Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7694 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Marvel Now Avengers, does it get better?

Shajita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello there. I've got the first two issues of the Marvel Now Avengers series, and I'm not really feeling it.
    I am a big fan of the characters, but I feel the villain, Ex Nihilo, is beyond uninspired, and the general writing also just feels off.
    I'm not trying to start a flamewar, because I really wanna get into this book. I'm just wondering if anyone else felt underwhelmed by the first couple of issues, but later grew to like the series?`In short, does it get better?

And while on the subject, there is A LOT of Avengers books. Do I need to read more than just this particular series in order to keep track of the events?
    Thanks.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The book gets better. I was in the same boat as you, I thought this new series was a fail and dreaded reading it but after a while it suddenly gets amazing. Around infinity. Also, you may want to read New Avengers as well because it runs parallel to the series. The theme of Avengers is about creation while New Avengers is about destruction (and it's also better than Avengers most of the time). The rest of the Avengers books run independently and just have "Avengers" in them for promotional purposes, really. You don't need to read the rest to know what's going on with this particular book.

Shajita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Shajita

Thanks to the quick response.
    I'll give it another shot then, and maybe take a look at New Avengers as well. Thank god for payday in 6 days. xD

Lordhuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ex-Nihilo ends up being...............Complicated. The Avengers series in question is very much worth a read.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@shajita said:

Hello there. I've got the first two issues of the Marvel Now Avengers series, and I'm not really feeling it.

I am a big fan of the characters, but I feel the villain, Ex Nihilo, is beyond uninspired, and the general writing also just feels off.

I'm not trying to start a flamewar, because I really wanna get into this book. I'm just wondering if anyone else felt underwhelmed by the first couple of issues, but later grew to like the series?`In short, does it get better?

I read the first 13 issues of the new series and got tired of waiting. It's nothing like what I like about the Avengers. Then Infinity started and I decided I'd had enough. Beyond underwhelmed, I actually felt kind of ripped off.

If you're looking for a good self-contained Avengers book, I'd recommend Uncanny Avengers (probably the book most like old-school Avengers comics right now) or Mighty Avengers. The first few issues of Mighty' are ostensibly tie-ins with other stories, but I read them without following those stories and still really enjoyed them. You can read either of those books without reading anything else.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

I don't like the Avengers series, I prefer New Avengers. But to answer your question, it does get better. Especially during its Infinity tie-ins

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I absolutely love everything Hickman's done with the avengers. It's so much better when you read all of his first phase together though (Avengers,New Avengers,Infinity)

Army2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel that the book starts to pick up around issue 3.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By green_skaar

I read the first 13 issues of the new series and got tired of waiting. It's nothing like what I like about the Avengers. Then Infinity started and I decided I'd had enough. Beyond underwhelmed, I actually felt kind of ripped off.

If you're looking for a good self-contained Avengers book, I'd recommend Uncanny Avengers (probably the book most like old-school Avengers comics right now) or Mighty Avengers. The first few issues of Mighty' are ostensibly tie-ins with other stories, but I read them without following those stories and still really enjoyed them. You can read either of those books without reading anything else.

I agree that the two best Avenger series out right now are Mighty and Uncanny.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#10  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@green_skaar said:

I agree that the two best Avenger series out right now are Mighty Avengers and Uncanny Avengers.

yeah. I'm digging New Illuminati too, but, honestly, if those were the only two Avengers books it would still be more than enough for me.

I mean, that's still at least three good Avengers books a month, which is more than we've ever had before..

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By spider11211

I know haters hate but I am loving the Uncanny Avengers right now.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.