Missing Avengers in Avx?

#1 Posted by Teerack (5219 posts) - - Show Bio

Where are some of the Avengers? There just... not there in AvX.

Where is Quake? Where is Agent 13? Where is Venom? Where is Ant-Man? Where is the Prince of Orphans? Where is Shang-Chi?

#2 Edited by Remi (613 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom is in his own book doing something.

Ant-Pam (Pym) - Avengers Acedemy

Prince of Orphans - Volcano or with the Defenders

#3 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack said:

Where are some of the Avengers? There just... not there in AvX.

Where is Quake? Where is Agent 13? Where is Venom? Where is Ant-Man? Where is the Prince of Orphans? Where is Shang-Chi?

Sharon Carter was seen in Avengers vs. X-men #3 (she was with Cap, Hank and Wolverine).

As for Venom and Quake i think it's with them being recent inductees. They probably started writing this stuff before they joined so instead of working them into the plot, they've just not bothered. Other than that New Avengers issue, Storm likewise hasn't factored in much of the Avengers side. Haven't seen much of Vision in the main book yet either. I'd say the first issues of the miniseries was completed before any of the other stuff was finished...

Ant-Man seems an oversight but I think it's just the case they didn't want to touch him because Remender was planning to kill him off and have him reborn as a Descendent.

Asf or Prince of Orphans and Shang-Chi they were never members, just allies, the former is in Defenders right now as a villain and the latter left after he repaid his favor to the Avengers in Secret Avengers #18.

#4 Posted by Teerack (5219 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35: Prince of Orphans and Shang-Chi are Avengers. They joined the secret avengers a while back.

@Remi: Not the Ant-Man I was talking about. Hank goes by Giant-Man now because there is already an Ant-Man on another avengers team.

#5 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack: No they didn't. They were just allies. Shang-Chi left after the story arc was over and only returned for one issue to repay the favor for them saving him. Prince of Orphans was an "old friend" Steve called in to help them on one mission because he knew about the foes and the culture they were fighting. He hung around during Fear Itself but wasn't ever a member.

#6 Posted by Teerack (5219 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35: Ya, but during Fear It's Self: The Fearless, the Prince of Orphans was with the rest of the secret avengers trying to stop Valkyrie, and Shang-Chi was with the rest of the Avengers during Spider-Man Island. Shang-Chi might of been just and ally, but I'm pretty the Prince of Orphans was a real part of the team.

#7 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack: Neither were listed as Avengers in the Official Marvel Handbook Avengers members whereas Venom was (so it's up-to-date).

I'd say they both should class as what used to be an "honorary" Avenger but Marvel had dropped that concept entirely...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.