Josh Holloway to Appear in a Marvel Film

• 75 results
Posted by inferiorego (28275 posts) - - Show Bio

According to AvengersNews, Lost star Josh Holloway could be appearing in the upcoming Avengers film. Prior to this, Holloway was up for the role of Gambit in the Wolverine: Origins film, but due to his strict filming schedule over at Lost, he was unable to participate in the film. 

Nothing is 100% set in stone, according to AvengersNews, but it's starting to look like a sure thing. With the series Lost finally coming to a close, Josh has some free time in his future, and hopefully, he'll take that opportunity to take part in the Avengers film.

Many people are throwing their "who should Josh play" hat into the ring. For those who love The Avengers, you know the original team consisted of Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Ant-Man, and Wasp. (Maybe Jarvis if you really want to count it) The major enemy within the first issue was Loki, who was projecting an image of the Hulk to throw the new team off. As much as we'd all love to see a movie based solely off the comic, it's not going to happen, so we may just have fun with it, especially since the majority of the roles have already been filled. So, who could Josh play within the film?
 == TEASER ==
Winter Soldier: Yes, we're jumping ahead from the early 60s to the mid 00s. but why not? He looks the part, and he'd make a great villain. Captain America's ex-sidekick is working for the Russian government as a brainwashed assassin, and it's up to the Avengers to stop him and the organization he works for. Captain America won't want to kill him, but rather save him. So how do you stop a brainwashed killing machine? Plus, he looks the part.

Kang The Conqueror: Ok, now I'm playing the part of the fanboy. I'd love to see Kang on the big screen, but obviously, the purple headed time traveler won't work. However, a man who just travels through time, conquering civilizations throughout time, with advanced technology, would work. He's one of the Avenger's greatest foes, and although the costume is dated and the character comes off a little cheesy now-a-days, I really think you could make him a darker villain, one who has gone a little crazy from seeing all of time.

Hawkeye: This is one that everyone is hoping for. He could easily play this part, and in addition to that, Hawkeye would be a great supporting character in the film. He'd technically be the only hero without super-powers on the team, so it would add a little more danger to the film knowing that one of these heroes could be killed off just like a normal man.

So what do you guys think? Would Josh be good for a role in this film? Who do you think he could play?

~Mat "InferiorEgo" Elfring is a comedian, teacher, comic book writer, and comic store employee.
#1 Posted by danhimself (22714 posts) - - Show Bio

he would make a great Hawkeye

#2 Posted by jordama (4106 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the hawkeye idea
#3 Posted by Vortex13 (12264 posts) - - Show Bio

He needs a haircut..... and a shave....

#4 Posted by sora_thekey (8185 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" he would make a great Hawkeye "
@jordama said:
" I like the hawkeye idea "
Yup... He's played the "attitude problem, don't care about the world" role before... He could pull it off nicely...
Although if you ask me he would also do  a great Wolverine!
#5 Posted by LT1085 (3635 posts) - - Show Bio

He is the reference for current Iron Man but I believe that role hase been filled quite well. He would be a perfect Clint Barton...No bow and arrow crap though, that doesn't translate well.

#6 Posted by Namor1987 (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye seems like the most reasonable & logical choice

#7 Posted by The-Serg (1 posts) - - Show Bio

He is perfect for Clint

#8 Posted by jordama (4106 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey:
that would be hilarious if they made him Wolverine just to mess with everyone
#9 Posted by Namor1987 (1891 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vortex13: 
Not to be rude or offensive but any role he get's cast in that whole grooming issue & facial hair issue will be addressed come on man it's common sense
#10 Posted by Namor1987 (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

@LT1085 said:
" He is the reference for current Iron Man but I believe that role hase been filled quite well. He would be a perfect Clint Barton...No bow and arrow crap though, that doesn't translate well. "
So you want Ronin not Hawkeye right?
#11 Posted by Benzo (619 posts) - - Show Bio

Not only he would make a great Hawkeye, I think that he would make a great Hank Pym too! 

#12 Posted by LT1085 (3635 posts) - - Show Bio
@Namor1987 said:
"
 @LT1085 said:
" He is the reference for current Iron Man but I believe that role hase been filled quite well. He would be a perfect Clint Barton...No bow and arrow crap though, that doesn't translate well. "
So you want Ronin not Hawkeye right? "
No, it has to be Hawkeye. I mean more like the ultimate universe version.
#13 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18764 posts) - - Show Bio

He would be one epic Hawkeye.

#14 Posted by ironshadow (1455 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
" He would be one epic Hawkeye. "
One epic Ultimate Hawkeye agent of SHIELD.
#15 Posted by Namor1987 (1891 posts) - - Show Bio
@LT1085 said:
" @Namor1987 said:
"
 @LT1085 said:
So you want Ronin not Hawkeye right? "
No, it has to be Hawkeye. I mean more like the ultimate universe version. "
So the gun-toting hi-tech crossbow wielding version?
#16 Edited by blackstormtorrent (150 posts) - - Show Bio

i think he would be great as hawkeye

#17 Posted by MysterioMaximus (927 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye was my first instinct.

#18 Posted by Jake Fury (19203 posts) - - Show Bio

Rick Jones
#19 Posted by Comiclove5 (1258 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
"he would make a great Hawkeye "

Agreed, he would be a perfect Hawkeye.
#20 Posted by hdorman1 (4633 posts) - - Show Bio

i am also going with hawkeye 
he looks like clint  

#21 Posted by Azareus (37 posts) - - Show Bio

He will be better for Thor

#22 Posted by ComicMan24 (147037 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye is a nice idea.

#23 Edited by SoA (5243 posts) - - Show Bio

few times ive seen lost , he has this great splintered attitude when it comes to going against  matthew fox's character (who im guessing is their leader idk ) so seeing him do the same to cap or ironman just seems right he should get the role as clint barton , one of my favorite  avengers . 
as for which version ? 616 hawkeye , the ultimate version should be jeremy renner , those two in those roles respectivley , also no trick arrows . that would be kinda corney lol

#24 Posted by mattydeNero (526 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye is what he's up for I do believe.

#25 Posted by inferiorego (28275 posts) - - Show Bio
@mattydee007 said:
" Hawkeye is what he's up for I do believe. "
nothing set in stone as of yet.
#26 Posted by Vortex13 (12264 posts) - - Show Bio
@Namor1987 said:
" @Vortex13:  Not to be rude or offensive but any role he get's cast in that whole grooming issue & facial hair issue will be addressed come on man it's common sense "
Did I say it wouldn't? I was simply making an observation.... I was kind of joking. What I said had no correlation to what role he may or may not get. I have no clue who he is, he just seems to need a shave and a haircut.... two bits.
#27 Posted by Namor1987 (1891 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vortex13: 
Ok well my bad man next time just type "just kidding" or "jk" because I couldn't tell if you serious or not
#28 Posted by Jim Halpert (58 posts) - - Show Bio

Hank Pym??
#29 Posted by Vortex13 (12264 posts) - - Show Bio
@Namor1987: I like subtlety sometimes.
#30 Edited by Vortex13 (12264 posts) - - Show Bio
@Namor1987: Plus it wasn't a joke, he does need a shave and haircut. It's just not in reference for his requirement for the role.
#31 Posted by Theodore (3445 posts) - - Show Bio

Sawyer for Hawkeye!!

#32 Posted by Bergquist (695 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by Lokheit (489 posts) - - Show Bio

He is perfect for hawkeye, but I'm not sure how he is in the film.

#34 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see him playing Hank Pym, he looks like the Ultimate version.

#35 Posted by Drafta (664 posts) - - Show Bio

My first reaction was Hank, and I'm sticking with it.

#36 Posted by Man of Lengend (997 posts) - - Show Bio

YES!!!! hawkeye please
#37 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2133 posts) - - Show Bio

whatever happened to jeremy renner??  i thought he was hawkeye (he would be PERFECT, though id actually prefer him as hank pym).

#38 Posted by Bruce Vain (1781 posts) - - Show Bio

I still want him as the older Gambit & rather have James Renner (Hurtlocker) as Hawkeye.
#39 Posted by Nyogtha (353 posts) - - Show Bio
@LT1085: Really?! The bow and arrow thing would could be great IF done right. I like Green Arrow in Smallville, but it's cheesy. If you give him a nice compound bow, preferably the big game bows, and more realistic arrows. If anything the mask wouldn't translate well. He wouldn't be Hawkeye without the bows. Guns wouldn't work for him.
#40 Posted by Wolfsbane92 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Emmm, am i the only one who sees him as Sentry?

#41 Posted by LT1085 (3635 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nyogtha:         
#42 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see this guy as Hank Pym maybe, but then again, someone older could be better suited. 
Perhaps this guy could be Hawkeye.
#43 Posted by Omg chris (1590 posts) - - Show Bio

he would be a great hawkeye

#44 Posted by goldenkey (2920 posts) - - Show Bio
@LT1085 said:
" @Nyogtha:          "

I just love this cotume.  I love hawkeye and didn't get into the avengers til the ultimates, and my 2 favorites are with out a doubt hawkeye and captain America.  Since Hawkeye is back as Hawkey I look at the 616 costume and just think (how fucking weak)  He looks like a gay bucconeer.  Really the suit just doesn't work.  I know Im gonna get drilled by the fanboys but I doun't care.  there is nothing cool about his stupid mask and pirate booties.  The Ultimate look is killer, and he comes off menacing, even if its purple.  And before any of you talk shit, Captain Americas ultimate costume is way better, Martian Manhunters lost his booties, and Deathstroke looks better on the cartoon where he's just Slade.  Lose the booties.
#45 Posted by goldenkey (2920 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a feeling that if Hawkey is in the movie and I think he will be because of the demand and because the animosity he can play out with C.A..  I also think they'll use the rendition of him from Ultimate U with bionic eyes, and make him deadly with anything in his hands, and that would be cool.  If they can used the scene from volume 2 Grand Theft America and have him tied down and launch his finger nails into peoples eyes and throats would translate well on screen and tell people just how bad ass he is.  It work with Bullseye in the dreaded Daredevil it can work here as well. 
#46 Posted by reaper2923 (2778 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye would be awesome they should have introduced him in Iron Man 2

#47 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye is the logical choice
#48 Posted by Caligula (12386 posts) - - Show Bio

if he is in the Avengers mabye he is Pym?

#49 Posted by Wolverine0628 (369 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye seems like a good guess to me.

#50 Posted by Nyogtha (353 posts) - - Show Bio
@LT1085: Yea I actually enjoyed the ultimates version but I doubt they would do that when this is going through the original story lines, not ultimate ones. Aside for the way Fury looks. But I think since there is only one version of him that uses guns they'd go with the arrows.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.