Mighty Avengers Ronin

#1 Posted by Howard_Go (43 posts) - - Show Bio

Who do you think is in the Ronin outfit?

https://marvel.com/images/gallery/story/20726/images_from_replay_the_mighty_avengers_liveblog/image/954553

#2 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm guessing it's one of these two.

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33380 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler: I can't be Shang Chi as he's in the regular Avengers and I'd find it really weird if it's Iron Fist as he's based off of a Chinese concept and Ronan is a Japanese thing

#4 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler: I can't be Shang Chi as he's in the regular Avengers and I'd find it really weird if it's Iron Fist as he's based off of a Chinese concept and Ronan is a Japanese thing

well, and Shang Chi actually is Chinese if I'm not mistaken, but it's not like any of the other characters to be Ronin were Japanese.

oh, and maybe Shang Chi quits the regular Avengers (Spider-man's also on the regular Avengers, as of the most recent issue) , or maybe that's why he's in disguise.

#5 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33380 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler: Yea I know Shang is Chinese and I'm pretty sure Spider-Man get's kicked off the Avengers. It just seems really stupid to go, oh hay Iron Fist is an Asian thing let have him dress as a ninja and call him self a samurai

#6 Posted by GundamHeavyarms (701 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be funny if it was Patriot.

#7 Edited by tikhunt (676 posts) - - Show Bio

Please be Rand!Please be Rand!Please be Rand!Please be Rand!Please be Rand!Please be Rand!Please be Rand!Please be Rand!Please be Rand!Please be Rand!Please be Rand!Please be Rand!Please be Rand!Please be Rand!Please be Rand!

#8 Posted by ShadowX (1218 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see Echo return as Ronin

#9 Posted by daredevil21134 (11795 posts) - - Show Bio

It's gonna be who it originally was supposed to be.Here Comes DAREDEVIL!!!

#10 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

echo or DD or hawkeye or somebody new

#11 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler: Yea I know Shang is Chinese and I'm pretty sure Spider-Man get's kicked off the Avengers. It just seems really stupid to go, oh hay Iron Fist is an Asian thing let have him dress as a ninja and call him self a samurai

I hadn't thought of it that way at all, just trying to think of characters who are known for their hand-to-hand fighting. Daredevil, Hawkeye, and Cap' just seemed unlikely, so I guessed those two. Also because of Iron Fist's history with Cage.

I actually think it would be pretty funny if it was Cap' though. But I think this team starts up when the other Avengers are off-world.

@shadowx said:

I would like to see Echo return as Ronin

That could be pretty great too!

#12 Posted by SoA (4834 posts) - - Show Bio

idc , ronin is back!

#13 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

It's gonna be who it originally was supposed to be.Here Comes DAREDEVIL!!!

I would love that!

@soa said:

idc , ronin is back!

yeah, I kind of feel like I can't be disappointed by whoever it is; the Ronin thing is just such a cool tradition. It's either going to be someone I know I like, or it's going to be a complete surprise, and that's pretty cool too.

#14 Posted by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope it's Echo. Although the physique is noticeably bulkier than her tenor....

#15 Posted by Oscars94 (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

Patriot , Daredevil, or RONIN!!! Le gasp!

#16 Posted by TDK_1997 (14892 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love the fact if Echo gets back in the Ronin mantle.

#17 Posted by DJ1107 (244 posts) - - Show Bio

It's probably Echo back from the dead.

#18 Posted by PowerHerc (83579 posts) - - Show Bio

Echo.

#19 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think this is who it is, but y'know who would actually be pretty cool? Amadeus Cho.

#20 Posted by tigerkaya (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would Marvel bring back this dead concept . Didn't it serve its purpose in New Avengers. Why bring back a concept that is only going to to produce the same shock value mystery gimmick. It has no purpose, nothing to symbolize, or any point in existence. Its just a cool costume to show off a character that he can dod martial arts which just about a large majority of the Marvel Heroes can do these days.

#22 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would Marvel bring back this dead concept . Didn't it serve its purpose in New Avengers. Why bring back a concept that is only going to to produce the same shock value mystery gimmick. It has no purpose, nothing to symbolize, or any point in existence. Its just a cool costume to show off a character that he can dod martial arts which just about a large majority of the Marvel Heroes can do these days.

Yeah, that's a pretty good point.

I still like the mystery of it, though.. it's like, half of the mystery is who it is, but there's also the whole why is this person being the Ronin in the first place? thing..what is it they're hiding? and, as you point out, there's soo many characters it could be, all with potentially different reasons for hiding their identity.

Like, Cage was in charge of the Thunderbolts for a while, so maybe it's a former villain?

Or maybe it is Luke Cage himself, finally hiding his identity now that he has a family to think about? (That would be pretty cool, actually..) Maybe it's actually more than one person, like Iron-man in the 80's. Anyway, that's the fun thing about the Ronin for me, the mystery.

#23 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

It needs to be Echo.

#24 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (14417 posts) - - Show Bio

This could be someone new.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.