Most popular Avenger?

#1 Edited by WWQ3 (33 posts) - - Show Bio

I think its definitely Captain America. When I think of Avengers, I immediately think of him.

#3 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6312 posts) - - Show Bio

@wwq3: well that is you. most people think of iron man. he started it all. he funds it.

Wasn't it technically Ant-Man who 'started it all', seeing as it was his idea for the teamup to become a permanent thing? Plus Wasp was the one who came up with the name.

#4 Posted by Farkam (4931 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk or Thor. If you are talking about the movies than its Iron Man.

#5 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33629 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man

#6 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio
@farkam said:

Hulk or Thor. If you are talking about the movies than its Iron Man.

I don't think

@jonny_anonymous said:

Spider-Man

This. Spider-Man is Marvel's most popular character. It only makes sense that he's the most popular Avenger. If we're talking about the most popular character that we automatically associated with the team (which wouldn't be Spider-Man because he's a newer member) I would say the big 3 (Cap,Iron Man,Hulk) are about neck and neck for the top spot. Thor is gaining in popularity because of the films but simply as a Marvel Comics character I don't think he's more popular than Iron Man,Hulk or Cap.

#7 Posted by Farkam (4931 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Farkam (4931 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro: I don't remember IM being that popular before the movies came out.

#10 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

@vance_astro: I don't remember IM being that popular before the movies came out.

I could say the same for Thor.

#11 Posted by Farkam (4931 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Strider92 (16607 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

Spider-Man

This. Spider-Man is Marvel's most popular character. It only makes sense that he's the most popular Avenger. If we're talking about the most popular character that we automatically associated with the team (which wouldn't be Spider-Man because he's a newer member) I would say the big 3 (Cap,Iron Man,Hulk) are about neck and neck for the top spot. Thor is gaining in popularity because of the films but simply as a Marvel Comics character I don't think he's more popular than Iron Man,Hulk or Cap.

This seems right.

#13 Posted by Jack Donaghy (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

In general it's Spider-Man but most people aren't aware he's an Avenger so I'm going with Iron Man.

#14 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro:

Ummm...no...The big three (that is, the Avengers Trio) are Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor. The tech hero. The meta/natural/mutant hero. And the magic based hero.

#15 Posted by amutant (267 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk

#16 Posted by DarkDay (634 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite said:

@vance_astro:

Ummm...no...The big three (that is, the Avengers Trio) are Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor. The tech hero. The meta/natural/mutant hero. And the magic based hero.

While I agree with you as far as I'd say whom I personally think The Avenger's Big Three are, Vance was talking about popularity, and the Hulk is more popular than Thor.

#17 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkday said:

@perezite said:

@vance_astro:

While I agree with you as far as I'd say whom I personally think The Avenger's Big Three are, Vance was talking about popularity, and the Hulk is more popular than Thor.

Oh. Well, yeah. In popularity, that's how it goes. In fact though, what I said is how it goes.

#18 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkday said:

@perezite said:

@vance_astro:

Thank you.

#19 Posted by PowerHerc (84340 posts) - - Show Bio

It's all opinion based.

Currently, Iron Man seems to be the most popular Avenger due to the success of the movies.

#20 Posted by New_World_Order (13235 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man.

#21 Posted by Captainamerica119 (200 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, Cap was voted most popular Marvel character and beat Spidey by like 5 votes. Cap is the best

#22 Posted by Jack Donaghy (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, Cap was voted most popular Marvel character and beat Spidey by like 5 votes. Cap is the best

Where on some comic book site? Spider-Man is easily much more popular than Cap and the most popular Marvel character period.

#23 Posted by JimTheSurfer (560 posts) - - Show Bio

Voted where? Spider-man is a super-hero, who is known by nearly everyone, while a lot of people, who don't read comics, don't know, who he is.

#24 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6206 posts) - - Show Bio

Us peak humans and mutants might say Cap but the average human will say Ironman.

#25 Edited by Experio (16266 posts) - - Show Bio

The top three are

Cap= Leadership

Ironman= Money and intelligent

Thor= Most powerful

#26 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man because of RDJ

#27 Edited by CrouchingTiger (148 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-man. Easily Marvel's most popular character in general

#28 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Among the general public: Iron Man

Among comic fandom: Captain America

If the question is 'who is the most popular hero who has been an Avenger', I would go with Spidey, naturally. But when most of think of the 'Avengers', Spidey isn't really the first hero that springs to mind. I'd go with Cap for that.

#29 Posted by Bo88gdan (4414 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron man

#30 Posted by Baberaham_Lincoln (937 posts) - - Show Bio

Shang Chi.... loljkkkk. Imo, when i hear avenger, i think of Cap since he is technically the guy who calls shots.

#31 Posted by NICK31898 (2180 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Edited by Captainamerica119 (200 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack_donaghy: This one

@jimthesurfer said:

@captainamerica119 said:

Voted where? Spider-man is a super-hero, who is known by nearly everyone, while a lot of people, who don't read comics, don't know, who he is.

On this site

#33 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

@experio said:

The top three are

Cap= Leadership

Ironman= Money and intelligent

Thor= Most powerful

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.