Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7704 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Marvel Movie Update - - What's Going On With Thor 2 And Captain America 2

No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here
    Somehow, I think the dude on the left won't be back for movie #2.
    Somehow, I think the dude on the left won't be back for movie #2.

The AVENGERS movie won’t be out until next summer but, c’mon, any news pertaining to Marvel movies in 2012 is old hat at this point. What we really want to know is what’s going on with them in 2013 and 2014, right?

Firstly, THR is saying that Patty Jenkins is the top choice to replace Kenneth Branagh seat in the director’s chair for THOR 2. This would certainly continue Marvel’s track record of creative, outside-the-box choices for these flicks, but I have to say that nothing in her filmography has quite screamed “future THOR director.” Branagh’s Shakespearean spectacles were already pointing in that direction, of course, and Joe Johnston already made a World War II era superhero movie before CAPTAIN AMERICA. I don’t quite see the connection between MONSTER and few episodes of ENTOURAGE, ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT and THE KILLING but this is still very early and she could very well do an excellent job. Still... what an out-of-left-field choice.

If Ms. Jenkins signed, what story would she be handling? EW has a quote from Marvel Studios president, Kevin Feige, regarding the big plans for the sequel…

== TEASER ==
    [The sequel will] take Thor literally to other worlds [and it’ll] primarily be the journey of that character, of he and Jane Foster and how the new dynamic with his father is working out, as well as what are the broader stakes for The Nine Worlds.

Much was already made about the Nine Realms in THOR and CAP, so this shouldn’t be surprising. What I’m curious about, though, is if they’re going to stick to the straight Norse cosmology of Hel, Svartalfheim and Alfheim, et al, or if they’re going to fit these realms to Marvel’s cosmology instead. You know, one realm for the Celestials, one realm for the Kree and Skrulls, and so on.

It’ll be two years until we find out, of course. And it’ll be three years until we find out what the next CAPTAIN AMERICA will look like.

See, Chris Evans recently explained to Indie Wire that his six picture deal with Marvel will likely be limited (which is a relative term here, I know) to three CAP movies and three AVENGERS movies. He doesn’t expect he’ll cameo in any others because of the thorny batch of contract negotiations that would inevitably fall into. He also doesn’t expect CAP #2 will come out until 2014 because THOR 2 and IRON MAN 3 are already coming out summer 2013 and Marvel doesn’t want to overload any one summer.

Has that straightened everything out for you maniacs?

Transmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Transmetal

Want to see Iorn Man 3 the most, but Thor and Cap are amazing too
    Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Sure makes things a lot clearer for me yes! I'm just psyched for Avengers at this point, and look forward to these in the foreseeable future!

kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3  Edited By kennybaese

I'm definitely interested in more Cap. Iron Man 3 should be delightful as well. I'm kind of cool on Thor, though. I thought the movie was kind of mediocre, and it felt way too much like a giant ad and not a movie.

Although, I mostly just want to see Avengers.

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By LordRequiem

Tom Hiddleston, I think was the star of Thor. Hemsworth did an excellent job of course, but the menacingly calm demeanorof Loki was sublime. I hope he reprises his role somewhat at least, after Avengers.

TwistedGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TwistedGamer

so no new hulk news at all so far?

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
    The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

User Lists: 4

I was just watching Arrested Development... LOVE that show.

Wait, what were we talking about again?

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Eh, I don't know about another Captain America. Don't get me wrong, the first one was my favorite movie of this year. It's just that...

It'd have to take place in modern day, and I dunno. I really loved the WWII setting of the movie.

Regardless, I'm sure it'll still be pretty good.

shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 602

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By shawn87

Still so far away....

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Gambit1024

I'm excited about Iron Man 3, and the other sequels. I really hope Iron Man's installment doesn't suck as much as his last one did...

I wanna see Thor fight Surtur in the next one, and Balder seriously needs to be introduced. He's kind of important.

AIM and MODOK are things I'm seriously wanting to see for the Cap sequel, but I won't keep my hopes up.

dewboy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By dewboy01

I believe Thor will be dealing with the Absorbing Man, Captain America will be dealing with modern age Hydras lead by Baron Zemo, and Iron Man will be dealing with Mandarin.

Avatar image for blueninjapanther
    blueninjapanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By blueninjapanther

Iron Man 3 is what I wanna see the most but Thor 2 and Cap2 are good too.

Abriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Abriel

Well I just hope Iron Man 3 doesn't suffer the Third Sequel curse that tends to afflict most superhero genre films (I fear the same for Dark Knight Rises). Given how not exactly thrilling IM2 was though I am not overly optimistic. Boo to no Loki in Thor 2 though...Tom Hiddleston as Loki was outstanding. And gee, ONLY 6 movies? Yeah, gee, I don't know if I could handle seeing cute, cut Chris Evans in ONLY six movies....:)

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
    TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

The sequel too Thor will be a mind blowing adventure story, no doubt about it. On the other hand, I see the sequel to Captain America functioning almost entirely as an espionage story, with SHIELD, AIM, and HYDRA.

Avatar image for spiderman20991992
    spiderman20991992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'd be willing to bet we'll see the winter solider in a movie. cant wait for that!

Zomboid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By Zomboid

I feel like we still have so long to wait =(...but I still look forward to all these movies. At least we have Avengers, Spider-man, and Dark Knight Rises to hold us over til these later movies come around.

Avatar image for thephantomstranger
    thephantomstranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Illuminatus said:

The sequel too Thor will be a mind blowing adventure story, no doubt about it. On the other hand, I see the sequel to Captain America functioning almost entirely as an espionage story, with SHIELD, AIM, and HYDRA.

You mean an action movie disguised as an espionage story right?

I hope Iron Man follows the Indiana Jones model minus the fourth film and Iron Man 3 has Sean Conery an excellent story...even though they did through away the ability to use Demon in a Bottle...

Also Thor 2 The Thor Rises better not trip over their own movie continuity! Oh and the Dark Knight Rises is going to be amazing...I just have no idea how...but it will be dammit!

jkuc316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jkuc316

@Transmetal said:

Want to see Iron Man 3 the most, but Thor and Cap are amazing too

Fixed, and me too!

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
    TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
    @thephantomstranger said:

@Illuminatus said:

You mean an action movie disguised as an espionage story right?

I hope Iron Man follows the Indiana Jones model minus the fourth film and Iron Man 3 has Sean Conery an excellent story...even though they did through away the ability to use Demon in a Bottle...

Also Thor 2 The Thor Rises better not trip over their own movie continuity! Oh and the Dark Knight Rises is going to be amazing...I just have no idea how...but it will be dammit!

No, I meant an espionage story, with a few heavy action sequences thrown in for good measure. The plot would have to be thick and intelligently written.  

How did they throw away the possibility of using the Demon in the Bottle storyline? 

How would Thor trip over it's own "movie continuity"? This is Marvel Studios, not Twentieth Century Fox. Mistakes like those are not made. 
    perry_411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By perry_411

Did anyone else snicker that Captain America made more money internationally than in the U.S?

Avatar image for quiksilver70777
    quiksilver70777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By quiksilver70777

I want to see a Hulk 2 movie. I want to see him take on the leader in part 2. I also would like to see a Hulk 3 were he takes on the Red Hulk.

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Meteorite

Movie Celestials done right = Win

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I am most excited for Iron Man 3

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#23  Edited By Teerack

Why would you think Loki wouldn't be back!? Loki always comes back.

mufabacode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mufabacode

What I was proud of in Cap Movie No 1, was to see Dum Dum Duggy! I always liked this personnage, since the Howling Commandos! It was a great idea to bring him in that FIRST AVENGER movie! Although he's discreet, Dum Dum is a great hero! Can't wait to see him again! MUFABACODE

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By PowerHerc

@Tom Pinchuk: That does kind of map it out nicely. Thanks.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By difficlus

@PowerHerc said:

@Tom Pinchuk: That does kind of map it out nicely. Thanks.

seconded

schmidty207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By schmidty207

My concern is this... 

The loan Marvel got from (I wanna say Merril Lynch) was for a 10 movie deal. 

Avengers will be movie #5. 

There's no doubt the remaining 5 "movies to be" will succeed in making enough money to pay the loan back (if it hasn't been already). 

But what does the future hold once the deal is done? Does M. Lynch get an option to own some of Marvel Studios? Does Disney get a bigger piece of the pie? 

Will Marvel Studios be able to continue making ass-kicking films? 
    Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28  Edited By Moomin123

I'd prefer Matthew Vaughn or the director of Game of Thrones (who was considered before Patty Jenkins) to direct Thor 2 than her.
    Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Chris207 said:

My concern is this...

The loan Marvel got from (I wanna say Merril Lynch) was for a 10 movie deal.

Avengers will be movie #5.

There's no doubt the remaining 5 "movies to be" will succeed in making enough money to pay the loan back (if it hasn't been already).

But what does the future hold once the deal is done? Does M. Lynch get an option to own some of Marvel Studios? Does Disney get a bigger piece of the pie?

Will Marvel Studios be able to continue making ass-kicking films?

Sounds like most of these are Marvel's concerns, not really a fans'.. If the movies are very successful, they can amend or re-write the terms of their original agreement. It happens all the times with franchises. And I doubt any of us have access to the actual agreement - we are just reading news stories from secondary sources. It could well be the case that there are options governing future uses of Marvel Films.

krillian28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By krillian28

Its kinda upseting that Brian Kirk wont be directing thor 2 after seeing his show game of thrones i thought he would be perfect because since game of thrones was kinda like a medieval evil times concept i thought picturing in my mind thor 2 would come out amazing since thor is kinda like a god type i thought to my self he would grip this perfectly but to bad he isn't gonna direct the film but i have faith that someone else can take the ropes.

WonderBoy1132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By WonderBoy1132

For goodness sakes, lets get some female heroes in their own movies...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.