My favorite episodes of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes (2/2)

Posted by TheCannon (18918 posts) - - Show Bio

We saw part one. Now, onto part 2. This will contain the top 11. Not much to say, so let's just start.

11. Masters of Evil

This was a pretty good episode. Could of been better, but still pretty good. A great fight between the Avengers and Masters of Evil at the end. I just hated that they made it look like Hulk was so powerful that they couldn't capture him like the others, they had to trap him in Joudinheim. They took Thor down with ease. They should of taken Hulk down with equal or lower ease. But it was a good episode.

10. Behold.... the Vision

A great way to introduce Vision. I feel that he was done very well in the series. He was able to put up a good fight against the Avengers (well, 3 of them and Black Panther) and Wakanda's Military. I also liked that they didn't just have him become a hero in the first episode, they took some time. Although they should of waited past his second appearance in my opinion. But this episode brings up a question. Panther fixes Cap's shield in the episode. Why didn't he just do that at the beginning of Season 2 instead of Stark making the energy shield? It just doesn't make sense to me. But still, great episode.

9. New Avengers

This was a great one. We got to see Power Man and Iron First again, we got to see Wolverine, we got to see Spider-man again (despite my opinion of him not being needed in the show), and we saw Kang again. Kang has always been one of my favorite villains on the show, so I loved seeing him again. My only complaint with this one is that it might of been better as a 2-parter. Part one could of been the Avengers fighting Kang who broke out, and Part 2 could of basically been this episode. But still, it was good. Although I felt Kang should of done more in Season 2.

8. Who Do You Trust?

I just loved this one when I saw it. While there much not of been much action, I didn't care. There's more to a show than action scenes. This was done perfectly to go with the Skrull Invasion. I was shocked by the ending with Mockingbird being Queen Veranke. It never occurred to me that she could of been switched during "Widow's Sting" It's weird watching that one again after knowing she's a skrull. Back on topic, this one was great.

7. Thor the Mighty

I loved this one. This was a great way to introduce Thor, and it helped set up the Season 1 finale. This episode proves that Thor can have his own animated series. @Marvel Comics Get the people who wrote this show to work on a Thor series. It was cool seeing the Wrecking Crew and the Frost Giants, and I LOVED Loki in the episode. Just a fantastic episode.

6. The Ballad of Beta Ray Bill

Like Thor the Mighty, this proves Thor can have a solo animated series. This was just done perfectly. It almost made up for Thor barely being in the season at that time. ALMOST. Anyway, this was just perfect. It really helped push the Surtur storyline that will never be finished. Beta Ray Bill was done great in the episode. I really can't find fault with it. But give me time, I can. That's really all to say for this episode.

5. Infiltration/Secret Invasion

This was a perfect end to the Skrull storyline. We saw the return of Thor and the REAL Captain America (which I actually liked the Skrull more), and Iron Man returning the the roster. Seeing Doom in Infitration was cool, although I wish we had more of him in Season 2. This episode was done perfectly, from the Skrull Avengers fighting Panther in Wakanda to Thor soloing a dozen Super Skrulls to Skrull Cap's message across the world (which is one of my favorite moments in the show), to just about everything. My only problem was no explanation for Thor's new costume. But that really has nothing to do with the episode, so it doesn't matter. Great episode.

4. Gamma World (Part 1 & 2)

I have never understood why, but I love this episode. From the Leader to Thor to Hawkeye, it was just done very well. Part 2 is far superior to part 1, but I had to put them together. The episode was great. Leader was a nice change of pace from the normal villains they fought. Everything with Thor in PArt 2 was great. Hawkeye joining the team was nice. Everything was great.

3. Ultron-5/The Ultron Imparitive

This was just a great one. Ultron in it was great, him taking over all of Iron Man's armors was great, everything was great. There really wasn't a flaw. Really not much to say, other than it was just a great episode.

2. The Man Who Stole Tomorrow/Come the Conqueror/The Kang Dynasty

This one was just... wow. It was just amazing. There wasn't a single thing wrong. I don't even care that we barely saw Thor in Part 3. This was just perfect. Kang became my second favorite villain in the show after seeing this. It was just perfect, and even helped set up Season 2 a little. There wasn't a single flaw with this one.

1. This Hostage Earth/The Fall of Asgard/A Day Unlike Any Other

This is my all time favorite episode(s). Everything with Loki and Asgard was amazing. Whether it was Part 1 that had the Avengers travel to Asgard, Part 2 which explained a lot, to Part 3 with the epic battle between Loki and the Avengers. The moment where Loki breaks Cap's shield I rank the greatest moment in the show's history. I love the speech Loki gave Thor saying that he was behind everything from Thor leaving Asgard to the Breakout to the Masters of Evil to the Norn Stones etc. Iron Man having an uru armor was very cool. I could go on for hours about why this episode is so good. But, I don't have time. It was just an amazing three part episode that I think may be the greatest thing I've seen on television.

Conclusion

Well, that's the end. My favorite episodes of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. From the crap episodes like Powerless to epics like A Day Unlike Any Other. I wish I could say that I would make a list for Season 3. I wish. But, this did give me the idea of making a blog with my ideas for Season 3. That will be up at some point. Until next time.

#1 Posted by Selinaky (677 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with you on the top episodes, probably because I'm a fan of Thor, Loki, Sif and all the other Asgardian stuff. Black Panther and Hulk are my second favourite characters in the show after Thor.

#2 Posted by coolguyr99 (3019 posts) - - Show Bio

One of my favourites is the Luke Cage and Iron Fist episode. Good List anyway.

#3 Edited by TheCannon (18918 posts) - - Show Bio

@Selinaky said:

I agree with you on the top episodes, probably because I'm a fan of Thor, Loki, Sif and all the other Asgardian stuff. Black Panther and Hulk are my second favourite characters in the show after Thor.

Thanks. That's part of why I find certain stuff this high.

@coolguyr99 said:

One of my favourites is the Luke Cage and Iron Fist episode. Good List anyway.

That is a good one. Thinking about it, it maybe it will switch places with Masters of Evil. But that would mean the Casket of Ancient Winters would have to be ranked up too...

#4 Posted by TheCannon (18918 posts) - - Show Bio

#5 Posted by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: Great list! I have the same top 3, but in a different order. Ultimately it's hard to choose between the three of them because they were all great storylines/episodes.

#6 Posted by TheCannon (18918 posts) - - Show Bio

@Moonchilde said:

@TheCannon: Great list! I have the same top 3, but in a different order. Ultimately it's hard to choose between the three of them because they were all great storylines/episodes.

Thanks. And those three are absolute epics, but I simply picked the Asgard one because I love all the Asgard stuff, and I thought it had some better singular moments in it.

What's your number one? Or do you not want to spoil it in case you make a list?

#7 Posted by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

@Moonchilde said:

Thanks. And those three are absolute epics, but I simply picked the Asgard one because I love all the Asgard stuff, and I thought it had some better singular moments in it.

I liked the 2-part Ultron episode the most. He just seemed like such a cold, calculating, and above-all efficient villain in that storyline. After watching that episode I'm convinced that Skynet and Agent Smith have posters of Ultron on their walls, and inspire to one day be as badass as him.

I liked how in a way it was a continuation of the Kang storyline. I loved him just completely taking over Iron Man's armors, and also enjoyed the fact that the only reason the Avengers were able to win was by pointing out a logical flaw in his own imperative.

As Janet said at the end, "You saved the world... and with science even!"

Very action-packed episode, but ultimately it was brains not brawn that won the day.

#8 Posted by TheCannon (18918 posts) - - Show Bio

@Moonchilde said:

@TheCannon said:

@Moonchilde said:

I liked the 2-part Ultron episode the most. He just seemed like such a cold, calculating, and above-all efficient villain in that storyline. After watching that episode I'm convinced that Skynet and Agent Smith have posters of Ultron on their walls, and inspire to one day be as badass as him.

I liked how in a way it was a continuation of the Kang storyline. I loved him just completely taking over Iron Man's armors, and also enjoyed the fact that the only reason the Avengers were able to win was by pointing out a logical flaw in his own imperative.

As Janet said at the end, "You saved the world... and with science even!"

Very action-packed episode, but ultimately it was brains not brawn that won the day.

You make a good case for Ultron. I still like the Loki one more, but you make a good case.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.