Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7703 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Now that some X-Men are now Avengers, will the Avengers fight X-M

robin623

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By robin623

Now that some X-Men are now Avengers, will the Avengers fight X-Men villains? It might be interesting to see the Avengers fight Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister, Shadow King, etc. Really if Apocalypse's goals involve world conquest, shouldn't the Avengers have just as much stake in foiling him as the X-Men do?

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, they will just fight each other again over some other underexplained BS

fesak2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By fesak2

Avalance is in Uncanny Avengers #1

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4  Edited By lorex

The Avengers have been stealing ideas frim the X-Men for years. They have use plot ideas and X-Men to prop up the Avengers when they were not this giant movie frnchise they are today and were a distant second to X-Men team popularity at Marvel. Its only a small step for X-Men villians to start being used in Avenger story lines.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PassionFlower

Apocalypse definitely makes sense. Certainly for the UA's.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Cutter

As much as I hate to see the AVX...I wouldn't be surprise if they fight against each other...again. I rather them not. The reason is that you wouldn't want to see two different team, who are actually heroes, fighting for over some BS. Let's bring some villains in and make it look like the heroes against the villains. Heroes against heroes really gotta go.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lorex: I always knew X-fans had a bloated ego never dreamed it would come true. All the same your ignorance is typical and should be shunned like a plague. Why don't you go back to the X-forums to complain how you have to suffer through Bendis's crap.

Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As several Avengers are also mutants(in addition to being former X-Men, Sunfire, Wolverine, Rogue) such as Firestar, Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch, it's surprising that the Avengers don't fight more X-Men villains such as the Sentinels, Magneto the Brood and the Brotherhood Of Evil Mutants!

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As several Avengers are also mutants(in addition to being former X-Men, Sunfire, Wolverine, Rogue) such as Firestar, Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch, it's surprising that the Avengers don't fight more X-Men villains such as the Sentinels, Magneto the Brood and the Brotherhood Of Evil Mutants!

They have fought X-men villains just not regularly. They fought Mystiques Brotherhood, Sentinels, Exodus, Magneto and the Acolytes.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Sunfire was never really an X-man in 616 continuity, but yeah, good point.

They have fought X-men villains just not regularly. They fought Mystiques Brotherhood, Sentinels, Exodus, Magneto and the Acolytes.

And I think Onslaught and the Apocalypse Twins should count.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tigerkaya

@paracelsus said:

Sunfire was never really an X-man in 616 continuity, but yeah, good point.

@tigerkaya said:

And I think Onslaught and the Apocalypse Twins should count.

Yes true. But I don't acknowledge bad events and titles that force two teams to put up a fake facade of unity.

Lightblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lightblaze

I don't like the fact that Marvel's mixing characters just for the hell of it. I think adding X-M to the A team was the most absurd they could have ever done. Now X-M is held up as an object of ridicule. I hope this won't portray on a film because when you realize how ridiculous these scenarios are, you will have to laugh.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightblaze: Agreed it is one of the worst ideas Marvel conceived next to Superior Spider-Man and Heroes Reborn.

Lightblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightblaze: Agreed it is one of the worst ideas Marvel conceived next to Superior Spider-Man and Heroes Reborn.

Absolutely. I was never happy with this.

PurePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PurePower

I don't know about you ppl but I like the Avengers just like I like the Xmen. Seeing these 2 teams merging in one was actually a good way for fans who like them both IMO. I was happy to see this but not too happy to see Rogue go. Sadly she die. That's so lame, I really hate writers killing characters just to give impression to other characters. I thought that was wack.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.