Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7702 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Off My Mind: How Mighty is Captain America's New Avengers Lineup?

• 113 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

There's been a lot of discussion about choosing members of a team. We looked at the characteristics teams should have as well as how leaders of teams are selected. Some teams rarely change their roster. Other teams, like the Justice League or Avengers, are constantly changing members.

With the current disasters in the Marvel Universe, the time came to re-examine where they were and what would be best for the world. With so many members running around, Captain America felt the time was to narrow it down, to figure out who the actual team would consist of. Luke Cage's New Avengers would remain untouched but Cap's Avengers are considered the sanctioned authority.

No Caption Provided

It was Tony Stark's idea that the team needed some old friends. Captain America now has to decide who stays on the team and who he needs to try to recruit. It won't be an easy task. He needs to figure out who will make the team balanced in terms of personality and firepower. And there's also the fact that not everyone asked will want to join the team. As we look over the roster he's chosen, be aware that there will be some spoilers to Avengers #19, but if you've seen the cover, you basically already know who's on the team.

== TEASER ==

Storm

No Caption Provided

Cap started out asking Black Panther to rejoin. He told him he'd be there when they need him but he has other things he needs to do (he better do them quickly since word is out his title is ending soon). T'challa is in a weird place right now (not in terms of location). He left Wakanda and took up residence in Hell's Kitchen. Despite being married to Storm, he insisted on fighting his own battles without her help. And similarly, he doesn't want the Avengers' help either.

He told Steve that it wasn't a friendly face he needed but instead, firepower. He suggested his wife. Storm is an insanely powerful mutant. There's no question why many call her a goddess. Besides firepower, she is also a formidable hand-to-hand fighter. Having lead the X-Men for so long, she even has some tactical skills. She can fly and blast enemies from afar. She is clearly a great addition to the team.

Vision

No Caption Provided

Vision originally joined back in Avengers (Vol. 1) #58. Don't confuse this Vision with the one running around with the Young Avengers. This is the original, the one destroyed in Avengers #500.

What does he add to the team? He's incredibly intelligent (he has a machine for a brain). This means he can also interface with computers and other forms of technology. He can fly (just like Storm). He can alter the density of his body, thus being 'bullet-proof' or able to phase through objects (pretty handy if you need to sneak into a place). He can emit solar radiation through the jewel on his forehead and there always his signature move, phasing his hand into someone and increasing his density until they pass out from the pain.

Vision hasn't always been totally stable so hopefully Stark got all the bugs worked out.

Red Hulk

No Caption Provided

Say what you want about the name or idea, having a Hulk on the team is a great asset, as long as they don't smash everything. Red Hulk isn't your typical Hulk. As General Thunderbolt Ross, he has years of experience on the battlefield. During his war against Hulk, he went up against some crazy things. Not only is he good at tactical decisions, he's not one to back down from a fight.

Red Hulk has been with the team for a little while now. He joined up in issue #12 and has more than proven his worth and loyalty. He's also gone on several missions for Cap during his Commander Rogers days. Since the team doesn't need any more tactical members, it's his strength that will truly be an asset. Every team should have a powerhouse member and Red Hulk is it. If there's an enemy that needs smashing, you know he'll be able to get the job done.

Quake

No Caption Provided

Agent Daisy Johnson hasn't been active in the superhero community for very long, she's only eighteen years old. But Nick Fury immediately recognized her potential. As a member of S.H.I.E.L.D., she soon gained Level 10 Clearance, the highest level possible (only Fury and Black Widow have this level of clearance).

Besides her aptitude in training and espionage, she also has her powers. The reason she's called Quake is she can generate earthquakes. She learned to control her seismic vibrations to be able to pinpoint them and cause individual items to explode. She even exploded Wolverine's heart from the inside. That and her black-ops skills come in real handy in different situations.

Protector

No Caption Provided

Noh-Varr is a character that keeps popping up on teams then quietly sneaks away. As a member of the Kree, he possesses great strength and is also extremely intelligent (he managed to help build a Space-Time Continuum Viewer. He can also do some freaky things with the nanotechnolgy in his saliva, such as controlling people.

He officially joined the team in issue #6 and hopefully he'll play a bigger role in the team this time.

Hawkeye and Spider-Woman

No Caption Provided

The two of these have been Avengers for some time now. Hawkeye joined in 1965's issue #16. Spider-Woman's story is a little different since when she first joined, it was really the Skrull Queen. She was brought back in New Avengers (Vol. 1) #48 and then joined officially on the Avengers in issue #1.

Both have experience and skills that make them an asset to the team. But, there might be some problems. Clint has volunteered to be a mentor or teacher at the Avengers Academy, now located on the West Coast.

The two are in the early stages of developing a romantic relationship. We've already looked at the question of whether or not team members should get involved with each other. This could cause some distractions that could be dangerous in the field.

Iron Man

No Caption Provided

Iron Man's been around since the beginning. He's the guy with the vision. He's the one that wants to rebuild everything (the Avengers Tower, Vision, the team, etc).

He's a great guy to have on the team because of his brains. He can build some crazy suits than do a lot of damage to the enemies. And with Vision up and running, it'll be good to have a genius on the team in case something goes wrong.

As with some of the others, it's not clear how much time he'll be able to devote to the team. He has his own priorities with trying to rebuild his company (yet another thing to rebuild). But Tony's pretty much always been there for the team so this time shouldn't be any different.

Who's out?

No Caption Provided

Spider-Man and Wolverine have been going back and forth between the Avengers and New Avengers. As Wolverine points out, they already have a mutant and a spider-person. Ms. Marvel will likely stay with the New Avengers. Doctor Strange is also a member of the New Avengers but with the Defenders coming back, who knows if he'll split his time between both teams. Iron Fist and Mockingbird will also remain on the New Avengers. The Thing is feeling bad about being possessed and destroying the Tower during FEAR ITSELF, so we'll have to see if he stays with the New Avengers.

Beast, Black Widow, War Machine, Ant-Man and Valkyrie are part of the Secret Avengers. Moon Knight doesn't appear to have a place on any team.

Problems?

The team has a lot of leaders on it. Cap, Iron Man, Storm, Vision and even Red Hulk could all make plans during a battle. Hopefully everyone will not be able to resist the fact that Captain America is the ultimate leader and should always be looked to when time for decisions.

No telepath? Having someone with telepathy makes it easier for the team to remain in contact with each other. With all the brains and technology, they could easily whip up some sort of tiny communication devices but sometimes telepathy is easier. And you don't have to worry about batteries dying.

Magic? They don't have any protection against mystical attacks.

Speed? They don't have a dedicated speedster although Noh-Varr has been said to have fast reflexes. Hopefully speed won't be a major issue with all the other powers on the team.

Summary

No Caption Provided

The team appears to be pretty well-rounded. There are a couple areas to be concerned with but it looks like Cap chose a pretty good roster. Black Panther will probably start hanging out with them more often. His fighting skills (along with Cap's) will add even more to the team when fighting the villains.

The big question is how will this team work together. With some veteran members and new Avengers, they're going to have to spend some time getting to know each other and each other's abilities. They could have all the firepower and skills in the world but if they can't work together as a team, none of that will matter.

thatlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By thatlad

Quake, I've been wondering what happened to her. So they're just binning off the ending of Hickman's excellent secret warriors, where Fury left Daisy with that international peacekeeping force independent of the avengers? Fuck you marvel

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By jordama

So Storm really is an official Avenger now, so many happy "raindrops"

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By leokearon

Hurray, no more Spidey and Wolvie. 

Also it is great to see the Vision back

King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By King Quisling

@thatlad: it's comic books.....

Avatar image for blacklightning13
    Blacklightning13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Blacklightning13

I like it. A bit lacking in the areas you said but it is still pretty good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c97835f97617
    deactivated-5c97835f97617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

no spidey or wolverine :(

obscurefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By obscurefan

It's a better lineup than what we've had, but, and not to sound like a hater, its still Bendis writing it, so I'll wait and see how it goes.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#8  Edited By Teerack

Really sad to see Moon Knight off the secret avengers, but I'm happy about venom being on the team.  

Ms. Marvel I feel deserves to be on the team considering how devoted and good she is at what she does. Logan was a great avenger, but i can see why cap might not want him on the team considering how "extreme" he can get. Spider-man not being included is bull shit, and the only real reason i can think is he did kinda tell cap i quit in the end of fear itself before they got their magic weapons. 

I wanna see a secret avengers that Fury leads, and I wish they could know Bucky didn't die I'd love him on that team. 

Quake is a terrible choice. It's like they picked a name out of the most uninteresting marvel hero bin. 

also i feel like i'm missing something... Iron man just rebuilds vision just like that.....? and hope he sees his wife soon :) 

Also Squirrel Girl NEEDS to be an official member of the New Avengers.

AwesomeAquaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AwesomeAquaman

The less of Wolverine I see the better.

Avatar image for apatheticavenger
    ApatheticAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -3

#10  Edited By ApatheticAvenger

@Teerack said:

Also Squirrel Girl NEEDS to be anofficialmember of the New Avengers.

This. Who doesn't love Squirrel Girl? She's just so damn adorable. Also, I'm very interested in her "past" with Wolverine.

thechessclub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By thechessclub

@AwesomeAquaman said:

This^

Avatar image for deactivated-579156ff11b09
    deactivated-579156ff11b09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Captain America - No question

Iron Man - No question

Vision - Very weak and lame comeback, if the writers wanted him back on the team so bad at least put some effort into this, otherwise a solid pick if he really is working correctly.

Storm - As Queen of Wakanda with a missing king, and a recently accepted post of #2 with the Utopia based X-Men, she should not be included on the team. There is simply too much on her plate, but Marvel with conveniently ignore this to have another big name in the book. Under different circumstances it would be a great pick.

Red Hulk - Marvel is trying so bad to make anyone care about Red Hulk and Red She Hulk that they put them on the Avengers and Defenders trying to make them relevant. I do not agree that over 20 issues he has now proven himself to anyone, it takes a lot longer than that with his history.

Protector - His presence makes the team a little more well rounded, his powers and skills are diverse and he has knowledge and experience that the team can use.

Quake - So you have a SECRET agent, trained by Nick Fury personally and you do not put her on the SECRET Avengers. I want to hear this one explained.

Hawkeye - Belongs on the New Avengers

Spider Woman - Belongs on the New Avengers

- I understand that you want to have one of everything, but telepaths, speedsters, and sorcerers of any real level of power are few and far between. Besides the X-Men hoard telepaths and they never learned to share in kindergarden.

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By Chaos Burn

this guys art looks amazing in some panels, then half-assed in others... like they forgot to draw certain lines

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By KainScion

wolvie i get, really. i have much love for the guy, but he's been spreading himself pretty thin. but spidey c'mon. now he's just on new avengers, right? he still is on that team right?? i agree with war machine on many points. storm on avengers doesnt sit right with me. she doesnt have the avenger feel to it. and ego she's gonna give to storm fanboys. MY GOD!! but he's hoping that marvel pimp her out soo much that they decide to kill her off.

Carolina574

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By Carolina574

I actually like the new team.

fivestarga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By fivestarga

I'll take the New Avengers and Extinction team over these cats.

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RainEffect

I want to punch Hawkeye. Why does he get to hook up with some of my favourite Marvel females? Wanda, Natasha and now Jessica.

emperorznb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By emperorznb

I like the team. Not too overpowered at the same time, not that weak. This will make millions of brilliant stories if written correctly. Keep up the good work Marvel :D

Planewalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Planewalker

"- I understand that you want to have one of everything, but telepaths, speedsters, and sorcerers of any real level of power are few and far between. Besides the X-Men hoard telepaths and they never learned to share in kindergarden."

So what about creating new characters, or Marvel writers gone creatively lazy these days, even if no new innovate.

Speedster: you could use Speed from the young Avengers

Magic: use Nico Minoru from runaways

Telepath: the only one I'm rembering now is Rachel Grey; maybe it should be better like creating a new one in the line of Martian Manhunter with illusions and stuff like that, definitely would be cool. Also the team doesn't have a major powerhouse the Red Hulk does not cut it for me

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jhazzroucher

I still wanna know who will really be part of them team. But I'm sure I want Storm and Vision on it. : )

funkyfiction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By funkyfiction

I like the Vision and love that he's back, but I'm just wondering how it'll go with The Vision that's with the Young Avengers, he's like the Vision and Iron Lad all in one, right?? And if he's exactly like the old Vision how will it be with Billy and Tommy who's also with the Young Avengers?

But knowing Bendis and how he usually works, he's probably not thought of these things and probably won't even adress them.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By chiq

I wonder were Storm will side when the Avengers face off against team Extinction...this team needs a couple of gods and aliens in order to compete w/ that monster Extinction team though...Storm is one of most powerful beings on this team, while she's one of the weakest on the E team. the Defenders are pretty stacked too...

kingjoeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By kingjoeg

How can Avenging Spider-man keep going if spider-man isn't on the avengers anymore????

shrmntnk62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By shrmntnk62

Love Hawkeye's new costume. Love that Vision is back. Love that Spiderman and Wolverine are out. Hate that Storm is an avenger now.

uroboros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By uroboros

@thatlad said:

Quake, I've been wondering what happened to her. So they're just binning off the ending of Hickman's excellent secret warriors, where Fury left Daisy with that international peacekeeping force independent of the avengers? Fuck you marvel

Agreed. Give me Hickman's Black Ops heroes back! Secret Warriors was one of the best titles that came out in recent years.

Also what the hell, Iron Man was so rude to Ororo! He Kanye Wested her, "Hey Ororo I'm a let you finish, but Vision is the best new edition to The Avengers ever!" God I wanna smack Tony so much of the time. Also I for one am glad that Spiderman and Wolverine are out..I DON'T NEED TO SEE THEM EVERYWHERE MARVEL! STOP RELYING ON THEM AND START DEVELOPING OTHER CHARACTERS!

@Planewalker said:

So what about creating new characters, or Marvel writers gone creatively lazy these days, even if no new innovate.

won't happen, they're to scared to break up the Young Avengers, it's cult following is intense..I should know..my foot's half in there..and as for Runaways, they aint getting play time any time soon, they've got zero training and while the Young Avengers have embrased a hero lifestyle, spandex and all, the Runaways have to much attitude to fall in line when they need to.

Also why is Hawkeye suddenly wearing something way to similar to his Ultimate-verse counterpart..which coincidentaly is very similar to his film costume.......give him back his purple cowl you sons of bitches!

DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#26  Edited By DMC

aside from Storm (great idea) I still think there are characters more deserving to be on the alpha Avengers team.

Spider-Woman should switch with Ms Marvel and Noh-Var should join the New Avengers.

uroboros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By uroboros

If you want a telepath let's get Moondragon back. She's busy floating around the galaxy not doing much since her psycho girlfriend for fried by Thanos and the Guardians desolved, and she has an Avengers background/history.

maxicere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By maxicere

Well... I don't like Storm on the team but I'm happy that Spiderman and Wolverine are out for the moment. Quake is new for me, I don't have to say for the moment. I'm glad with Vision, Spiderwoman and Hawkeye (my favourite character, quite off his new look. I don't like his "movie style costume")

pspin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 182

#29  Edited By pspin

Hopefully this will make for interesting conflict with the New Avengers, don't know how but I hope it happens.

GothamRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#30  Edited By GothamRed

sorry haven't really been following vision, when did he comeback in full?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#31  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

This is one of the worst line-ups in my opinion. It doesn't even feel like the Avengers.  

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By karrob

@AwesomeAquaman said:

Agreed

Avatar image for halfpastwhenever
    halfpastwhenever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33  Edited By halfpastwhenever

I'm interested to see how Quake does. Isn't she a Bendis created character? She'll probably be leading the team after the first arc :p

jcbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jcbart

I hope they acknowledge that Storm being a part of the world's most popular superhero team could possibly help mutant's now tarnished reputation.

zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#35  Edited By zombietag

is spider-man out of the avengers completely now?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@WarMachineMarkV:

Captain America - No question

Iron Man - No question

Vision - Very weak and lame comeback, if the writers wanted him back on the team so bad at least put some effort into this, otherwise a solid pick if he really is working correctly.

Storm - As Queen of Wakanda with a missing king, and a recently accepted post of #2 with the Utopia based X-Men, she should not be included on the team. There is simply too much on her plate, but Marvel with conveniently ignore this to have another big name in the book. Under different circumstances it would be a great pick.

Red Hulk - Marvel is trying so bad to make anyone care about Red Hulk and Red She Hulk that they put them on the Avengers and Defenders trying to make them relevant. I do not agree that over 20 issues he has now proven himself to anyone, it takes a lot longer than that with his history.

Protector - His presence makes the team a little more well rounded, his powers and skills are diverse and he has knowledge and experience that the team can use.

Quake - So you have a SECRET agent, trained by Nick Fury personally and you do not put her on the SECRET Avengers. I want to hear this one explained.

Hawkeye - Belongs on the New Avengers

Spider Woman - Belongs on the New Avengers

- I understand that you want to have one of everything, but telepaths, speedsters, and sorcerers of any real level of power are few and far between. Besides the X-Men hoard telepaths and they never learned to share in kindergarden.

this pretty much sums up how i feel completely, i'm really concerned there's no telepathic or mystic support on the team too

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jcbart said:

I hope they acknowledge that Storm being a part of the world's most popular superhero team could possibly help mutant's now tarnished reputation.

Me, too. This is a great step for her. I also want Ms. Marvel on the team for added firepower, intelligence and capability. I'd love Photon to return, as well.

AskaniSon295

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AskaniSon295

Since Civil War "The Avengers" has been going downhill and this is no acception The team should have one main book with Captain America,Ironman,Spider-Man & Wolverine and then 3or 4 other heroes to balance them Like (Thor, Iceman, Torch, Storm, Ms.Marvel,Wasp, Rouge). The Avengers before Civil War was the Avengers at their best this is just bad. Noh-Var's outfit looks stupid he look better before.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Planewalker said:

"- I understand that you want to have one of everything, but telepaths, speedsters, and sorcerers of any real level of power are few and far between. Besides the X-Men hoard telepaths and they never learned to share in kindergarden."

Telepath: the only one I'm rembering now is Rachel Grey; maybe it should be better like creating a new one in the line of Martian Manhunter with illusions and stuff like that, definitely would be cool. Also the team doesn't have a major powerhouse the Red Hulk does not cut it for me

- This is the Avengers, not the New Warriors, Nico and Speed are way too young and untrained to be put on the main Avengers team.

- Rachel is an option but while powerful she has shown control issues and bouts of immaturity.

- As for creating a new character, how do you justify the Avengers accepting a new member from out fo the blue that they have no history with?

Avatar image for emperormeister734
    Emperormeister734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 10

I Like the line up too bad for Spider-Man he's still in the FF though and we all know Wolverine has his hands full with his X-Men and his solo missions

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Mutant God

So is Quake replacing Maria Hill

Avatar image for victoriancuckoo
    victoriancuckoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42  Edited By victoriancuckoo
    @AwesomeAquaman for real. And Spiderman.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- Considering the Avengers have been broken up into 3 teams with separate purposes, why do the rosters never match up to the intended purpose?

- Here is my take on the 3 teams purposes:

Avengers - Earth's Mightiest Heroes, the team you just do not want coming after you

New Avengers - The team that deals with lesser but still dangerous threats that do not register on the main teams radar

Secret Avengers - Black Ops style group to proactively handle sensitive missions

- This roster has some power but in comparison of prior teams it is not impressive in any way

- How can you pick Hawkeye, Spider Woman, and Quake (all better suited for either of the other 2 teams) over former Avengers like:

Ms Marvel

Sersi

Pulsar (Monica Rambeau)

She-Hulk

Crystal

Justice

Firestar

- Captain Britain belongs here and not on the Secret Avengers, and there are many more you could choose from that make more sense. There are a lot of disgruntled mutants who would love to get out of the disaster left after Schism and have a chance at being a part of the team.

- Add some of these names and you really have a team that will give someone pause, as it is now none of the rosters make any sense and makes cap's logistical ability rank along with D-Man's.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#44  Edited By owie  Moderator

I thought it was a pretty good team.

They drew Quake to look much older than she is, I would have guessed mid thirties from the drawings, even though they mentioned her being young in the story.

I'm glad Spider-Man and Wolverine are out and are now both on only one Avengers team. Two Avengers teams each was just too crazy. It's still crazy for them to also have a solo and another team book in addition to still being on New Avengers, but at least they cut them from the main Avengers.

I'll be interested in seeing Storm here. She has a very specific, clearly drawn personality and it will be interesting to see her interacting with the other personalities on the team, especially since the X-Men (other than Wolverine) mostly don't interact with the more mainstream heroes. It's a little lame how her powers basically replace Thor's weather powers, but her persona is much different, so that will be good.

I do think the adult/kid Vision issue is sort of odd. I was under the impression (although I'm no expert) that the kid Vision was made of the adult Vision's old parts, so I don't get how that happened. And I agree that Bendis is not exactly the kind of writer who cares about this kind of issue at all, so we will likely never get to see this situation resolved. I mean, this just further complicates the tangled physical/mental web between the WW2 Human Torch, Wonder Man, Vision, and Young Avengers Vision (aka Jonas).

I am not a fan of Hawkeye's movie/ultimate costume. It just seems to businesslike and out of character for him, I like his slightly circus-like costume, it goes back to his Swordsman origins.

I am a bit disappointed that Black Panther isn't on the team. He could go to New Avengers and be with Daredevil, then you'd have one of the best streetlevel teams ever.

But as a hardcore power team, this is a good team. Noh-varr, Vision, Iron Man--a lot of tech competence and firepower. Plus Red Hulk and Storm. They should be able to take on some serious villains. Unfortunately it looks like we're going to get a rehash of Norman Osborne and HAMMER instead, which to my mind are too bureaucratic and boring.

kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#45  Edited By kennybaese

You'd think that Thunderbolt Ross would manage some clothing other than torn up pants.

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

#46  Edited By JonesDeini

@thatlad said:

Pretty much, but hey. It's tights comics. Stories are written to be disregarded, retconned, aped or utterly trod upon. At least more people will get to know Daisy now though.

cmaprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By cmaprice

I'd expected them to dump Logan and Parker. I was shocked they didn't do so for the reason I thought they would, however. I'd figured they'd make a more movie/ EMH based lineup for cross promotion purposes. Even though I'm not all that fond of some of the choices, I think it's great they chose a more unique/unexpected team.

tiocoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48  Edited By tiocoy

glad that the vision is back and i will love to see storm in the avengers

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#49  Edited By EdwardWindsor

Possibly the weakest all round Avengers team ever , No magic , No gods , No telepathy. If this is the team Cable is supposed to be going after he should win.

Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Or35ti

wow That looks like a really solid and interesting team :) I'm really surprised to see Quake on it tho, but it should be interesting to see her shine at moments. I'm glad we'll still get to see more of Red Hulk and Protector

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.