Off My Mind: Has The Marvel Universe Future Been Revealed?

• 127 results
Posted by G-Man (30664 posts) - - Show Bio

Right before Siege was unleashed on the Marvel Universe, we heard that the events unfolding had been in the making for the past seven years. Bendis and Marvel had everything figured out and knew where the 'universe' was headed. Could that be  happening once again? In today's Avengers #5 we just might be getting a glimpse at what is to come. 

If you've been reading Avengers, you know that part of the team is in the future with Future Tony Stark and Maestro. From the image above (click HERE to see a bigger, high-rez version!), we see a timeline that could have the secrets of what is in store for the Marvel Universe. 

Looking carefully at the image, we see several things that have already happened and some interesting bits that just might be coming up. What are the important parts here? 
 == TEASER == 
We see "Heroic Age Begins," "Hope Returns!?" "Three," "Man Without Fear" and "Five Lights" listed on the timeline. Maybe we need an even closer look. 

We can see "What is where Asgard should be?" "What's in the rings" (maybe dealing with Mandarin), something about Iron Lad, "Galactus Seed,"  "Where's Wanda?" "Fear Without Man," "Steve's Vision" (probably from Captain America: Reborn #6), "Ultron War" and "Yesterday's X-Men." There's also a bunch of math scribbling about the whole thing. As a former Mathematics teacher, perhaps I should start working on those. I have a feeling this is going to be one important comic book panel in the months or years to come. 

What do you think about this? Is this some of what we can expect or is it just a bunch of crazy writing from a random alternate future?
Staff
#1 Edited by zandi (2 posts) - - Show Bio

They may just be leading up to the Ultron War as the next big crossover, if you look at the spacing between events, the time-line doesn't take place over very long, and yet 80 years or so in the future we have the Summers Rebellions (maybe), this is probably them leading up to with a "How Hope changes time" story. 

#2 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

wow. that's the exact same thing i wrote all over my wall the last time 
i was sleep walking. spooky.

#3 Posted by Theodore (3445 posts) - - Show Bio

I see Five Lights on there

#4 Posted by Nightshade50 (75 posts) - - Show Bio

I see "Scorched Earth?" as the last thing on there. I am really interested to see someone 'decode' it. I see "Who is worthy?", doesn't tell you much though. I can't wait to see what this means.

#5 Posted by Danial79 (2335 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't know if it's meaningful, but it looks damn cool!

#6 Posted by TheMarvelFanboy (266 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm soooo excited for this isuue to to finally comeout now after hearing about this 'Timeline'...I just hope they'd get somebody else to do the art..I love Salvador Larocca's work Matt Fraction's Iron Man series and the cover he did for Tron: Betrayal was beautiful

#7 Posted by War Killer (19992 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultron War sounds cool! ^_^

#8 Posted by bingbangboom (746 posts) - - Show Bio

When I saw this I thought it was amazing and surprised it hasn't been done before. Just amazing and makes the first few issues really worth it.

#9 Posted by Aspenite (892 posts) - - Show Bio

That looks so damn awesome. I think it is something, although I doubt that the math stuff means anything...just looks way cooler than without it.

#10 Posted by crusader8463 (214 posts) - - Show Bio
@Theodore said:
" I see Five Lights on there "
THERE... ARE... FOUR LIGHTS!  

Sorry, couldn't resist.
#11 Posted by Darthtravis (70 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait to pick up this issue.  I am really enjoying this run so far.  BTW, who is "the King"?  I see "Return of the King" on the timeline.

#12 Posted by ImperiousRix (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

Some of them might be red herrings (just to get you speculating), but a few things like Ultron War, seem like they're quite probable for future story-arcs.

#13 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

"Steve's Vision" from Reborn #6 looked like a blatant "War Of The Worlds" homage with a "What if they won?" twist.
#14 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Woah, more Marvel mega-events plotted by Bendis! What could be better!? 

Anything. Anything could be better.

Though if the Ultron War is Cosmic based that'll be sweet.

#15 Posted by IrishX (2324 posts) - - Show Bio

That is cool.

#16 Posted by zzax (50 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if Rip Hunter is aware that Marvel found his plot foreshadowing device. 

And I agree, Bendis has been heading the Marvel ship too long. It is time for another creative voice,

#17 Posted by Beatrix (65 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the little Punisher skull in one of the equations a the bottom. But i have a problem, surely they've basically found Wanda, subject to rescuing her from a certain big baddy in the Children's Crusade?

#18 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

"Master of Kung Fu" 
SWEET.

#19 Posted by ckal (1097 posts) - - Show Bio

I also see 'Schizm!,' 'Nova Antiquus,' and 'Master of Kung Fu.'

Would be awesome if 'Master of Kung Fu' means that they will give the title to Iron Fist and that would be the start of his new solo series. (Like Man without Fear going from DD to BP)

#20 Posted by ForbushBug (496 posts) - - Show Bio
@zzax said:
" I wonder if Rip Hunter is aware that Marvel found his plot foreshadowing device.  And I agree, Bendis has been heading the Marvel ship too long. It is time for another creative voice, "
Found... shamelessly swiped, to-may-to... to-mah-to.

Soon there will be 52 reasons why Bendis has become a hack.
#21 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio

and I see something there about Iron Lad 
Iron Lad returns? Something like that? 
I love looking at stuff like this 
SCHIZM has me all a tingle 
ooooh what kind of schizm could it be??? 
and the huge THREE? 
maybe the Fantastc Three?????
#22 Edited by Chris2KLee (173 posts) - - Show Bio
@ForbushBug said:

" @zzax said:

" I wonder if Rip Hunter is aware that Marvel found his plot foreshadowing device.  And I agree, Bendis has been heading the Marvel ship too long. It is time for another creative voice, "
Found... shamelessly swiped, to-may-to... to-mah-to.  Soon there will be 52 reasons why Bendis has become a hack. "
You write a billion books a month, sooner or later you are gonna have to start ganking stuff from people. I hope this is something that, if it is a long term plan, stays mostly in the Avengers, or even just in this Avengers book. I am really getting burnt out on super large mysteries in comics, not to mention big crossover events in general.
#23 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14402 posts) - - Show Bio

The diagram on the right is a worm hole diagram mapped into 3d,  or something very simular since seen that image before iam sure of it.

#24 Posted by countvontrey (419 posts) - - Show Bio

I bet some are major red herrings, but I bet more than you think are legit. That way years later when you read this issue, you can laugh a the stuff that did, and didn't, come to pass.

#25 Edited by A-Strondinaire (370 posts) - - Show Bio

Just what I have stated before where the hell is ms."i know stuff" Miller now? and fans don't try to give me some she can't see that far speech because it's bull she lived through it she knows something

#26 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

their  is also "who is worthy" maybe some thing dealing with Thor or his hammer

#27 Posted by weapon154 (339 posts) - - Show Bio

HOLY CRAP! HOLY GOSH.... My why???? That's good and bad.

#28 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedK:
I also heard that someone new was going to weild Thunderstrike soon
#29 Posted by Jordanstine (907 posts) - - Show Bio
"Return of the King"

Thanos is he a king? 

Black Panther
maybe? 

Or is it the Kingpin

Daredevil returns... the king of Hell's Kitchen?
#30 Posted by ARTIMUS WALKSTRANGE (31 posts) - - Show Bio

Academy Traitor. 
Return of the King.
Night Falls.
Kang's Forces. 

#31 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

This isn't Rip Hunter's Blackboard..

#32 Posted by Lvenger (18429 posts) - - Show Bio

Rip Hunter's chalk board anyone? Just as DC had major Marvel envy with Galactus, it turns out Marvel aren't that perfect either. As for that storyboard, looks interesting. I hope most of them aren't red herrings.

#33 Posted by Rowen545 (378 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like Kang is going to start something big

#34 Posted by Crymsun (123 posts) - - Show Bio

Did Rip Hunter write this timeline?   I know both companies take ideas from each other.. but geez.  Sometimes it's so obvious it's annoying. 

Bendis failed on this one.
#35 Posted by spiderguylll (620 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought we already saw Steve's Vision in  Avengers #4

#36 Posted by spiderguylll (620 posts) - - Show Bio

"Yesterday's X-Men." Sounds F#$king EPIC

#37 Posted by thebluephoenix (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow! That sounds exciting.

#38 Posted by Golden Cod (412 posts) - - Show Bio

Dear Marvel, copying ideas is par for course but copying without putting your own spin on the idea is pathetically shameless.   

Why not put some creative juice into that concept by showing the branching potential of history or add different sorts of mystery by having parts of the drawing missing or implying that there have been multiple authors overwriting each others' messages?  

#39 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio

"Academy Traitor" huh? 
interesting
#40 Edited by Metatron_Da_Don (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

I Spy:
  - Drumm of Revenge? Doctor Voodoo story arc? theres Ogun/he did lose his brothers spirit and is seen brooding? maybe he goes evil?
-nova antiquus ?
-master of kung fu (I Fist power ipgrade?) , return of the king, 
-above Five Lights if u zoom in Stark Resilient  arc
-All ???? in Doom?
-Scorched Earth? in the corner

#41 Posted by DMC (1550 posts) - - Show Bio

HA! 
Maybe IGN should have waited a bit longer before complaining that they  "Want their events back"
(here's your "spine") 

Whatever big event their leading up to, I just hope Bendis isn't the only one spearheading it, or writing it. After Seige, I've grown weary of his events. 

Too bad they could't have thrown this pic in the back of the book (Hickman style ^_^) so we could get a better view.

#42 Posted by MSBoyd23 (112 posts) - - Show Bio

Why can't I find a board that big to write on? Jealous. :(

#43 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think these are planned. Probably just titles that they'll use to come up with storylines later, if they feel like it anyway. With time travel there's always the excuse that what they're doing now changes what was going to happen.

#44 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:
"I don't think these are planned. Probably just titles that they'll use to come up with storylines later, if they feel like it anyway. With time travel there's always the excuse that what they're doing now changes what was going to happen."

Ooo, good call. Didn't think of that. 

#45 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio
@DMC said:
"HA! 
Maybe IGN should have waited a bit longer before complaining that they  "Want their events back" (here's your "spine")  Whatever big event their leading up to, I just hope Bendis isn't the only one spearheading it, or writing it. After Seige, I've grown weary of his events.   Too bad they could't have thrown this pic in the back of the book (Hickman style ^_^) so we could get a better view. "

I just read that article. What a bunch of hypocrites. They were ALWAYS complaining about events before.
#46 Posted by Metatron_Da_Don (1037 posts) - - Show Bio
@ckal said:

" I also see 'Schizm!,' 'Nova Antiquus,' and 'Master of Kung Fu.'  Would be awesome if 'Master of Kung Fu' means that they will give the title to Iron Fist and that would be the start of his new solo series. (Like Man without Fear going from DD to BP) "

Nova antiquus= old star in latin, or Old Nova
maybe the Nova Corps r coming back
#47 Posted by Darkmount1 (1270 posts) - - Show Bio
@zzax:
Yeah, I kinda noticed that similarity to Rip's chalkboards in "52". Seriously though, I would like that future to be a bit more brighter (bring back Cable and Nightcrawler, you dips! AND NO MORE KILLINGS!!)
#48 Posted by leokearon (1763 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultron War sounds interesting, no mention of the Reckoning War is there?
#49 Edited by -Vigil- (380 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's not forget the "999" connected to "Who is worthy?". Also, I'm pretty dang sure "3(skull)ION" = Triskelion. Makes sense, no? 

I also see "ALL HOPE LIES IN DOOM!". Doctor Doom, I imagine.  

#50 Posted by ckal (1097 posts) - - Show Bio
@Metatron_Da_Don said:
" @ckal said:

" I also see 'Schizm!,' 'Nova Antiquus,' and 'Master of Kung Fu.'  Would be awesome if 'Master of Kung Fu' means that they will give the title to Iron Fist and that would be the start of his new solo series. (Like Man without Fear going from DD to BP) "

Nova antiquus= old star in latin, or Old Nova maybe the Nova Corps r coming back "
That's cool, I did not know that. Would love to see some more Nova, he's one of my favorite characters. Get Abnett and Lanning to write it too!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.