Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7704 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

nominate an Avenger

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By boschePG

With the recent expansion in roster members, could you nominate any new person(s) for Avenger membership? (Please no X-Men) ...actually let me spice it up. Something has taken out all the Avengers. Stark and SHIELD made a contingency plan if such a scenario took place so the new team would have to defeat what no one hero could stand alone, carry on the Avenger name, and rescue all the missing Avengers. So far te team is

Blue Marvel

Songbird

Blade

Sharon Ventura (She-Thing)

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#2  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    Blue Marvel
    Blue Marvel
    Songbird
    Songbird
    Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Veshark
    Moon Knight
    Moon Knight
    boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By boschePG

Moon Knight has been an Avenger twice ...both in West Coast Avengers and Secret Avengers

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Veshark

@boschePG said:

Moon Knight has been an Avenger twice ...both in West Coast Avengers and Secret Avengers

Oh you meant new as in never been in the team's history before? I thought you meant heroes who aren't in the present roster.

My bad, then.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By SoA

its kind of a winding list now

1.black bolt- by extension the other inhumans

2.deadpool(lol)

3.sue richards

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By boschePG

Sue Richards became an Avenger with Reed during the inferno saga. They didnt last too long and actually I thought that team to be really weird with Cap. Gligamesl, Thor and Mr F and Sue

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Veshark

@SoA said:

its kind of a winding list now

1.black bolt- by extension the other inhumans

2.deadpool(lol)

3.sue richards

Sue Richards had a short stint in the Avengers before. So has Crystal, I think.

Winding list indeed!

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By JohnnyGat

I don't know Blade maybe. My Marvel knowledge outside X-men is pretty limited.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By SoA

@Veshark: didn't know about sue , knew crystal was , i meant karnak, triton, medusa, and gorgon

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By boschePG

which Inhuman would you nominate? All are valid bu I doubt Medussa would just loan out the entire Royal family and leave Attila vulnerable

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By judasnixon
    No Caption Provided
    Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By Cap10nate

I really enjoyed Songbird as an Avenger in Busiek's Avengers Forever. I would like to see her as one again.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#14  Edited By Teerack
    FF #8 Steve Epting
    FF #8 Steve Epting
    Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By Vortex13

Hercules.

Warpath.

Cloak.

Dagger.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@Vortex13 said:

Hercules.

Warpath.

Cloak.

Dagger.

Hercules was an Avenger before.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

Why isn't Blue Marvel on the Avengers as of yet?

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By Backflip

Blue Marvel

Songbird

Makkari

Snowbird

Gravity

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @King-Stranglehold da first said:
    Why isn't Blue Marvel on the Avengers as of yet?
    Because Marvel forgot about him... v__v
    Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Backflip

@War Killer: Which in itself is beyond stupid. He could easily have filled the gap that Sentry left/Hyperion took up.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Backflip said:

@War Killer: Which in itself is beyond stupid. He could easily have filled the gap that Sentry left/Hyperion took up.

Exactly what I was thinking, he should have been included in the current Avengers roster instead of Hyperion. He's just as smart and is strong enough to take on Sentry and defeat of version of Hyperion.

I think Marvel just doesn't know what to do with him, which is sad because he was a great character and has plenty of potential.
    dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By dangallant984

@Backflip said:

I get the feeling they went with Hyperion because they have something particular in mind for him, as they don't really need his power-set on the current team.

I'd like to see Blue Marvel on the Avengers, but with Thor, Captain Marvel, Hyperion, Hulk, Smasher, Captain friggin' Universe, and Cannonball (who's been shown to single-handedly beat Gladiator), they're pretty much verging on overkill already..

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#23  Edited By Teerack
    No Caption Provided

I've wanted her to be an Avenger ever sense her role in House of M.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By dangallant984

@Teerack said:

No Caption Provided

I've wanted he to be an Avenger ever sense her role in House of M.

I love that idea!

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Backflip

@dangallant984: Oh yeah definitely got something major planned with Hyperion considering how much Hickman has plugged him. His connection to an alternate reality is probably gonna get explored in connection with the White Event perhaps?

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By dangallant984

@Backflip: seems likely, but hopefully even something beyond that. Having (basically) Superman on the Avengers has too much potential to waste on just one story, methinks..

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @dangallant984 said:

@Backflip said:

I get the feeling they went with Hyperion because they have something particular in mind for him, as they don't really need his power-set on the current team.

I'd like to see Blue Marvel on the Avengers, but with Thor, Captain Marvel, Hyperion, Hulk, Smasher, Captain friggin' Universe, and Cannonball (who's been shown to single-handedly beat Gladiator), they're pretty much verging on overkill already..

I'm kinda warming up to Smasher, I really don't see why Hyperion is on the team as, like you said, they already have Thor and Ms. Marvel; Captain Universe, while I feel she's too overpowered to be on the team, it seems she has a key role within the storyline so I can understand why she's there, but Cannonball and Sunspot have no reason being on this team; all they do is hit on the girls on the team or try to get glory out of being an Avenger and I really don't care for them being on the team. The only reason they're there is to make it seem like Avengers are welcoming more Mutants into their roster other than having just Wolverine there all the time, but overall I don't see what purpose they serve being on this team. But hey, that's just me.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
     Kitty Pryde
     Kitty Pryde
     Colossus
     Colossus
    dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By dangallant984

@War Killer said:

I'm kinda warming up to Smasher, I really don't see why Hyperion is on the team as, like you said, they already have Thor and Ms. Marvel; Captain Universe, while I feel she's too overpowered to be on the team, it seems she has a key role within the storyline so I can understand why she's there, but Cannonball and Sunspot have no reason being on this team; all they do is hit on the girls on the team or try to get glory out of being an Avenger and I really don't care for them being on the team. The only reason they're there is to make it seem like Avengers are welcoming more Mutants into their roster other than having just Wolverine there all the time, but overall I don't see what purpose they serve being on this team. But hey, that's just me.

well, like I said about Hyperion, I get the feeling that they have a part to play. I doubt it will be as big a part as whatever his plans for Hyperion are (since, as you say, his powers alone are mostly redundant on this team), but I'm an old fan of Sam and Bobby, and glad to see them move up in the world, so I'm fine to wait and see.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

as for these two, well, yeah, I kinda would love to see either them join the Avengers, or any team together, but considering Colossus is now a wanted criminal and self-proclaimed enemy of the state, and Kitty's basically in charge of Wolverine's school (as well as joining Storm's team?), I'm thinking maybe the timing isn't quite right. Would be cool someday, though.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@dangallant984 said:

@War Killer said:

well, like I said about Hyperion, I get the feeling that they have a part to play. I doubt it will be as big a part as whatever his plans for Hyperion are (since, as you say, his powers alone are mostly redundant on this team), but I'm an old fan of Sam and Bobby, and glad to see them move up in the world, so I'm fine to wait and see.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

as for these two, well, yeah, I kinda would love to see either them join the Avengers, or any team together, but considering Colossus is now a wanted criminal and self-proclaimed enemy of the state, and Kitty's basically in charge of Wolverine's school (as well as joining Storm's team?), I'm thinking maybe the timing isn't quite right. Would be cool someday, though.

I don't think the OP is basing this off of current events in the comics, but I did forget that they can't be X-Men. Either way, I still think these two would make great Avengers, especially Kitty.

Though I still don't understand why X-Men can't be on the team...? O_o

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By dangallant984

@War Killer said:

I don't think the OP is basing this off of current events in the comics, but I did forget that they can't be X-Men. Either way, I still think these two would make great Avengers, especially Kitty.

Though I still don't understand why X-Men can't be on the team...? O_o

I remembered. It's why I didn't nominate

No Caption Provided

..not nominating M, just sayin'..

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#32  Edited By THORSON

Odin.

let him get off his ass for once.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.