Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7701 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

My favorite episodes of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes (1/2)

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

Edited By TheCannon

I decided to make a list of my favorite episodes of EMH. It was very hard to put these in order. This is not a top ten list, it has every episode. Though I did combine two and three parters. I am going to go from the bottom up. So, let's start the list already.

40. Powerless

No Caption Provided

This just made no sense. The main plot:

The Enchantress, as part of her master Surtur's plan, offers Loki a chance to exact his revenge on Thor and the Avengers for thwarting his conquest of the Nine Realms, and uses a spell to strip Thor, Captain America, and Iron Man of their powers. Now, the helpless heroes must defeat Loki - his soul now in command of a powerful Asgardian weapon known as the Destroyer - without their abilities.

Decent idea. I'm never really a fan of someone losing their powers just for just one story, but it's a decent idea. Loki could of easily killed them. But no. Iron Man with a mark I armor (and he doesn't even know how it works), Captain America without the super soldier serum, a human Thor with a broken leg, and Hawkeye with no arrows are able to defeat the destroyer armor. How is that even possible? I understand that they got their powers back, but they should of been killed the moment it showed up.

No Caption Provided

As showed above, the Destroyer was able to split mjolnir before. But Hawkeye survives an unprotected blast from it!?!

39. Michael Korvac

No Caption Provided

Now, this has nothing to do with the Guardians of the Galaxy in it (so shut up about the movie). It's suppose to be a cosmic Season. Then, you'll want cosmic people like the Guardians. But it was just horrible. The pot was bad, the episode was written bad, and we didn't even get Thor or "Captain America" in it. Most of the Guardians either looked like horrible characters (like Rocket Racoon), or they looked like rip off of DC characters (Phyla-Vell looked like a rip-off of Sinestro and Star Sapphire). Michael Korvac, was... just horrible. Marvel should be ashamed of this episode. Although, I will say it is much better watching it the second time. I watched it last night and that saved it from getting last place. But it's still a bad episode.

38. Man in the Ant-Hill

No Caption Provided

I'm not going to say this was a bad episode. It was nice to see Hank and Jan take the spotlight. It was incredibly cool to see Panther in it. I hated ranking it this low, but I like others much more.

37. Emperor Stark

No Caption Provided

This wasn't that bad, but it wasn't that good. Purple Man taking over the entire world? I like that they gave a lower villain time in the spotlight, but it was still just kind of meh. It could of been better.

36. Alone Against AIM

No Caption Provided

As with Man in the Ant Hill, it's not that his was a bad episode. There are just so many others that are better. I liked introducing Jim Rhodes as War Machine, Cap's energy shield, and I LOVED Maria Hill trying to get the Avengers to register. Marvel are idiots for cancelling this show before we got to see the Civil War.

35. Widow's Sting

Skrull form
    Skrull form

Another one that wasn't bad, but the others were much better. I liked this one. I loved seeing Mockingbird in it. However, I felt that the only point to it was to show Madame Viper a Skrull at the end. This would of tied with Alone Against AIM, but Mockingbird just made it a little better.

34. TIE: Iron Man is Born/Hulk vs the World

Iron Man is Born
    Iron Man is Born

Can't find a good Hulk vs the World pic.

These two were decent episodes. They could of been better, but were decent. I think they were done covered pretty well. There may be some weird thing in it (Hawkeye and Widow sent to bring in the Hulk!?!) but they were good. Both introduced the characters very well.

33. Assault of 42

No Caption Provided

This one was just, weird. It's kind of hard to describe it. An army of bugs attacking Prison 42? It's just weird. They didn't give much detail. why were the bugs attacking? No one ever noticed life int he Negative Zone before? It was just sort of weird. It wasn't really bad, just weird.

32. Panther's Quest

Avengers: EMH

This was actually a pretty good one. But, like the previous, I just like other ones more. This was a great episode. Panther vs the Avengers at the beginning was neat. It was a good episode. If you know me, you know one of my only complaints with this. No Thor. Was a great episode though.

31. Everything is Wonderful

No Caption Provided

Interesting episode. Wonder Man was a change of pace as a villain. He was cool in the episode. The ending to set up the Masters of Evil was very good. Decent episode, although it could of been better.

30. Ultron Unlimited

No Caption Provided

This was kind of weird. Ultron plans to replace the Avengers with robots? It was just off. Ultron was just wasted in the second season. At least we saw Vision again. This could of been much better.

29. TIE: Code Red/Winter Soldier

Winter Soldier
    Winter Soldier

These were neat episodes. It was cool seeing Red Skull and Winter Soldier. Although I do feel that Red Skull was wasted. I like seeing him, but I felf he was wasted. Winter Soldier I thought was neat, but they could of done more with him. Code Red was kind of weird though. But overall these were good episodes.

28. The Deadliest Man Alive

No Caption Provided

This was a decent episode. I think it was kind of a waste to have Red Hulk join for only one episode though. But overall, it was pretty good. We got to see what happened to Banner after the Skrull Cap tricked him into turning himself in. And I liked the ending where Hulk decided not to join the team full-time, where they would just call him when they needed him. It was cool seeing Hulk fight Red Hulk again.

27. Some Assembly Required

No Caption Provided

This was a decent episode after Breakout. It was nice seeing Enchantress and Executioner. Hulk fighting Thor was very cool. Not to much bad with the episode, but the good stuff could of been better.

26. Welcome to the Kree Empire

No Caption Provided

I find this an underrated episode. The first time watching it, I didn't care much for it. But after seeing it another few times, it really grew on me. I liked Ms. Marvel joining the team at the end. I liked seeing the Avengers fight Ronan, and I liked seeing Mar-vell return. Really my only complain here was no Panther, Wasp, or Hawkeye. But overall, it's still good.

25. Yellowjacket

No Caption Provided

This one really shot Hank up in my popularity. I loved him once he became Yellowjacket. It was a pretty good episode and worked for returning Hank to the show. Not too much to go into detail here, but I liked the episode.

24. Meet Captain America

No Caption Provided

This was a good episode. Good, not great. But it's still fun to watch. Cap fighting in WWII was cool. We got the setup for the Kang storyline. We got to see Bucky and Red Skull. We even got to see Wolverine. Very fun episode to watch.

23. The Private War of Dr. Doom

I felt this one could of been better. When I first heard Doom and the FF were going to be in the Season 2 premier, I was so excited. I was waiting for Ultimate Spider-man to get done so EMH Season 2 could start. First, I was extremely disappointed when I found out Thor wasn't in it. But, I knew Doom was going to be in it so I was able to get past it. But personally, I found this episode overrated. The plot was just out there, the FF really didn't do anything, and the Thing/Hulk thing got old after the first time Hulk attacked him. It was just out there.

22. Breakout (Part 1 & 2)

No Caption Provided

The pilot episode(s). Pretty good way to start the series. A major threat brings the five heroes together. They then ban together to form the Avengers. It was a great way to start the series. My only complaint: Too many cameos. We had cameos from Mandarin, Purple Man, Red Ghost, etc. But overall, great way to start the series.

21. Living Legend

No Caption Provided

This was a good episode. Bringing Cap back to present day was done perfectly (at least in my opinion). I think having Zemo as the villain was good, and setting up for the Masters of Evil at the end of the episode was great.

20. Acts of Vengeance

No Caption Provided

Pretty good episode. We got to see Zemo and the Masters of Evil return. We got to see Enchantress again. And Thor finally got screen time. Even though he wasn't on Earth, Thor needed to be showed. This was a good one. I like it. I liked all the Surtur stuff they were setting up, I liked the Skrull Cap ready to just let Zemo die, etc. It was a good one.

19. TIE: Nightmare in Red/Prisoners of War

Prisoners of War
    Prisoners of War

These two were both good episodes. Nightmare in Red was more for Hulk fans, but I still liked it. Red Hulk was cool in it, and the move by Skrull Cap was genius. Prisoners of War was a good one. I loved seeing the Super Skrull. And who else was a Skrull besides the ones we knew was cool. So, two equally good episodes.

18. 459

The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
    The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes

I liked this episode. I have always liked the Kree and Captain Mar-Vell. I also liked that they had Carol Danver's origin in one episode and she joined the following season instead of it all at once. It really helped set off the Kree stuff that I loved in Season 2. Great episode, although it was really just to help set stuff up for Season 2.

17. Along Came A Spider

No Caption Provided

This was a decent episode. I liked it, but I never really understood the point for it. I like Spider-man, but I never felt he was needed in the series. It was an interesting episode though, we saw how the Skrull Cap affected the real Cap's reputation. It was a nice episode, but wasn't really needed in my opinion.

16. Avengers Assemble

The series finale. Don't get me wrong, it was a good episode. I liked it, but I had a few problems with it.

1. There were too many heroes in the episode. Most people didn't get the time to shine that they deserved.
    2. Galactus had no lines in the episode.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I liked Galactus in it, although I was surprised he was in it. He doesn't feel like an Avengers villain. But I am glad that they didn't use the Ultimate Nulifier to beat him. That would of been too obvious.

15. Hail HYDRA

No Caption Provided

This was a decent episode. I always like seeing villains battle each other. I will say that I like keeping it original to the comics by having AIM create the cube. I also liked the hinto to Winter Soldier at the end. Overall pretty good episode.

14. To Steal an Ant-man

No Caption Provided

At the time, this was my favorite of the Season. I loved seeing Luke Cage and Iron Fist in a GOOD animated role (something other than Ultimate Spider-man). It was also cool seeing Scott Lang. And we saw Hank back (even if he wasn't really a super hero). I love Cage's line about "Yeah, we're the Avengers. I'm Captain America. My friend in the pajamas is Thor." My only complaint with the episode was that the name of the show is Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. So, we expect to see the Avengers. Who did we not see? The Avengers. Only a brief scene with Wasp at the beginning. But it was still good.

13. Operation: Galactic Storm/Live Kree or Die

No Caption Provided

I personally loved this episode. I loved seeing Mar-vell again, I loved seeing the Supreme Intelligence, etc. I liked that the moment Kang was talking about where Cap destroyed the Earth wasn't the Skrull, since I thought it was too obvious. It was just a great episode, and one of my favorites. Yet, why is it ranked so low? LOL

12. The Casket of Ancient Winters

Malekith - Avengers: EMH
    Malekith - Avengers: EMH

I always forget this episode, so I watched it the other day. I really like this one. I like that they faced an Asgardian threat other than Enchantress. Malekith was an odd choice, but but they did him very well. This was a great episode, and I felt it was done very well.

To be Continued.......

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
    BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#1  Edited By BlueLantern1995

Disagree with the order a lot LOL...Panther's quest was in my Top 10 along with Avengers Assemble, 459, with Yellowjacket being in my Top 3...

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TheCannon

@BlueLantern1995 said:

Disagree with the order a lot LOL...Panther's quest was in my Top 10 along with Avengers Assemble, 459, with Yellowjacket being in my Top 3...

Yeah, when I get the time, I think I'll have to do a complete re-make of this. Looking at it, I don't even like the order.

BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BlueLantern1995

To steal an Ant-Man is like the best episode of Season 2 along with Yellowjacket...I think it is easier to name what doesn't make my fav fav, Powerless and Assault on 42. And just to let you know you rated a lot of them 4-4.5 which means "Bad"...you hated them that much?

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheCannon

@BlueLantern1995 said:

To steal an Ant-Man is like the best episode of Season 2 along with Yellowjacket...I think it is easier to name what doesn't make my fav fav, Powerless and Assault on 42. And just to let you know you rated a lot of them 4-4.5 which means "Bad"...you hated them that much?

To Steal an Ant-man was not the best of Season 2, but I see your point. I didn't hate them, I just like others more.

Yeah, I'm re-doing this list when I get the chance. And I think I'm going to leave out the rating.

BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BlueLantern1995

If you don't hate them give them a higher rating...I'll teach you the scoring system cause you obviously don't know how it runs...

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheCannon

@BlueLantern1995 said:

If you don't hate them give them a higher rating...I'll teach you the scoring system cause you obviously don't know how it runs...

You don't have to. I'm getting rid of it.

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

Great list. Feel inspired to make my own now, though I've only seen 3 episodes of season 2 so far (Private War of Dr. Doom, Alone Against AIM, and Nightmare in Red) so mine would be restricted to season 1.

I personally didn't like episode 459, mostly because it feels really out of place with the rest of season 1. If I've seen more of season 2 I might like that episode more. I'd personally rate Man in the Ant Hill a bit higher, mostly cause I love Janet in that episode; and 459 lower for the reason I just gave.

My favorite episodes aren't on this list though, so I'm assuming they must be in your top 10, which I'm looking forward to seeing.

NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NerdsFTW

@TheCannon: The show sucks, Thor is a punching bag.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheCannon

@NerdsFTW said:

@TheCannon: The show sucks, Thor is a punching bag.

I'm guessing you've never seen stuff like The Ballad of Beta Ray Bill, Secret Invasion, Live Kree or Die, etc.

NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NerdsFTW

@TheCannon: I've seen every episode.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheCannon

@NerdsFTW said:

@TheCannon: I've seen every episode.

Then you would know he's soloed a dozen super skrulls, taken out about 20 Kree Sentry 459 robots wth ease, etc.

NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NerdsFTW

@TheCannon: Thor only has flight, weather control, and teleportation with his hammer, he doesn't have any of classic powers.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheCannon

@NerdsFTW said:

@TheCannon: Thor only has flight, weather control, and teleportation with his hammer, he doesn't have any of classic powers.

1. So?

2. What does that have to do with him being a punching bag?

Also, he was ale to ring Galactus to his knees by throwing mjolnir once.

NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NerdsFTW

@TheCannon: Because thor without his classic powers is a disgrace to the character.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheCannon

@NerdsFTW said:

@TheCannon: Because thor without his classic powers is a disgrace to the character.

So what do you want? For him to have every power he's ever had and be able to beat any of the villains with ease?

NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By NerdsFTW

@TheCannon: Yes.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheCannon

@NerdsFTW said:

@TheCannon: Yes.

So, in your Avengers cartoon, you don't have the Avengers form because Thor can beat anyone thrown at him.

NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NerdsFTW

@TheCannon: Correct.

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

There are a few episodes where Thor seems weak, but over-all they did a pretty good job with him. He's definitely not a punching bag in it and every episdoe certainly can't be "Thor saves the day again." That would be really boring.

Honestly my biggest problem with Thor is in Breakout pt. 2 where he hits Graviton with a blast that the animation clearly shows blows up Brooklyn, yet no one mentions or seems to care that he just killed 3 million people. It is common for cartoons to ignore the collateral damage caused by the heroes though, so I'm not really surprised by that.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheCannon

@BlueLantern1995@Moonchilde I added an episode I forgot and ranked To Steal an Ant-man higher up.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.