Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7704 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Marvel NOW!'s "New Universe"

maddpanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By maddpanda

I have to say, I did not see that one coming. New Universe is finally making a comeback in Marvel NOW!'s Avengers! Just wondering, which New Universe characters do you want to see?

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By X35

None because Hickman is writing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Marvel for some reason can not let go of the New Universe, and I'm not sure why. Maybe they think three times is a charm.

The concept behind it was sound, but the two tries so far never gained any significant traction, personally i never really thought much of the titles and characters involved.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By dangallant984

@Brazen_Intellect said:

Marvel for some reason can not let go of the New Universe, and I'm not sure why. Maybe they think three times is a charm.

The concept behind it was sound, but the two tries so far never gained any significant traction, personally i never really thought much of the titles and characters involved.

Some characters are really built on nostalgia. They tried to bring back Luke Cage and Iron Fist from obscurity a few times in the 90's and it never worked, but eventually they moved from laughable C-listers to solid fan favourites leading the Avengers. That makes me think any character can be made to be interesting in the right hands.

Anybody remember what Deadpool was in the beginning? Nothing; not even a bad joke of a character. But, like most of Liefeld's "creations" (Cable, Domino, and Shatterstar, most notably), he was used by enough writers to actually transcend his uninspired beginnings. It's kinda what Marvel (or DC, for that matter) does. Really, most of their best characters have been built this way.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
    SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By SupremeHyperion

DP7 and Star Brand is all I need, sounds cool.

Avatar image for markus_langbourn
    Markus_Langbourn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Markus_Langbourn
    @dangallant984 said:

@Brazen_Intellect said:

Some characters are really built on nostalgia. They tried to bring back Luke Cage and Iron Fist from obscurity a few times in the 90's and it never worked, but eventually they moved from laughable C-listers to solid fan favourites leading the Avengers. That makes me think any character can be made to be interesting in the right hands.

Anybody remember what Deadpool was in the beginning? Nothing; not even a bad joke of a character. But, like most of Liefeld's "creations" (Cable, Domino, and Shatterstar, most notably), he was used by enough writers to actually transcend his uninspired beginnings. It's kinda what Marvel (or DC, for that matter) does. Really, most of their best characters have been built this way.

Luke Cage was never made interesting, he was just shoved down the reader's throat until apathy led to acceptance.
    akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

#7  Edited By akbogert

@maddpanda: I'm clueless. Source?

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By dangallant984

@Markus_Langbourn said:

Luke Cage was never made interesting, he was just shoved down the reader's throat until apathy led to acceptance.

Well I liked him.

That Max series he had before he joined the Avengers, as well as his role in Alias, were the first good stories I'd read with him, and had made me glad that someone hadn't given up on the character, even if it was out of nostalgia. Those stories made me excited to see him on the Avengers.

ANDRELO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By ANDRELO

Starbrand, but i don't know what would happen

maddpanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By maddpanda

@X35 Why the hate for Hickman?

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By xxxddd

All series suck.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Hyperlight

@SupremeHyperion said:

DP7 and Star Brand is all I need, sounds cool.

i agree

i loved the concept of the starbrand.... but the DP7 stories were better. if someone gets the starbrand in 616 and knows how to use it, the superhuman community is gonna be in trouble.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.