New Additions to the Avengers

#1 Posted by Enigmatri (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Just wondering who you guys think might pop-up in the next Avengers film set to come out in 2014. And a reason why if you want. 
I, for one, think that the wolverine film set to come out next year (I think) might link him to the Avengers maybe. Possibly Ant-man, Wasp and Black Panther? 
What do you guys think?

#2 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully Luke Cage, It'd be quite easy for them to fit him into the film.

#3 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@htb106: god no!! there are soo many other deserving characters. plus luke cage isnt that much of an avenger to me. i dont see why people give him so many props. he hasnt done anything note worthy.

#4 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke Cage and Ms. Marvel.

#5 Posted by Deranged Midget (17598 posts) - - Show Bio

Give me Ant-man and Black Panther and that'd suffice.

#6 Posted by BigBDawg (256 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther would be pretty sweet, as would Mockingbird (just have her as an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. like Hawkeye and Black Widow are!), Ms. Marvel, and Quake.

#7 Posted by danhimself (21901 posts) - - Show Bio

@Enigmatri said:

Just wondering who you guys think might pop-up in the next Avengers film set to come out in 2014. And a reason why if you want. I, for one, think that the wolverine film set to come out next year (I think) might link him to the Avengers maybe. Possibly Ant-man, Wasp and Black Panther? What do you guys think?

Wolverine is a Fox movie property and while it's a Fox movie property it can't tie into the Avengers at all

#8 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

Antman and wasp

#9 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Ant-Man

#10 Posted by Acestar101 (47 posts) - - Show Bio

Vision!!!! definitely not ant man or wasp! ms marvel and mockingbird would be really easy, just make them agents of SHIELD and you could have Vison be a joint project between SHIELD, selvig, stark and banner and make him have Coulsen's brain patterns!!!!! thoughts? maybe have hank pym as a scientist and keep him open for avengers 3

#11 Posted by Enigmatri (28 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:

@Enigmatri said:

Just wondering who you guys think might pop-up in the next Avengers film set to come out in 2014. And a reason why if you want. I, for one, think that the wolverine film set to come out next year (I think) might link him to the Avengers maybe. Possibly Ant-man, Wasp and Black Panther? What do you guys think?

Wolverine is a Fox movie property and while it's a Fox movie property it can't tie into the Avengers at all

Well that sucks, I consider Hugh Jackman to be a brilliant Wolverine, wouldn't want to see anyone else taking that role. Love to see Black Panther though, his great. Thor 2 and Iron Man 3 come out next year, I think. Can't see anyone else from Asgard to join the Avengers, while in Iron Man 3 there might be a possibility that Rhodey might make up a second Iron man in the Avengers team.
#12 Posted by Acestar101 (47 posts) - - Show Bio

i think black panther needs and deserves a movie to himself before the avengers. hes not a character you can just drop into the film, unlike ms marvel, mockingbird and vision

#13 Posted by Dernman (13982 posts) - - Show Bio

Hank Pym so he can be both Ant Man and Gaint Man.  
Wasp would be good also. 
Ms Marvel not sure on how that would work though. With power lvls they would have to limit her like they did to Hulk and Thor and flying they kinda been vague about that. 

What about Vision?

#14 Posted by MadRooster81 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the idea of Ant Man and Wasp for the next Avengers film. They could really play the identity crisis with Hank Pym over the next two Avengers movies. But I'm not really sure they need to add anyone. It's already a huge cast and I'm worried that by adding more characters the movie could get away from them and not give each character their due.

#15 Posted by War Killer (19481 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm hoping Ms./Captain Marvel will be in the next Avengers movie, depending on if she gets her own movie like she's been rumored of getting.

#16 Posted by xfactor26 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man 3 comes out next year. Thor 2 has just been announced for November of 2013 and Captain America should also be 2013 release. Making Avengers 2 to probably come out 2014. Also, X-men first class is slated for 2013 maybe 2014 and X-men origins wolverine for July 2013. And we can't forget the two other projects that marvel is working on but hasn't officially announced that will be coming out in 2013/2014.

#17 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29330 posts) - - Show Bio

Dear everyone who wants Luke Cage,

Stop it.

#18 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

@Acestar101 said:

i think black panther needs and deserves a movie to himself before the avengers. hes not a character you can just drop into the film, unlike ms marvel, mockingbird and vision

i agree.

#19 Posted by Illuminatus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Strange.

Quicksilver.

Ms. Marvel.

#20 Posted by Skaddix (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

Fox owns Quicksilver, I am pretty sure.

Still against Thanos: Ms. Marvel and Photon spring to the front along with Quasar

Shield Related: Mockingbird

#21 Posted by Enigmatri (28 posts) - - Show Bio
@xfactor26 said:

@Enigmatri Iron Man 3 comes out next year. Thor 2 has just been announced for November of 2013 and Captain America should also be 2013 release. Making Avengers 2 to probably come out 2014. Also, X-men first class is slated for 2013 maybe 2014 and X-men origins wolverine for July 2013. And we can't forget the two other projects that marvel is working on but hasn't officially announced that will be coming out in 2013/2014.

All that makes me excited for next year, going to be such a great year for films.
#22 Posted by MrArrogant (149 posts) - - Show Bio

MORE FEMALES!!! seriously we need to be a bit more diverse, I say Ms. Marvel, Wasp and Scarlet witch would be good additions, Wasp isn't too far a stretch what with the ant-man film and all. Maybe even white tiger rather than black panther (though he'd be cool too) or even Nova if they're gonna go more cosmic.

#23 Posted by Mercy_ (92075 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Ms. Marvel
  • Hank Pym
  • Janet Pym
  • Mockingbird
#24 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

• Ms. Marvel
  • Hank Pym
  • Janet Pym
  • Mockingbird Black Panther
#25 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

Ant-Man <3

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.