Marvel NOW! New Avengers Roster and Premise

• 59 results
#51 Posted by NazarethSavage (214 posts) - - Show Bio

Why don't they, simply not have a "New Avengers" and give the Illuminati their own book? Why call it New Avengers? 

#52 Posted by SUNMAN (7141 posts) - - Show Bio

@NazarethSavage: cause Avengers is a better brand name, and it will sell better.

#53 Posted by NazarethSavage (214 posts) - - Show Bio
@SUNMAN said:

@NazarethSavage: cause Avengers is a better brand name, and it will sell better.

If it doesn't sell on the cast alone..that's sad.
#54 Posted by SUNMAN (7141 posts) - - Show Bio

@NazarethSavage: nothing wrong with covering your bases. And readers might not take the time look at the full rooster. Avengers automatically grabs your attention

#55 Edited by NazarethSavage (214 posts) - - Show Bio
@SUNMAN said:

@NazarethSavage: nothing wrong with covering your bases. And readers might not take the time look at the full rooster. Avengers automatically grabs your attention

You don't have to look at the full roster. If you're a comic reader and you can't identify those on the cover...you're faking it. This book is important. Marvel should just be able to make it known what the premise is and then just put it out. It's false advertising, they aren't the Avengers. Marvel shouldn't have to have 3 Avengers titles..it's overkill. Secret Avengers is "actually" the Avengers and the premise of their team makes sense.
#56 Posted by Twentyfive (2843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Perfect 10: Yeah. S'a shame. The only one I can think of is Dr. Cecilia Reyes. I don't know how well or how much Marvel utilizes her, or whether she would be a good fit.

#57 Posted by maddpanda (51 posts) - - Show Bio

Illuminati have their own ongoing series? Count me in.

#58 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4613 posts) - - Show Bio
I'm glad to.see so many people excited for this team.  I was starting to think I was the only one happy with Marvel NOW!  and yes its a new Illuminati.  But Avengers sounds better, and to me Illuminati sounded like a diplomatic team, and not really a Team. (+) 
#59 Posted by PowerHerc (81645 posts) - - Show Bio

@Moonchilde said:

This just looks like a tweaked Illuminati so far.

Agree.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.