Kevin Feige announces updates to the Captain America sequel

#1 Edited by ChainLinkedFilms (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Recently producer Kevin Feige announced two new details about the Captain America sequel....

1) Captain America will be facing personal challenges after being frozen for nearly 70 years.

2) S.H.I.E.L.D. will be pretty involved in the storyline. (Two predictions: rift developing between Nick Fury and Maria Hill; Steve Rogers developing a close relationship with Sharon Carter.)

To read more about it, please check out this link:

http://dmconnectioncomics.blogspot.com/2012/05/updates-on-captain-america-sequel-and.html

#2 Posted by GTG12 (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds cool. I hope Bucky is in it.

#3 Posted by ChainLinkedFilms (12 posts) - - Show Bio

If I were Feige, I'd try to insert Bucky into the last Captain America film and/or Avengers film.

One thing for sure: I don't think Joe Johnson incorporated Bucky very well in the first Captain America film.

#4 Posted by CrimsonCake (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

To bad Phil Coulson probably won't be able to fight side by side with captain america in this film.

#5 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

bringing bucky back in the 2nd flick is dumb.......the whole point of the winter soldier story is bucky has to have been dead for a while..........bringing him straight back in cap 2 is like "so what?". he's definitely a third film character...............maybe have the winter soldier appear in the shadows ssassinating someone in iron man 3 or something.......but going straight in with the winter soldier story in cap 2 is the dumbest thing they could do.

#6 Posted by MadRooster81 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

bringing bucky back in the 2nd flick is dumb.......the whole point of the winter soldier story is bucky has to have been dead for a while..........bringing him straight back in cap 2 is like "so what?". he's definitely a third film character...............maybe have the winter soldier appear in the shadows ssassinating someone in iron man 3 or something.......but going straight in with the winter soldier story in cap 2 is the dumbest thing they could do.

Agreed. Build up to Winter Soldier in the 2nd movie and aim for him in the third.

#7 Posted by TheCannon (18791 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope MODOK and Baron Von Strucker are the villains. Wait on Zemo and Winter Soldier for Cap 3.

#8 Posted by War Killer (20213 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel's biggest challenge here and something I hope the focus on the most is explaining how Cap is a man out of time and why that's so important to his character and the why he acts and thinks. I also hope they start the movie, maybe in the opening credits, showing Cap actually being found in the ice. They skipped that whole part in the first movie and we saw it for a split second in the Avengers movie, but I hope they showcase it much more heavily in this film.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.