New Character Question

#1 Posted by xfactor26 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Since Ant-man is coming out the fall after Avengers 2, will they introduce Ant-man and the Wasp in Avengers, or wait until Ant-man comes out before introducing them?

Also, if they are introduced in the Avengers, will it be more brief so to leave room for the upcoming movie, or will they be the new heroes to join the team in Avengers 2?

#2 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

First off, I think Wasp will make her official first appearance in Iron Man 3. Then, she and Ant-Man (whether it's Pym or Lang, I don't know) will be introduced in Avengers 2, so the transition to Ant-Man will be a smooth one for both the progression of the MCU, and the general audience who doesn't know anything about the characters.

As far as how much they'll be involved in Avengers 2, if they do make their appearance there, I think it'll be brief enough to make room for the main Avengers, but just cool enough for the people to look forward to their standalone film (assuming Wasp will be involved).

#3 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6474 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

First off, I think Wasp will make her official first appearance in Iron Man 3. Then, she and Ant-Man (whether it's Pym or Lang, I don't know) will be introduced in Avengers 2, so the transition to Ant-Man will be a smooth one for both the progression of the MCU, and the general audience who doesn't know anything about the characters.

As far as how much they'll be involved in Avengers 2, if they do make their appearance there, I think it'll be brief enough to make room for the main Avengers, but just cool enough for the people to look forward to their standalone film (assuming Wasp will be involved).

From what I've heard, the Ant-Man film will be set in the past with Hank Pym, and in the present with Scott Lang, so it seems that if there's to be an Ant-Man joining The Avengers, it'll be Scott Lang.

#4 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: I've heard the same thing, but the script has also undergone a vast amount of changes. Like, if Pym was a superhero in the past, where was he when the Chitauri invaded, ya know? If he wasn't Ant-Man at the time, why wasn't he working on the Cosmic Cube with SHIELD? Personally, I think it'll be Pym that's introduced first in Avengers, and then he'll get the suit stolen from him by Lang in the Ant-Man movie. Just a hunch though.

#5 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6474 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: Hmm. I wonder how closely the films will follow the comics though. They may just disregard a lot of stuff to make it easier to make films.

I'm guessing Ultron will turn up in something eventually if Hank Pym's involved. Maybe the villain in Avengers 3?

#6 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: Well they have been doing pretty well so far, as far as following the books (Iron Man's origin, Loki being the first Avengers villain, etc.), so I have faith that they'll both be involved in one way or another. Edgar Wright seems to be pretty passionate about Ant-Man in general, so I'm not sure that he'd stray too far from the source material. We'll see about that soon enough, though.

As far as Ultron is concerned, I wrote an article on my website about how I think he'll turn up in the MCU later on. Feel free to read it!

http://www.trashmutant.com/rcs-predictions-on-avengers-2-3-and-beyond.html

#7 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6474 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, you've got it all planned out. :)

Very thorough and detailed in your predictions, I reckon you'll be right about at least a few.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.