Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7699 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Keep your X-men out of my Avengers

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@decoyelite said:

I want to see an X-Team that is made up of humans and mutants.

Seriously, why can't there be any human X-Men? They are trying to work for peace with humans, so why can't humans get involved?

the X-men had humans and other non mutants join all the time. even sentinels

Longshot - A manufactured humanoid action celebrity from Mojoworld.

Fantomex - Escaped sentinal experiment from the Weapon Plus Program

Mimic - Dad's potion allowed him to mimic mutants powers.

Hepzibah - Extraterrestrial

Lockheed - Alien Dragon from Kitty Pryde's fairy-tale bedtime story. 'Nuff said.

Juggernaut - Ex-champion of Cyttorak

Omega Sentinel - Cyborg sentinel

Bamfs - Not Actually Bamfs. Non-mutants from an alternate dimension.

Sharon Friedlander - Enhanced by a Demon Bear. Acted as a nurse, joined Moira’s X-men.

Tom Corsi - Another Demon Bear victim/member of Moiras X-men.

Charlotte Jones - Detective member, given a suit by Forge. Warren's Girlfriend for a while.

Moira MacTaggert - Maid, Xavier's lover, M16 user, genius. helped the X-men fight demons and created her own faction with forge when the main team were thought dead

Ms./Captain Marvel- long time friend of the X-men who lived with them during her binary phase and acted as an honorary member. even right after AvX, Cyclops was more than willing to recruit her in front of the avengers no less

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

winters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine has probably killed far more people than magneto. Considering his long history involving the many wars he's fought in. The xmen are such hypocrites.

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winters said:

Wolverine has probably killed far more people than magneto. Considering his long history involving the many wars he's fought in. The xmen are such hypocrites.

Wolverine has been developed to such an absurd degree and in such a direction that he is incompatible with his own position in the X-men world. Too much continuity results in over-definition, which will choke the intent behind any character or fictional feature, and he's no exception.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keep em all apart. youre never gonna see one of the premier Avengers join the X-men (i dont count Namor, and Ms. Marvel wasnt premier when she was hanging out with them), so why should X-men bother with the Avengers? for the most part, mutants are portrayed horribly while part of Avengers teams. Cannonball and Sunspot are the resident frat boys, Havok has all but turned into chump whos so busy trying to please Steve Rogers, that hes pretty much lost his spine. Rogue went from being one of the front line X-men to getting sh*t-talked by people who hadnt been part of an Avengers roster in years. Storm was an Avenger for all of a week before that book started a new #1 and booted her from the roster(despite the fact that she fits better as the X-man/Avenger then most). Wolverine is constantly called out for killing people despite the fact that EVERYONE knows that what hes good at. What makes that better is the fact that Steve Rogers (Mr. Hypocrite) has added Sabertooth to the 'unity' teams roster... cause thats a good idea

the only X-man I ever liked as an Avenger was the Beast, but with the way hes being written these days, im not even a fan of him right now

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keep em all apart. youre never gonna see one of the premier Avengers join the X-men (i dont count Namor, and Ms. Marvel wasnt premier when she was hanging out with them), so why should X-men bother with the Avengers? for the most part, mutants are portrayed horribly while part of Avengers teams. Cannonball and Sunspot are the resident frat boys, Havok has all but turned into chump whos so busy trying to please Steve Rogers, that hes pretty much lost his spine. Rogue went from being one of the front line X-men to getting sh*t-talked by people who hadnt been part of an Avengers roster in years. Storm was an Avenger for all of a week before that book started a new #1 and booted her from the roster(despite the fact that she fits better as the X-man/Avenger then most). Wolverine is constantly called out for killing people despite the fact that EVERYONE knows that what hes good at. What makes that better is the fact that Steve Rogers (Mr. Hypocrite) has added Sabertooth to the 'unity' teams roster... cause thats a good idea

the only X-man I ever liked as an Avenger was the Beast, but with the way hes being written these days, im not even a fan of him right now

WOW......ALL of this is TRUE.

This man speaks the truth.

Rob Collier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decoyelite said:
    @decoyelite said:

I want to see an X-Team that is made up of humans and mutants.

Seriously, why can't there be any human X-Men? They are trying to work for peace with humans, so why can't humans get involved?

the X-men had humans and other non mutants join all the time. even sentinels

Longshot - A manufactured humanoid action celebrity from Mojoworld.

Fantomex - Escaped sentinal experiment from the Weapon Plus Program

Mimic - Dad's potion allowed him to mimic mutants powers.

Hepzibah - Extraterrestrial

Lockheed - Alien Dragon from Kitty Pryde's fairy-tale bedtime story. 'Nuff said.

Juggernaut - Ex-champion of Cyttorak

Omega Sentinel - Cyborg sentinel

Bamfs - Not Actually Bamfs. Non-mutants from an alternate dimension.

Sharon Friedlander - Enhanced by a Demon Bear. Acted as a nurse, joined Moira’s X-men.

Tom Corsi - Another Demon Bear victim/member of Moiras X-men.

Charlotte Jones - Detective member, given a suit by Forge. Warren's Girlfriend for a while.

Moira MacTaggert - Maid, Xavier's lover, M16 user, genius. helped the X-men fight demons and created her own faction with forge when the main team were thought dead

Ms./Captain Marvel- long time friend of the X-men who lived with them during her binary phase and acted as an honorary member. even right after AvX, Cyclops was more than willing to recruit her in front of the avengers no less

I can agree on this. All this fighting, it's just makes the rest of us, and the characters look pretty stupid.

Takeshi57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_apollo: He's written badly because no-one knows who the X-Men are because of the MCU. Keeping them separate is going to kill off the X-Men.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_apollo: He's written badly because no-one knows who the X-Men are because of the MCU. Keeping them separate is going to kill off the X-Men.

Dang It this is also true.

Takeshi57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU is the reason why Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch can't be mutants anymore.

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takeshi57: amalgamation isnt a cure though, all that will serve to do is expand the Avengers roster to a ridiculous level and wash the X-men away. the main problem I see for the X-men is a lack of good writing/planning, not a lack of exposure. nothing lasts forever and the MCU is no exception. give it 10-15-25 years and there wont be a Marvel movie coming out every summer, what happens then? the X-men crawl out of their deep, dark, Avengers sized hole?

i dont subscribe to the whole "Marvel is trying to keep mutants down' schtick. I think it comes down to them wanting to ride the successes that the MCU and Disney have brought them, and not taking the time or effort to focus on mutants. Without the movie rights to the X-men/mutants it makes sense for them to throw their support behind the Inhumans, after all, you work with what you've got, and it even makes sense why mutants are joining all these other teams that can and are getting the exposure, such as the Inhumans/Avengers/AIM.

Takeshi57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_apollo: Except that inhumans are a poor substitute, due to them having a rigid caste system. Mutants are rebels and fight against the mainstream, while inhumans ride it to success.

Quite a fitting analogy, given the current state of affairs.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#215  Edited By Invain

No. You keep your Avengers out of my X-Men.

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takeshi57: hey I said it makes sense, I never said I liked it. that is a good analogy though

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No, the X-Men shouldn't be grouped with a band of fascist flatscans. Shut that shit down.

Takeshi57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: Yeah! Inhumans are way less interesting, as on their own they're just... bland. The only time they're not, is when they antagonize or are in a relationship with a non-inhuman.

I remember there being a joke strip that was based on what if none of the former Avengers left, so the team had WAY too many members and that was the joke! MCU post-wave 3 should just be a joke series, due to how many members there'll be.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: and you keep your radical, hypocrite of a band of imbeciles of a team to Limbo.

Thank you X-fans for proving my point. Avengers and X-men can never in the history of recent events work as one. They will always hate each other, mutant problems are an X-men problem and the X-men living in a segregated universe similar to the 1992 cartoon comic will help them far greater.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@voloergomalus: thank you you understand the roles both teams are required to play.

ki_lluminati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

STFU. Quicksilver and scarlet witch have been more than 50 years mutants and 1 year inhuman, so go kill you. they have been hated and feared for to long, LONG LIVE X-MEN

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By HighAccuser

I like both

walter5james

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keep your avengers out of my x-men.

Sentinel_Alpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To answer the OP, ALL the X-Men should be excluded from the Avengers.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. Stumbled on this thread and the hate is astonishing. The extremism of outcasting the X-Men sounds like an absolute horrible idea. It almost came to in the IvX era too. Thankfully, it never came to that.

To say X-Men and Avenger should stay separate is something I do agree with. Saying that the X-Men should be ousted is outright bull.

Jean Grey says it best on how ridiculous the idea of fighting teams are.

No Caption Provided

“They told me of the battles they’d fought, not just struggles for Earth, but against each other. They spoke about these destructive divisions. But, to me, it sounded like petty squabbling. Heroes against heroes. With regular people terrified of both sides. We need to do better. We need to BE better.”

They are genuinely better in their own sectors, but that is no reason for a complete divide. It just takes mere cooperation. And it can and has been done for both low and higher stakes before with both X-Men and Avengers. That is why I am calling this thread utter nonsense. Yes, keep the X-Men in their corner. No, don’t outcast them. They have saved the universe just as much as the Avengers and more than deserve the respect that the Avengers are allotted. And I know for a fact that it has been shown to be possible for the X-Men and Avengers to work together well.

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.