Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7702 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

New Captain America

Mink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Mink

is appearing in issue #34. and its not steve rogers. on top of that, he uses a gun and a knife. Does anyone else see the problem here?

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By warlock360

ehrm.... no shield?^^

Kraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Kraven

I've heard that it is Steve Rogers but from a different timeline...not sure if that's true.

The WWII era Cap originally had a handgun. Alex Ross designed the new look and he based it on some of the character's past features, including the gun.

Mink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mink

I guess. I just cant see cap with a gun. To me, he was the "rather knock you out then kill you" type. And yea he still has his sheild. But i just dont like cap with a gun. It dissapoints me. And if it is Steve Rogers from another timeline, that would be cool too. I just dont think they gave Steve the death he deserved. He's been one of the greatest heroes around for like sisty years, and they just killed him off. He didnt die in a raging battle for justice, he was just gunned down.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Nighthunter

Mink says:

"I guess. I just cant see cap with a gun. To me, he was the "rather knock you out then kill you" type. And yea he still has his sheild. But i just dont like cap with a gun. It dissapoints me. And if it is Steve Rogers from another timeline, that would be cool too. I just dont think they gave Steve the death he deserved. He's been one of the greatest heroes around for like sisty years, and they just killed him off. He didnt die in a raging battle for justice, he was just gunned down."

it isn't steve rogers, marvel has stated it, he probably is WS because:

A)He is the logical option

B)I can't see anyone else being cap, except falcon but this guy is white

C)He doesn't care to use guns

D)New Cap and WS have the same pants lol

I think that while the death wasn't so let's say "Incredible", they did give him the respect he deserved with the fallen son mini-series and he is remembered anywhere

the only funny thing is that his book is better without him lol

Mink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mink

Nightwingprodigalson says:

"Mink says:
    "I guess. I just cant see cap with a gun. To me, he was the "rather knock you out then kill you" type. And yea he still has his sheild. But i just dont like cap with a gun. It dissapoints me. And if it is Steve Rogers from another timeline, that would be cool too. I just dont think they gave Steve the death he deserved. He's been one of the greatest heroes around for like sisty years, and they just killed him off. He didnt die in a raging battle for justice, he was just gunned down."
    it isn't steve rogers, marvel has stated it, he probably is WS because: A)He is the logical option B)I can't see anyone else being cap, except falcon but this guy is white C)He doesn't care to use guns D)New Cap and WS have the same pants lol I think that while the death wasn't so let's say "Incredible", they did give him the respect he deserved with the fallen son mini-series and he is remembered anywhere the only funny thing is that his book is better without him lol"

lol ouch... so You think Winter Soldier? I heard rumors of it being Punisher.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nighthunter

Mink says:

"Nightwingprodigalson says:
    "Mink says:
    it isn't steve rogers, marvel has stated it, he probably is WS because: A)He is the logical option B)I can't see anyone else being cap, except falcon but this guy is white C)He doesn't care to use guns D)New Cap and WS have the same pants lol I think that while the death wasn't so let's say "Incredible", they did give him the respect he deserved with the fallen son mini-series and he is remembered anywhere the only funny thing is that his book is better without him lol"

lol ouch... so You think Winter Soldier? I heard rumors of it being Punisher."

punisher already has a costume very similar to captain america so there wouldn't be a real change.

Avatar image for the_iron_cavalier
    The Iron Cavalier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By The Iron Cavalier

Mink says:

"I heard rumors of it being Punisher."

Punisher "was" a Cap-like figure for a few months of War Journal. He began wearing a more Cap-like costume, and did more Cap-like jobs, like.... something NOT having to do with the mafia. It was a cool run, but everyone knew it couldn't last

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#9  Edited By gmanfromheck

Punisher knew it wasn't for him. He gave the costume to Winter Soldier. He even gave him a hint to where he kept Cap's mask that he picked up at the end of Civil War. He told him it was up to him what he did with the stuff. Winter Soldier does have Cap's shield, although he's about to be taken into custody of SHIELD. So maybe Tony Stark will show him the letter Steve wrote before he died and make him an offer. I just don't know if it will be him. Look at the chin of "new" Cap.

About the gun, Steve Rogers did join the army. A gun isn't really a foreign concept. He just doesn't need one since he can take out a person with his hands.

The Cap from the alternate timeline is Alex Ross' Invaders crossover that's coming out. It should be an interesting read to see the characters (like Namor) see how their future has changed.

Mink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mink

so theres an alternate reality where steve rogers is alive? gonna have to check it out...

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gmanfromheck

I'm sure there's a ton of "alternate realities." The Return is the Invaders from the past. Whether it's the regular Marvel past or another is to be seen.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Nighthunter

G-Man says:

"I'm sure there's a ton of "alternate realities." The Return is the Invaders from the past. Whether it's the regular Marvel past or another is to be seen. "

the captain america that appeared in the mini-series/avengers is from another reality?

I didn't read the comic, just curious

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By gmanfromheck
    gambit_1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By gambit_1972

I think it would be insane to have The Punisher replace Captain America,The two are completley differnt in terms of their ethics.Frank has killed thousands and while im not big Cap fan the only person i know of that has killed was Baron Blood,decapitating a vampire is much differnt than killing mob henchmen and the like.No one can replace Steve Rogers as Cap...to do so would be an insult to the character.Just as its an insult to the punisher to dress him up as Cap.

Ronin Ashcroft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ronin Ashcroft

I agree that it is prolly Winter Soldier and is the only good option to me. Also Cap is a soldier and they use guns, so did he in the begining and the day in comics is a bit more real. Cap never said he didn't do guns any way.

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Resonate

Warlock360 says:

"ehrm.... no shield?^^"

lol

Green Flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By Green Flash

He said on Colbert that its Bucky. Colbert was devastated.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.