Mighty White Tiger

#1 Edited by FuriousWeasel (94 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone know why the teenage White Tiger and has been included in the new Mighty Avengers team? Surely either of the two previous White Tiger's (Kevin 'Kasper ' Kole and Angela Del Toro) would make far more sense, not only are they IMHO more interesting characters they have actual experience both in law enforcement and costumed adventuring. (And don't even get me started on the inclusion of the teenage Power Man either)

#2 Edited by mdamasco (49 posts) - - Show Bio

because she is a minority, simple as that

#3 Posted by FuriousWeasel (94 posts) - - Show Bio

@mdamasco: That's my point, so were the previous two White Tiger's.

#4 Posted by mdamasco (49 posts) - - Show Bio

@furiousweasel hmm probably because she is in the new Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon

#5 Posted by longbowhunter (7511 posts) - - Show Bio

I really miss Angela Del Toro as White Tiger. Her and Black Tarantula made for a great supporting cast during Brubaker's run on Daredevil.

#6 Edited by blkson (785 posts) - - Show Bio

@mdamasco said:

because she is a minority, simple as that

ALL white tigers have been PoC if I'm not mistaken

Does anyone know why the teenage White Tiger and has been included in the new Mighty Avengers team? Surely either of the two previous White Tiger's (Kevin 'Kasper ' Kole and Angela Del Toro) would make far more sense, not only are they IMHO more interesting characters they have actual experience both in law enforcement and costumed adventuring. (And don't even get me started on the inclusion of the teenage Power Man either)

She adds youth to the team. The new Powerman is there too. There are alot of kids/young characters in the Xmen mythos not as many in the Avengers side.

#7 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (34340 posts) - - Show Bio

I really miss Angela Del Toro as White Tiger. Her and Black Tarantula made for a great supporting cast during Brubaker's run on Daredevil.

yep yep yep yep yep

#8 Posted by PowerHerc (85153 posts) - - Show Bio

To add a female, a minority and youth.

#9 Posted by Spideysense44 (3534 posts) - - Show Bio

i like white tiger either way she needs to be used more

#10 Posted by tg1982 (2717 posts) - - Show Bio

i like white tiger either way she needs to be used more

I agree. I liked her in Avengers Academy, for the little bit I got to see her.

#11 Edited by knighthood (1725 posts) - - Show Bio

@furiousweasel:

@mdamasco said:

@furiousweasel hmm probably because she is in the new Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon

THIS! I was wondering about why Spidey and a second Power Man are on this team as well. I didn't make sense to me until I watch a little Ultimate Spider-Man on Netflix this morning. So obviously Marvel is trying to reach younger demographic with the cartoon audience and also reach out to minority readers in general. I'm going to check it out, but I'm super skeptical of Land being the artist.

#12 Edited by phisigmatau (529 posts) - - Show Bio

#13 Posted by fodigg (6148 posts) - - Show Bio

She was my favorite in that mantle too, but they prefer her as a teen hero I guess.

#14 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.