Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7703 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

New Avengers Scraping Bottom.

tylertothemax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just finished New Avengers Vol 3.
    Gosh, this was completely terrible. Obsourne escapes from jail. Again. Osbourne creates another group of avengers. Again.
    Seriously, this is the best that Bendis has to offer?
    And I don't understand why the public just lets Osbourne do whatever he wants, or why the police/government doesn't care what he does.
    "Osbourne escaped from jail again? Who cares, lets catch the Avengers."

If it wasn't for Luke Cage/Jessica, i would have stopped reading this a long time ago.
    You would think with badasses like DD, Wolv, Iron Fist, Cage, and Thing that the story couldn't get any better, but instead they get beat by ragtag villains at every corner, letting problems land in their lap, complaining the entire time. I won't even start on how bad they make Dr. Stange look.
    Aside from Cage and Spidey, most of these Avengers are so uncharacteristically portrayed.
    Wolvs needs to peace out of there asap. Heck, i'm about to peace out of the New Avengers asap.
    Haven't read AvX yet, but hopefully it's a lot better.

Spawn92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Start reading the Marvel NOW New Avengers... it should make all of your troubles go away.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just finished New Avengers Vol 3.

Gosh, this was completely terrible. Obsourne escapes from jail. Again. Osbourne creates

another

group of avengers. Again.

Seriously, this is the best that Bendis has to offer?

And I don't understand why the public just lets Osbourne do whatever he wants, or why the police/government doesn't care what he does.

"Osbourne escaped from jail again? Who cares, lets catch the Avengers."

If it wasn't for Luke Cage/Jessica, i would have stopped reading this a long time ago.

You would think with badasses like DD, Wolv, Iron Fist, Cage, and Thing that the story couldn't get any better, but instead they get beat by ragtag villains at every corner, letting problems land in their lap, complaining the entire time. I won't even start on how bad they make Dr. Stange look.

Aside from Cage and Spidey, most of these Avengers are so uncharacteristically portrayed.

Wolvs needs to peace out of there asap. Heck, i'm about to peace out of the New Avengers asap.

Haven't read AvX yet, but hopefully it's a lot better.

No it doesn't

tylertothemax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spawn92: best avengers roster out there atm?

tylertothemax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tylertothemax: I meant that the story from A vs X doesn't get any better.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@spawn92 said:

Start reading the Marvel NOW New Avengers... it should make all of your troubles go away.

this

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I went into this thread completely ready to defend Hickman's Illuminati.

Why'd you have to go ruin the fun :P

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@veshark said:

haha! I did the same thing a few days ago. I guess everyone's into the current New Avengers.

It's too bad his actual Avengers book is so lukewarm.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Veshark

@oldnightcrawler

Agreed. I enjoyed the first Garden arc for the Avengers, but I'm hoping it pays off soon.

New Avengers has been an awesome ride, though. The stakes keep pumping with every issue.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@veshark: yeah, I really thought that after the first arc we'd get to see some character interaction between the members of this controversially huge team, but it feels like we've hardly seen any of that.

I do like how epic everything feels, but, like you say, it seems like he's doing a much better job of that in New Avengers.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
    SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

They do need to pull back on the captain america and iron man in everything.. let the new group in Avengers run things and take care of things on their own.. let cap and iron spend their time in their own books and in New Avengers.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They do need to pull back on the captain america and iron man in everything.. let the new group in Avengers run things and take care of things on their own.. let cap and iron spend their time in their own books and in New Avengers.

Cap' isn't in New Avengers anymore, but he is in Uncanny Avengers, so, yeah, I like him on that team enough for him not to be a main character in Avengers too.

And I totally agree that it would be better to see some of the less used characters on the team take the lead in Avengers. Last issues focus on Shang Chi, Captain Marvel, Cannonball and Sunspot was a good start, but it would also be nice to see these characters interact more. And I really want to see some more Falcon! Yeah!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#14 vance_astro  Moderator
    @veshark said:

Same here.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
    SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I feel ya, Hyperion has always been my favorite comic character but since getting his name into the Avenger Line-up he has really just hovered in the background looking cool, but really hasn't done a whole lot... even in his origin issue. I hope he gets an upgrade along with many of the other newbies.

I'm just always confused when comic companies add characters to a group then just use the old members. This could be such a fresh title if they'd only let it be.

tylertothemax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: @veshark: Haha I read Bendis's Illuminati. Haven't read Hickmans. I've been trying to just ride this New Avengers roller coaster, but it looks like im going to have to switch to Marvel Now.

tylertothemax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremehyperion: Yeah, i've been thinking the same thing. Reading the New Avengers I feel really lost from whats been going on outside of the New Avengers. I wish i knew what was going on in the big scheme of things. The New Avengers are currently chicken with their head's cut off. (I'm on Volume 3, right after Skaar shit on Osbournes "New Dark Avengers")
    But they have like the most epic line-up ever; Iron Man and Cap really aren't needed. Just let me know what's going on, Bendis.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: @veshark: Haha I read Bendis's Illuminati. Haven't read Hickmans. I've been trying to just ride this New Avengers roller coaster, but it looks like im going to have to switch to Marvel Now.

Yeah, I've read Bendis' as well. To be frank, Hickman does the concept a lot better, you should check it out when it's released in trade.

tylertothemax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: I'm probably as casual of a reader as you can get, without being completely emerged in the Marvel Universe. So half the time i don't exactly know what's out there, but if this touches on the topic similar to Bendis's then ill definitely pick it up.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tylertothemax

Oh yeah, I absolutely recommend it. The concept is essentially the same from Bendis', but Hickman takes it to a whole other level by making it an apocalyptic book. The Illuminati in Hickman's doesn't have the more 'traditional superhero' feel of the Bendis one, he actually makes it feel like the most powerful men of the Marvel Universe coming together.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.