Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7699 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Marvel's Phase 4 Lead With A New AVENGERS Movie?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

According to Unleash the Fanboy, Marvel's Phase 4 will lead with a 'New Avengers' movie. They got the info from Disney source of theirs and here's what she had to say, “It’s so incredibly early in the process, but unless Robert [Downey Jr.] makes an insane deal with these guys, they’re going with New Avengers.” Now the interesting part is RDJ only signed for Avengers 2 & 3 and it's highly unlikely he'll return for Iron Man 4 or the New Avengers film if that's true.

The site asked their source whether New Avengers referred to the comic arc or simply that there will be new people who happen to comprise The Avengers and she said, "Well, you’ve heard the recent casting announcements. They’ve got a ton of great guys. Paul Rudd. Michael Douglas. Aaron Taylor-Johnson. Whoever they choose for Doctor Strange and the other new guys in Phase 3. They’ve got a lot of great guys to lead the new phase of the team. But that’s all I say. It’s really early." Well Wolverine and Spidey won't be joining any time soon if they're going the New Avengers route. So far Doctor Strange and Ant-Man are confirmed for Phase 3. Those two will certainly be joining the New Avengers beyond Phase 3. With Pietro and Wanda joining the team, we will see them join the New Avengers? I guess time will tell.

At this point the MCU could go anywhere. The Guardians of the galaxy are being introduced to bring in the cosmic side of the MCU which is probably going to lead into bigger things. Now the question remains whether we'll see the King of Wakanda and the rumoured Inhumans movie which I suppose will be Marvel's version of the X-men. Will organisations such as S.W.O.R.D make an appearence too? I can't to wait to see where the MCU will be in the next 5 years. What do you guys think about Marvel's presumed Phase 4 plans? Do you think it's the right direction? Leave your thoughts down below.

Source

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

This would be so awesome if true but Spider-Man and Wolverine were pretty crucial to the NA team. And it'll be weird without Luke Cage and DareDevil, since they were on the team as well, as they will be in The Defends TV show.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#3  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

They could possibly adapt the storyline from the early days of The Avengers, where a majority of the team leave and Captain America basically assembles a whole new team from scratch. They could do something similar to allow new characters to take the place of older ones. I could even see them doing a combination of that storyline and the Breakout storyline from New Avengers as the reason for the team's formation.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This would be so awesome if true but Spider-Man and Wolverine were pretty crucial to the NA team. And it'll be weird without Luke Cage and DareDevil, since they were on the team as well, as they will be in The Defends TV show.

I feel exacly the same....
    They were the sellers of the team.....Cap,Tony,Peter and Logan were the real deal in the New Avengers team......if they get Spider-Man at least,it would be awesome.....im not saying this cuz im a Spidey fanboy(which i am) just because Spider-Man is easier to take,cuz a cooperation with FOX is nearly impossible.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By GrenadeFlow

Where does everyone get the Doctor Strange movie being confirmed info from?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: I wonder if Marvel will try to add Miles Morales to the mix in some kind of spider capacity? So they could still have that Spider-Man factor....idk...

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: I wonder if Marvel will try to add Miles Morales to the mix in some kind of spider capacity? So they could still have that Spider-Man factor....idk...

They can't.Sony owns him.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Do they? Does Ultimate property fall under Sonys jurisdiction?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I could dig that. Regardless of RDJ the Avengers franchise is to big to stop now

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#10  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Too bad Spidey won't be on the New Avengers. Pete was my whole reason for getting into them in the first place. I can live with no Iron Man or Spidey if War Machine and Jess get some spotlight on the team.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

a New Avengers team I'd like to see:

Captain America

Quicksilver

Scarlet Witch

War Machine

Black Panther

Captain Marvel (Carol)

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Black Panther has to be in this

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

New Avengers without Spider-man/Wolverine Banter!!!!? NOOOOOOOOOOO the best thing about that team was them two constantly poking each other!

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It's pretty cool that they're planning to update the team every so often. I was wondering how'd they manage to keep the MU ongoing without reboots. This gives a chance for other Marvel characters to shine and as @War Killer said, in the comics the avengers team does change often. Although it'd be cool if Cap was the only constant member or something like that.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PunyParker

New Avengers without Spider-man/Wolverine Banter!!!!? NOOOOOOOOOOO the best thing about that team was them two constantly poking each other!

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

You're deeply hurting me.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is New Avengers basically....

Marvel Studios is 2 people short for the film.....it's gonna be difficult.....
    Except if they get at least Spider-Man on it.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Why bother changing the name? Line-ups change sometimes, so why not just call it Avengers 4?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is New Avengers basically....

Marvel Studios is 2 people short for the film.....it's gonna be difficult.....

Except if they get at least Spider-Man on it.

Because it will probably won't have RDJ as Iron Man.And he's a Major player there....the star.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

New Avengers (most likely):

Captain America [Bucky]

Hulk

Dr. Strange

Black Panther

Ant - Man

Black Widow

Scarlet Witch

Quicksilver

Alertcircuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Alertcircuit

@grenadeflow said:

Where does everyone get the Doctor Strange movie being confirmed info from?

Stan Lee practically lets that and Black Panther slip at almost every convention now it seems...

And I wonder if that means Cap, Hulk, etc. will still remain or if it's a whole swapover to the B-listers

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
    AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

probably be

doc strange

black panther

cap

iron-man

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap

Strange

Quicksilver

Hawkeye

Scarlet witch

Ant-man

Black Panther

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.