John Hickman's Avengers roster revealed!

• 77 results
#51 Posted by GillaDro (233 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine should not be on the Avengers. They need to just keep him with the multiple X titles they already have featuring him.

#52 Posted by Skaddix (3109 posts) - - Show Bio

@Umbraa said:

@fullmetalquach said:

its good that captain marvel is on the team, she needs more exposure so people will accept the change and buy the book which will lead to her series not being cancelled and more marvel super heroines getting their own series

She is a squad leader along with Ironman and whomever is leading the NEW Avengers. Captain is the overall leader/commander. But she's a team leader. That should help.

Well that makes sense. I wonder if they have a set split. They can split into 6 man squads with 3 different leaders or 9 or so man squads between Carol and Ironman

#53 Posted by PassionFlower (957 posts) - - Show Bio

@Umbraa: What are the chances Magneto or Storm being on New Avengers? There has to be a mutant leader I would think...

#54 Posted by Umbraa (915 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skaddix said:

@Umbraa said:

@fullmetalquach said:

its good that captain marvel is on the team, she needs more exposure so people will accept the change and buy the book which will lead to her series not being cancelled and more marvel super heroines getting their own series

She is a squad leader along with Ironman and whomever is leading the NEW Avengers. Captain is the overall leader/commander. But she's a team leader. That should help.

Well that makes sense. I wonder if they have a set split. They can split into 6 man squads with 3 different leaders or 9 or so man squads between Carol and Ironman

I don't think there are any split 6 man teams, which means we could get to see a number of different field leaders.

#55 Posted by Umbraa (915 posts) - - Show Bio

@PassionFlower said:

@Umbraa: What are the chances Magneto or Storm being on New Avengers? There has to be a mutant leader I would think...

Zero, unfortunately. He likes both Magneto an Storm. Hickman named Storm in his top 10 female characters between D.C and Marvel. So that's why I really think it sucks that he isn't going to be allowed to use her. Magneto either... :(

They are not on the team, that doesn't mean they might not show up though.

#56 Posted by PassionFlower (957 posts) - - Show Bio

@Umbraa: What are the chances Storm is in Uncanny Avengers at some point. Brevoort said there was going to be non european members...

#57 Posted by Skaddix (3109 posts) - - Show Bio

@PassionFlower said:

@Umbraa: What are the chances Storm is in Uncanny Avengers at some point. Brevoort said there was going to be non european members...

makes sense I suppose. so possible still storm would be what second to wolverine in total books.

Wolverine: WATXM, Wolverine, All New X-men, Astonishing X-men, Avengers, Uncanny Avengers

Storm: WATXM, All New X-men, Uncanny X-Force, Uncanny Avengers

lets face it the minority options are slim. Monica would be nice though. Still all the good options from the x-side are getting used.

#58 Posted by PassionFlower (957 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skaddix: @Skaddix: When you think about it I don't know whom else makes sense...

#59 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7261 posts) - - Show Bio

@PassionFlower said:

That'd be nice. The Uncanny Avengers roster is disgracefully bland and uninspiring, but then, i'd rather have Brian Wood write her on it if anything else.

#60 Edited by PassionFlower (957 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: I don't understand why Storm isn't leading Uncanny Avengers in the first place, whom is better qualified than she? And when you think of it this would have been a good book for Woods.

#61 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7261 posts) - - Show Bio

@PassionFlower: If you mean why Havok is leading, then i've only got one valid reason: Remender's a Havok fanboy and David's recent X-Factor issues validate why Havok should NOT be in that position, imo.

#62 Posted by Umbraa (915 posts) - - Show Bio

@PassionFlower said:

@AgeofHurricane: I don't understand why Storm is leading Uncanny Avengers in the first place, whom is better qualified than she? And when you think of it this would have been a good book for Woods.

Agreed. After the whole thing that she went through in AvX, leading UA something she should have been tasked with. The thing is writers pretty much choose who they want to write now. If you don't have a writer who is into that character they are screwed. Same was true with Chris Claremont love for her... R. R didn't pick her. Sure she is a possible for Uncanny Avengers, but I'm not so sure I want her there...Rick R, like Bendis LOVES killing off characters and I would rather she not be in those books with a writer like that...keep her with Aaron, Brian Hump and Brian Wood (let him write Storm again somewhere).

Truth is, there should have been a Uncanny Avengers style team a long time ago, lead by Storm and Panther. That's the logical path of that idea, that she was screwed out off.

There needs to be a X-men proper team, not is not the focus on the O5 or the Jean School Kids (W&txm). Put Wood on that...with Storm as the leader and all would be good.

#63 Posted by PassionFlower (957 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe they have given the writers a little too much control because this makes no sense. Editorial control seems mighty weak. UA is supposed to inspire public trust who is better than Storm when it comes to Mutant non-Mutant trust.

#64 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7261 posts) - - Show Bio

The silly thing is, is that the concept and premise of the Uncanny Avengers is nothing new. The woman in question, Storm, already went there years ago with her XSE and it was working until M-Day.

#65 Posted by Skaddix (3109 posts) - - Show Bio

@PassionFlower said:

Maybe they have given the writers a little too much control because this makes no sense. Editorial control seems mighty weak. UA is supposed to inspire public trust who is better than Storm when it comes to Mutant non-Mutant trust.

Simple Havok is there as a puppet leader. He is never been a strong mutant leader, heck he is not even competent. The government wanted a yes man and they found one.

#66 Edited by NYStreets09e (159 posts) - - Show Bio

Just a guess but I'm pretty sure the the following four Members are:

Black panther

Shehulk

Nova

and one more member i can't think of at the moment.

#67 Posted by MrArrogant (149 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@Umbraa said:

@Blood1991 said:

@Umbraa said:

@Umbraa said:

Looks great. BP is more likely to be on NEW Avengers...though Hickman said one member would be on both squads. I bet it's Ironman or BP...he says they will have huge interaction.

does this mean that Black Bolt and Mr. Fantastic are on too?

I was hoping for Storm, BP, Iceman and Songbird, but Iceman and Songbird have already been confirmed to NOT be on the roster. So I'm holding out for Beast and Hank Pym now.

With Storm on a kill squad she is probably been thrown out too unfortunately

Black Panther isn't on the main Avengers 18+ man team to start with....only Ironman is on both Avengers and NEW Avengers. I don't think Hickman is writing Iceman. And that picture is of the NEW Avengers team/book rather then the 18+ Avengers team.

O.o I wonder who else will be on then?

It looks as if it'll be the Illuminati, which would be an interesting spin on the book.

#68 Posted by Umbraa (915 posts) - - Show Bio
"Black Panther is the lynchpin character of New Avengers. The central character. He's very important to the Avengers franchise as a whole." - Tom Brevoort
"Black Panther is certainly the moral center of New Avengers." - Jonathan Hickman
"Avengers is the day book and New Avengers is night. Avengers is how we want the world to be, New Avengers is how it is. One book is about life, one is about death. The logos reflect all this." - Jonathan Hickman
"Do Black Panther and Namor get along? No. Do Namor and Beast get along? No. Do Iron Man and various characters have problems as things get revealed? Absolutely." - Jonathan Hickman
"I don't think people will be surprised to learn that even as these guys go about their job, some will grow to hate one another. This is not a cheery happy story. This is the 'Death Avengers.'" - Jonathan Hickman
Jonathan says he has been dropping New Avengers hints in Fantastic Four and FF with Black Panther, Black Bolt and Reed Richards stuff.
#69 Posted by dmkicksballs13 (110 posts) - - Show Bio

Are the 18 members supposed to be just the Avengers or all the Avenger teams?

#70 Posted by maddpanda (51 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really loving the whole "Cannonball as an Avenger" thing. I've always loved Mr Guthrie

#71 Posted by Thunderscream (1809 posts) - - Show Bio

So this is from the upcoming issue of Avengers. I'm curious about the meaning of the branches here, why they're grouped the way they are and what logos might fill in those empty circles. So we have the core: (clockwise from the top) Captain America, Thor, Black Widow, Iron Man, Hawkeye & Hyperion.

Then there's an inner circle. From Cap: Spider-Woman, Captain Marvel, Falcon & Shang-Chi. From Tony: Wolverine, Spider-Man, Sunspot & Cannonball.

And an outer circle. From Thor: Hulk, Captain Universe, Smasher & an empty slot. From Hawkeye: Manifold & 3 empty slots.

Then those ominous top and bottom orbs.

Is there a purpose behind this arrangement or did the graphic just look cool? Is it a coincidence that all the mutants are grouped together? What does the 2nd ring around Cap A, Cap U, Iron Man, Manifold and the 2 outermost orbs signify?

SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!

#72 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Thunderscream: I don't know who goes in which slots, but if you add the Uncanny Avengers who aren't on the main team (Havoc, Rogue, Scarlet Witch, Wasp, Wonderman, and Sunfire) to the 18 members we already know about, that's 24 slots filled, so I imagine that's the idea, since both New Avengers (the Illuminati) and Secret Avengers (SHIELD) are technically secret teams not officially associated with the main team.

#73 Posted by gethere (164 posts) - - Show Bio

@Thunderscream: You actually have it backwards with Hyperion and the hulk, as the hulk is core with the H an Hyperion in next to Thor with the the radiation symbol ( which is totally confusing I know), as radiation is normally thought as something relating to the hulk. Though in in this situation it is for Hyperion as the the radiation symbol is on Hyperion costume.

#74 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

@Thunderscream said:

So this is from the upcoming issue of Avengers. I'm curious about the meaning of the branches here, why they're grouped the way they are and what logos might fill in those empty circles. So we have the core: (clockwise from the top) Captain America, Thor, Black Widow, Iron Man, Hawkeye & Hyperion.

Then there's an inner circle. From Cap: Spider-Woman, Captain Marvel, Falcon & Shang-Chi. From Tony: Wolverine, Spider-Man, Sunspot & Cannonball.

And an outer circle. From Thor: Hulk, Captain Universe, Smasher & an empty slot. From Hawkeye: Manifold & 3 empty slots.

Then those ominous top and bottom orbs.

Is there a purpose behind this arrangement or did the graphic just look cool? Is it a coincidence that all the mutants are grouped together? What does the 2nd ring around Cap A, Cap U, Iron Man, Manifold and the 2 outermost orbs signify?

SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!

is right. You've gotten Hulk and Hyperion mixed up. 6 open spots. I'm thinking Nightmask and Starbrand will become members. Probably at the peak of Tony and Cap's lines.

#75 Posted by Thunderscream (1809 posts) - - Show Bio

@gethere: @knighthood: Ah, that does make more sense for Hulk to be in the core

#76 Posted by flazam (2470 posts) - - Show Bio

take off Spider woman add in Giantman

#77 Posted by Veitha (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

I read that there will be new members in the team after Infinity

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.