Most Powerful Avenger?

  • 95 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by AQD (63 posts) - - Show Bio

Who do you think is the most powerful Avenger, past and present?

#2 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio


Thor God of Thunder is probably the obvious one.

also Sentry and doctor strange. ms. marvel(bianary) Scarlet witch. i'll come up with more possibilitys later.

#3 Edited by cattlebattle (12599 posts) - - Show Bio

There has been so many I'm going to miss somebody, Thor I guess would be overall, being he is one of THE strongest Marvel characters and possesses an array of magical abilities

#4 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7689 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor, Doctor Strange and Vision
#5 Posted by Loki9876 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer said:
"


Thor God of Thunder is probably the obvious one.

also Sentry and doctor strange. ms. marvel(bianary) Scarlet witch. i'll come up with more possibilitys later.

"
this sums it up pretty good
#6 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Thor because he's been around the longest and is the most consistent. Sentry is so new, Scarlet Witch started out pretty weak, Doctor Strange's powers have gone up and down, same with Ms. Marvel.

#7 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarlet Witch

#8 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" Scarlet Witch "
Thor.
#9 Posted by joshmightbe (24692 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor has been the most powerful consistently longer than any other avenger  

#10 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
" Thor has been the most powerful consistently longer than any other avenger   "
This
#11 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32888 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor is the most consistent and The Sentry was portrayed as the most powerful.

#12 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
" Thor has been the most powerful consistently longer than any other avenger   "
Though Sentry does give him a run for his money. Especially with his hidden Void abilities.
#13 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk

Thor
Scarlet Witch
Wonder Man
Sentry
Dr. Strange

Those are probably the most powerful over all
#14 Posted by SC (12724 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this a new thread? This might be closed, I would have thought this thread would have been done before. 


Thor 
Wanda
Sentry
Dr Strange 
Quasar
Hulk
Gilgamesh
Monica Rambeau
Wonderman
Ares


Moderator
#15 Posted by Iron_Lad (315 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't forget Sersi.

#16 Posted by joshmightbe (24692 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kallarkz: Sentry is inconsistent though
#17 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" Scarlet Witch "
Thor. "
You reckon? Wanda decimated millions with a thought. I've always put moderate to high level reality-warping well above any physical powers.
#18 Edited by PowerHerc (81712 posts) - - Show Bio

Traditionally, it's been Thor.

But based on "Avengers: Disassembled" and "House of M" it could well be the Scarlet Witch.

#19 Posted by jayskee (1905 posts) - - Show Bio

thor or scralet witch
#20 Posted by Theworldbreaker (1642 posts) - - Show Bio

Same as above post.
#21 Posted by UltraHeroix (154 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say Thor. When the team is in trouble, everyone gets a sigh of relief and a feeling of hope when he shows up.

#22 Posted by ShirEPanjshir (588 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk and Thor as some of the more usual Avengers.
Of course when you say of all-time, past and present. Than it obviously would have to be The Sentry, I guess.

#23 Posted by halfpastwhenever (132 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarlet Witch > Thor > Sentry > Quasar

#24 Posted by Sempurna (62 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends on what levels we are taking them at.House of M Scarlet Witch is obviously above and beyond any Avenger.Dark Reign Sentry,Classic Sentry as well are both clearly above and beyond any Avenger.Classic Dr.Strange is probably more powerful than both.Current Thor hasn't proven yet to be anywhere near as powerful as he once was.So...I don't know.Overall I would say Thor is consistently the Avengers powerhouse.Certain versions of Sentry are incredibly weak because of his mental stability and sharing the host with the Void,Thor and Scarlet Witch have been on the same Avengers roster with him still as the powerhouse and current Strange is nowhere near what he was before.

#25 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7689 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange is trash now without Dormammu, Black Magic, The Artifacts, Sorceror Supreme all that.
#26 Posted by MutenRoshi (851 posts) - - Show Bio
@Iron_Lad said:
Don't forget Sersi.
Right on!
#27 Posted by AssertingValor (5382 posts) - - Show Bio

scarlet which, thor, doctor strange......................................
#28 Posted by Vulcan Brimstone (6 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sempurna said:
It depends on what levels we are taking them at.House of M Scarlet Witch is obviously above and beyond any Avenger.Dark Reign Sentry,Classic Sentry as well are both clearly above and beyond any Avenger.Classic Dr.Strange is probably more powerful than both.Current Thor hasn't proven yet to be anywhere near as powerful as he once was.So...I don't know.Overall I would say Thor is consistently the Avengers powerhouse.Certain versions of Sentry are incredibly weak because of his mental stability and sharing the host with the Void,Thor and Scarlet Witch have been on the same Avengers roster with him still as the powerhouse and current Strange is nowhere near what he was before.
#29 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (7898 posts) - - Show Bio

Hellcat xD

#30 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Strange, wanda, snetry, and Thor all of the potential to be the most powerful, and probably all have been at different points in thir career.
#31 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Top 5

Thor

Sentry

Scarlet Witch

Dr. Strange

Hulk

#32 Posted by GTG12 (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor probably.
#33 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7689 posts) - - Show Bio

At their highest potential it's a tossup between Scarlet Witch and Thor, It got to a point where their abilities were on a UNIVERSAL level.
#34 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vulcan Brimstone said:
@Sempurna said:
It depends on what levels we are taking them at.House of M Scarlet Witch is obviously above and beyond any Avenger.Dark Reign Sentry,Classic Sentry as well are both clearly above and beyond any Avenger.Classic Dr.Strange is probably more powerful than both.Current Thor hasn't proven yet to be anywhere near as powerful as he once was.So...I don't know.Overall I would say Thor is consistently the Avengers powerhouse.Certain versions of Sentry are incredibly weak because of his mental stability and sharing the host with the Void,Thor and Scarlet Witch have been on the same Avengers roster with him still as the powerhouse and current Strange is nowhere near what he was before.
Moderator
#35 Posted by celestial_man (108 posts) - - Show Bio

isnt mantis quite powerful as the celestial madonna ??

#36 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Thor, Hulk, Scarlet Witch after wigging out. Not sure if you would qualify SW as a villain though when her power was realized. Herk, Sersi, Dr. Strange, and Gilgamesh would be close behind though.

#37 Posted by venomyak (1443 posts) - - Show Bio

People think. The most powerful Avenger is Captain America because he has Thor, Scarlet Witch, Sentry and a small army of other powerhouses at his command.

#38 Posted by Mayo88m (246 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Scarlet Witch. She changes reality with a thought. I think that's more absolute power than anything Thor can throw at you.

#39 Posted by JustinianLonewolf (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk & Thor

#40 Posted by Lord Shiva (794 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on what you consider powerful Scarlet Witch (Crazy) Thor Sentry Red Hulk Dr Strange Sersi Quasar Monica Rambeau Hulk Gilgamesh Scarlet Witch Iron Man Ms. Marvel Jack of Hearts Moondragon Storm Vision Wonderman Ares

#41 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7689 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

Thor, Doctor Strange and Vision
#42 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

hulk is strongest there is !

#43 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7689 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceIMC said:

I'd say Thor because he's been around the longest and is the most consistent. Sentry is so new, Scarlet Witch started out pretty weak, Doctor Strange's powers have gone up and down, same with Ms. Marvel.
#44 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5354 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor, Scarlet Witch, Sentry.

#45 Posted by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio

Either Thor or Scarlet Witch but if i had to pick one, i'd go with Thor

#46 Posted by Skaddix (3112 posts) - - Show Bio

Scartlet Witch when she is on Life Force

Sentry when void controlled.

Thor

#47 Edited by karrob (4278 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

Sentry

Dr Strange

Quasar

Hulk

Gilgamesh

Photon

Scarlet Witch

Wonder Man

Ms. Marvel

#48 Posted by vicioushero (163 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarlet Witch

Sentry

Hulk

Thor

Spider-Man

#49 Posted by Bo88gdan (4393 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

#50 Posted by Skulexander (102 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems the general consensus is Thor

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.