No Nathan Fillion for Avengers 2

#1 Posted by Tyrus (1095 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

With a current TV show and his sci-fi community cred I don't think his Q score is the issue. Best guess is that the role of Pym was pretty much a glorified cameo and he just chose not to do it. From all I have read he and Whedon are pretty good friends, if Joss really wanted him involved I think he would do it.

#3 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

Aww man. Nathan Fillion would've been a great Pym. :( He definitely plays the quirkiness right in Firefly/Serenity and in Slither.

#4 Posted by k4tzm4n (40219 posts) - - Show Bio

Misleading title is misleading.  All he's saying is he doesn't believe he'd be a good pick for a movie as big as Marvel's The Avengers 2, he's not saying he's not in it.  I'm sure if Whedon approached him with a role of any kind he'd happily take it.  As for how great those odds are... well, none of us know since we're not friends with them :P

Staff
#5 Edited by CrimsonCake (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

How facetious.

#6 Posted by TheCommissar (143 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd personally prefer to see him in Guardians of the Galaxy as Star Lord, anyway.

#7 Posted by danhimself (22490 posts) - - Show Bio

Whedon loves putting people he's worked with before in newer projects...we did see Enver Gjokaj who played Victor in Dollhouse in the Avengers...even if it was just a cameo...so I'd say that if Whedon has his way then he'd get Fillion in a Marvel movie

#8 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't understand. Was he expected to be in Avengers 2?

#9 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

I don't understand. Was he expected to be in Avengers 2?

I don't even know. Maybe a janitor?

#10 Posted by Tyrus (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam: Maybe a space ranger :/

#11 Posted by _Zombie_ (10394 posts) - - Show Bio

Fillion himself said he didn't want to play Ant-Man. Plus, the guy's busy with Castle.

#12 Posted by Tyrus (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZombieBigfoot: Uh, yeah I know - that's why I posted this...

#13 Posted by _Zombie_ (10394 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tyrus: Misread the article thingy when I posted it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.