back and forth banters and witticism between the characters that make up 3/4 of the dialogue of every issue.

By the way, they need to explain why Thunderbolt Ross LOSES his mustache when he turns into Red Hulk, and then grows it back when he becomes human again. I hope Tony Stark does some research on that.

Avatar image for top_flight_security
    Top Flight Security

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I'm liking it. This should make for some very interesting stories.

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By goldenkey

WOW!  This sounds killer.

Jordanstine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Jordanstine

What are you thinking Marvel

Bring back the Grey Hulk

It's long overdue! 

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#46  Edited By leokearon

Rulk is overhyped and overrated, I never liked the character, with any luck he will last as long as The Hulk did on the team
    ckal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ckal

As long as no member of the team gets punked and embarrassed by Red Hulk, or as long as Thor is there to stop it and lay Red Hulk a smack down, I have no problem with it. I'm sure nobody wants to see any of their favorite characters treated so ridiculously like that again.

In fact, I hope when Red Hulk joins the team, he gets put in his place. That could make for an interesting dynamic, especially if he tries to take charge too.

Avatar image for darkwolverineusmc
    darkwolverineUSMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 4

I think he'll do a good job as an anvenger. Ross isn't really bad. He just rally hates the hulks, and is willing to do whatever it takes to protect America. It's that drive and determination that makes him a great candidate for the Avengers.
    rickyboy95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By rickyboy95

i think this is a terrible idea, because originally Red Hulk was beating the crap out of Avengers left right and center, then the next minute he is joining them!!

GrimoireMyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By GrimoireMyst
    @Danial79 said:
    " I don't like Red Hulk at all. There should only be one Hulk :) "
    I agree. Its possibly that it could be formulaic they they are doing in all the Ultimate's series of comics. Have a problem just put a Hulk in it. That way when they get their butts kicked by someone
    they have another as backup with the title line "This Hulk wasn't beaten yet." sort of crap.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.