Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7702 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Joss Whedon gives details about Avengers: Age Of Ultron.

• 63 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The man himself gives the fans more informatuion about the highly anticipated sequel to The Avengers.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

NO!

Iron Man helmet becoming Ultron helmet, no Hank Pym, a new version of the origin that includes just the Avengers so far in the films?

So Tony Stark is going to create Ultron, and therefore takes away a huge part of Hank Pyms history?

Not impressed.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

#3  Edited By Extremis

@v_scarlotte_rose: not impressed with your unproven speculation about how Ultron comes about? Me neither. Marvel wouldn't be that obvious would they? I sure hope not.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YESH! Read that it wasn't gonna be the Age of Ultron comic, that's just a title.

Apparently Hawkeye will get some shine too, and the way he described it as being more global sounds interesting.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
    deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

They should make Peter Cullen the voice for Ultron.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose: Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are also confirmed. It's possible that Falcon will join the team as he will be appearing in Captain America:The Winter Soldier.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis said:

@v_scarlotte_rose: not impressed with your unproven speculation about how Ultron comes about? Me neither. Marvel wouldn't be that obvious would they? I sure hope not.

I hope not, but based on what has been said, it seems very possible that they might go with the obvious choice. Iron Man is being presented as the main star in all of this, so maybe they want him to have the biggest link to Ultron.

Whoever it is that creates Ultron, it's annoying that it's not Hank Pym.

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
    TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@extremis said:

I hope not, but based on what has been said, it seems very possible that they might go with the obvious choice. Iron Man is being presented as the main star in all of this, so maybe they want him to have the biggest link to Ultron.

Iron Man is the tech guy in the MCU and the GA, it sucks that they are taking it away from Pym who is the best Avenger in my opinion. Ultron is Pym and Pym is an integral part of Ultron and his hsitory, they are just trying to smear Tony Stark all over.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@extremis said:

Iron Man is the tech guy in the MCU and the GA, it sucks that they are taking it away from Pym who is the best Avenger in my opinion. Ultron is Pym and Pym is an integral part of Ultron and his hsitory, they are just trying to smear Tony Stark all over.

Exactly. This just seems like too big of a plot point to shift to another character.

I'm just wondering what else they might do to take focus away from Hank. I've heard that in the Ant-Man film, Hank will be in the past, with Scott Lang in the present. I'm starting to think they might make Hank a minor character, and give Scott Lang all the glory.

I'd be very unhappy with this. Plus if that happened, Wasp might not be involved at all.

TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thefirstlantern said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@extremis said:

Exactly. This just seems like too big of a plot point to shift to another character.

I'm just wondering what else they might do to take focus away from Hank. I've heard that in the Ant-Man film, Hank will be in the past, with Scott Lang in the present. I'm starting to think they might make Hank a minor character, and give Scott Lang all the glory.

I'd be very unhappy with this. Plus if that happened, Wasp might not be involved at all.

I agree with you, Hank doesn't get enough respect. He should get his own solo movie without Scott Lang. His relationship with Wasp and Ultron is very interesting, no way should that be given to Stark. Only way I can think it MIGHT be Hank as creator and have ultron appear before the Ant-Man solo, is some trick and have the Ant-Man movie take place before Avengers 2, and in Avengers 2 have Ultron, and Ant-Man film show that Hank created him thus not having Hank be in A2 yet still be the creator.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thefirstlantern: I think Ant-Man will be in Avengers 2 and I think that Marvel have planned to release "Ant Man" after it specifically so he has more exposure to Movie Audiences. If he's already been seen in the Avengers:Age Of Ultron, his solo movie will in turn be more successful. I think Whedon is just creating more publicity.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thefirstlantern: I'd be fine with Scott Lang not being involved. I like him, but I'd prefer to see Hank. It would be nice if the film was called Ant-Man & Wasp, as I imagine it would be pretty easy to introduce Janet near the start, and have her become Wasp later in the film. And have him working on robots throughout, with Ultron being activated in the post-credits scene.

The problem is that Joss Whedon said that they're doing Ultrons Origin in Avengers 2. I think that must mean his actual creation. They could maybe work him in somehow, but I'm not sure how they could do it.

ImagineMan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, I feel like having Tony Stark be Ultron's creator makes more sense within the Cinematic universe.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've said it once ill say it again...ANTMAN SUCKS

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By the_tree

Here's a quote from Whedon I found on io9.

We don't have to have him. It works very simply — this is Marvel cinema, not Marvel comics. One thing [Marvel Studios head] Kevin Feige has a genius for is knowing what to hold onto and what to let go of. You can invoke the feeling you had and play with the characters you love and remain true to the needs of the film.

You'll have to wait and and see, but you don't need a Pym to create an Ultron.

TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose: Well yes, that is what irritated me the most. But I guess we shall see in next year's comic-con.

@the_tree said:

Here's a quote from Whedon I found on io9.

We don't have to have him. It works very simply — this is Marvel cinema, not Marvel comics. One thing [Marvel Studios head] Kevin Feige has a genius for is knowing what to hold onto and what to let go of. You can invoke the feeling you had and play with the characters you love and remain true to the needs of the film.

You'll have to wait and and see, but you don't need a Pym to create an Ultron.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. You need Pym.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
    NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

They should make Peter Cullen the voice for Ultron.

Although that would be awesome, I kinda prefer Tom Kane(from emh). Nobody can voice Ultron but those 2!

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Honestly, I feel like having Tony Stark be Ultron's creator makes more sense within the Cinematic universe.

@z3ro180 said:

I've said it once ill say it again...ANTMAN SUCKS

It does! and he does!

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soa: I know I'm a bit annoyed they went this route. Ultron is a great villian but Hank pym is such a crap character. Why not use Thanos as the big bad.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

The computer I'm on won't let me watch the video, but I feel that people are overreacting about the whole Hank Pym thing. Ultron is a very complex character and one of, if not the, most advance AI computer in both comics and will most likely be in the movies as well. So I don't see why they can't make it where BOTH Hank Pym and Tony Stark built Ultron, like how they did in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

So basically tony stark is the guy who makes Ultron?

Mr_Colossus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

We don't know exactly what Whedon has in mind. I have faith in his creativity. Yes, I want Pym to be involved, but I think he could make it work by just mentioning it rather than him be there. Truthfully if Ultron is created by Stark it wouldn't be completely wrong. Stark did build the 5th version of Ultron, because Ultron brain washed him into doing so. Never the less he did help create a version of him. It just so happens tha Hawkeye is the one who ended up defeating this version by knocking him into a vat of adamantium. So if he were to do something along these lines it could work and not completely go away from the comics. I do however see a prime opportunity for him to introduce Vision ( maybe the character Vin Diesel could play ) at the end. This could run into the Ant-Man movie since Vision was basically created to kill Pym. I guess we shall see.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

I personally wouldn't mind if Iron Man was the one who created Ultron, since most movies rarely adapt everything from the source material. If the rumors about Avengers 3 being about Civil War are true, then it would make sense for Iron Man to create Ultron, therefore creating a rift between Captain America and Iron Man and setting up the plot in Avengers 3. However, this is just speculation from what I've heard the last time I've heard about the plans about Avengers 3.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Hank Pym rarely gets any love and NOW they're taking this Away from HIM

NOOOOOOO!

-------------------------------------------------

I mean they could have just mentioned him to the very least like

"Ultron he was created by a S.H.I.E.L.D. scientist named Hank Pym. He was created to serve humanity but now he see's humans as an error that needs to be erased."

We don't have to see Hank just let it be KNOW

oh... God... why... whyyyyy?

*joking*

---------------------------------------------------------------

At least Hawkeye will have a chance to actually act like Hawkeye.

( + )

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose: why is it annoying if its not Hank Pym? It's annoying to you because it doesn't follow the comics but thats nothing new. This is Marvel we're talking about. Their movies matter more to them than their comics now. Welcome to Marvel *Studios*, where the comics mean diddly shit other than to push an established product for big ticket sales.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis said:

@v_scarlotte_rose: why is it annoying if its not Hank Pym? It's annoying to you because it doesn't follow the comics but thats nothing new. This is Marvel we're talking about. Their movies matter more to them than their comics now. Welcome to Marvel *Studios*, where the comics mean diddly shit other than to push an established product for big ticket sales.

I get that some things are going to be different in the films, but this is just such a big change. If they weren't going to have Hank Pym be in any films, I might have been more accepting, but it's supposed to be that he'll be appearing in Ant-Man soon after Avengers 2. Why not just wait and put Ultron in a later sequel and let Hank create him in Ant-Man.

That is if Hank is even in Ant-Man. If they're letting someone else create Ultron, maybe they'll let someone else create the "Pym" Particles.(Scott Lang, Eric O'Grady, Bruce Banner?)

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose: "why not just wait and put Ultron in a later sequel?"

Because now everyone's seen Thanos and has to wait to film 3 to find out more. It's a great idea to pull people in, not for one, but for two more films.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I hope Whedon knows what he's doing if Pym isn't going to be the one to make Ultron anymore.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm cool with this. Iron Man making Ultron makes sense within the context of the MCU, and Whendon is a talented director and writer, and one of the few I would trust to make changes without destroying the movie.

Mr_Colossus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

@wolverine08: I agree, it can be dive very well using what is already in front of us. It stinks that they may not give Pym his due, but I believe Whedon has a plan and he's done good so far. I'll have faith in him until he completely screws up the MCU.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That sucks, I always found the dynamic between Ultron and Hank integral to the two. With Iron Man he'll just shrug it off and say "My bad guys, sorry."

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

The is is stupid

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow...Let's see how it goes.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

I have the strangest urge to drink Dr. Pepper.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#36  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

So Tony Stark is going to create Ultron, and therefore takes away a huge part of Hank Pyms history?

Not impressed.

this was my first impression, too. I'm a huge Hank Pym fan, and to me this sort of feels like they're taking a pretty integral part of his importance to the Avengers mythos away.

Buuut.. I can see how, between Iron Man and the Hulk, two of the most popular characters from the first movie, another scientist character might become redundant to the team dynamic. And it's not like this erases all the good Hank Pym stories, it's just a different thing. I mean, if you'd told me what they changed about X-men for 'First Class, I probably wouldn't have been a fan, but then I ended up really liking that movie.

Also, it could be that Iron Man doesn't create Ultron so much as accidentally brings him online or something. It's been said that in the Ant-man movie, Scott Lang is Ant-man in the present, but still with Pym being his predecessor, so maybe Pym was supposed to have already been retired by the time the Avengers form, and Tony somehow accidentally awakens his creatoin. Then again, if you take Ultron's original origin (which, as much as I love it, is ridiculous) out of the equation and just look at the characters specialties, which one seems more likely to be building robots in the first place?

I dunno, I'm gonna wait and see before I can judge..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That sucks, I always found the dynamic between Ultron and Hank integral to the two. With Iron Man he'll just shrug it off and say "My bad guys, sorry."

I agree.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Killemall

I will be honest, i couldnt care less who creates Ultron, as long as they are true to Ultron as a character.

Yeah i am a bigger fan of Ultron then the majority of Avengers themselves, sue me.

Ultron embodies something special in comics, the dark side of technology as well as what would happen to its creator (Hank) had he no restrain. Ultron brain was based on Hank, it was meant to be his child, and child that loses its path.

Also at least in Ultron head what he is doing isnt wrong, its evolution. Natural evolution is too lengthy and imperfect, he is going what he believes is right, flesh is vulnerable, emotions are flawed, thats why he wants to create a world with robot, which to ultron means perfection.

Give ultron the respect he deserves and i couldnt care less it Hulk ends up being the creator of Ultron :p thats just my take to it.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: Except Ultron still wants a robotic species with individuality.

So his desire to create his kind without emotions is false. But I still want Hnk creating Ultron.

I refuse to have Stark build him.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tigerkaya: With individuality not emotion, he already tried having a character with emotion, Alkhena, and she turned against him.

He does see flesh and emotion as hindering.

TekTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@tigerkaya said:

I agree.

What they said.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By tigerkaya

@killemall: but he still said he wanted a family in his own image when he captured the Williams, Vision, Wanda, Wasp and Hank. So he's not truly a cold lifeless machine.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Killemall

@tigerkaya: He isnt a cold lifeless machine, that much i agree. But he doesnt like emotions, he however likes individuality. His plans even in Ultron Unlimited, which is the series you are referring to, was to turn heroes into Robot, while they would have individuality, they will all be bound into 1 single hive mind, linking to Ultron as the patriarch.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tigerkaya: All said and done, i couldnt care less who creates Ultron, as long as Ultron is true to what he should represent (not just a mindless robot, but a robot who actually does what he believes is right) and make him pretty badass i am ok. I want Ultron to lose with dignity, not just some cheap move, but hey they have Ultron kryptonite in the movie, Wanda.

I am just a weird kind of fan, and i am not as bothered with them not following Ultron's chronology.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: Wanda's Ultron's kryptonite? When did this happen? Is she gonna be OP in this movie?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscars94 said:

@killemall: Wanda's Ultron's kryptonite? When did this happen? Is she gonna be OP in this movie?

She's always been his Kryptonite, Ultron never came up with an answer to her probability manipulation.

We saw the first sign of that in Avengers # 161

Then again in Avengers # 171

No Caption Provided

Wanda's hex rather easily defeated Alkhema, who is exactly copy of Ultron - the rapid upgrade in Avengers vol 3 19

Even in Ultron Unlimited (Avengers vol 3 # 21) Ultron had special safeguard to prevent Wanda from using her hex, honestly he was just outright scared of her power.

No Caption Provided

Ultron power are based on science, his body realies on machine working properly, while Wanda power is magic, chaos magic at that, and her probability manipulation power can just get his machines to malfunction, Ultron doesnt have defense against that, or defense against something he cant understand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.