John Hickman's Avengers roster revealed!

• 77 results
#1 Edited by MrArrogant (149 posts) - - Show Bio

Courtesy of bleeding cool, we have our first look at the first 3 covers for the upcoming Avengers comic; which form a connecting cover revealing the team's new members.

To make it clear, the team features Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Captain Marvel, Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, Wolverine, Sunspot, Canonball, Falcon and a new mystery character in the back-round.

I'm counting fourteen members, so presumably there are still 4 members to be announced (seeing as it was announced there would be 18 members) so I'm hopeful to see characters like Vision and Black Panther added to this roster.

So what do you guys think? Are you pleased with the cast? Are you frustrated to see Wolverine still on the team? Are there any other characters you hope are added? Personally I am very pleased to see Captain Marvel on the team, as I've really been enjoying her own series and am glad she'll be getting more exposure. Also, it that the green hulk I see? What happened to big red? And what's with the addition of some X-men characters? Lots to discuss and ponder surely, so I'll leave that up to you guys!

EDIT: The story is also available on newsarama.

#2 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

Cannonball is an Avenger now? Hell freaking yes. I like a lot of what I'm seeing here.

#3 Posted by Loki9876 (3039 posts) - - Show Bio

okay but I still want black panther and vision. oh and Hank Pym.

#4 Posted by MrArrogant (149 posts) - - Show Bio

@Loki9876 said:

okay but I still want black panther and vision. oh and Hank Pym.

I forgot Hank Pym, by issue 12 there will be 18 characters so there's still hope they will be included (and I sure hope they will).

#5 Posted by gethere (163 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool line up.

#6 Posted by Aiden Cross (15526 posts) - - Show Bio

I cant get used to the name Captain Marvel. It's still Ms. Marvel to me.

#7 Posted by BushidoBlack (116 posts) - - Show Bio

Good line up. Four members are missing from the covers. Hickman confirmed Shang Chi was one of them a while back.

#8 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Cannonball and Sunspot would be on the Uncanny Avengers roster. Maybe they'll be on both.

Also, it seems like X-Men are joining the Avengers, while no Avengers are joining any X-books. Like I assumed, the Avengers are the ones be propped up and pushed.

#9 Posted by Batnandez (511 posts) - - Show Bio

those costumes are awful

#10 Posted by Lvenger (21143 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine and Spider-Man have plenty of books to themselves. Seeing them still on the Avengers is annoying. However a larger lineup is a big thing and the roster looks mostly superb with classic Avengers like Cap, Thor and Iron Man alongside Sunspot, Cannonball and Falcon, all lesser exposed characters. Hopefully Vision, T'Challa and some more female members will be added. Also

#11 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13622 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh

#12 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah. Boring.

#13 Posted by Veitha (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

But that is Sunspot or the original Human Torch? I hope it's the Torch coz I hate Sunspot

#14 Posted by allthatsgeek (127 posts) - - Show Bio

@Veitha: I hope it's the Human Torch. Sunspot isn't Avengers material.

#15 Edited by Silver_Raven (351 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope there will be more X-men on this team. I want to see Storm and Beast on the roster since they were on it before and should even more so NOW!.

I also feel they need some more power behind the team and who better than some X-woman. Psylocke would be great since she is psychic powerhouse as well as a bloody ninja! And the Avenger really need a telepath. Polaris and Magma would be also great assets on the team with their vast powers. One controls the magnetic fields the other tectonic plates. Pretty impressive. And as for real bad ass someone like Dani Moonstar would be perfect for the team. I am hoping she will be repowered post AVX but if she isn't she still an awesome character with ties to the Avengers, SHIELD, and Asgard, as former Valkyrie.

I really hope that burning man on the cover is Sunspot. It's a stretch but he would add a great powerset and diversity to the team. I also would not mind seeing Domino, Warpath, and/or new vampire Jubilee join the team. Or former Dark X-men Mimic, Cloak and Dagger.

I am an X-fan. So if the Avengers wants to bring us in they will include some cool character for us to follow.

#16 Posted by desmond006 (598 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks alright. I hope they add more female characters.

#17 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Aww man. I just hope we get a BP book sometime in the near future before Marvel forgets about his huge power boost, and makes him miserable.

#18 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

Sunspot and Cannonball ? These two are not among the top of the list for X-Men to crossover IMO, remove them and Falcon and the line-up is pretty decent is lacking originality.

#19 Posted by Umbraa (912 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks great. BP is more likely to be on NEW Avengers...though Hickman said one member would be on both squads. I bet it's Ironman or BP...he says they will have huge interaction.

#20 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7956 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting to see some of the New Mutants in the line up, definitely going to be picking this up in trade if Hickman stays true to form.

#21 Posted by derf_jenkins (429 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Wasp, Ant Man and Capt. America is the group I would like to see and have it pretty much stick to that.

#22 Posted by Tase (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously Flacon? Hate that guy! But well I will still get at least the first couple of Issues^^

#23 Posted by PowerHerc (85335 posts) - - Show Bio

I like seeing Cannonball on the team.

I don't see why Spider-Man and the Falcon are on it, though.

#24 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

Cannonball is an Avenger now? Hell freaking yes. I like a lot of what I'm seeing here.

Ye-Yeah.

#25 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2146 posts) - - Show Bio

whos gunna be in unccany avengers if every ones here

#26 Posted by TDK_1997 (15063 posts) - - Show Bio

The roster is big and I'm digging it.Cannonball is an Avenger,cool.Wolverine and Spidey are still Avengers which is awesome and I love it.

#27 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Really really unimaginative and lame.

#28 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio
@X35 said:

Really really unimaginative and lame.

Yup. Terrible.  

Also Hawkeye and Iron Man in their movie costumes (Iron Man's being the Mark VIII from IM3). Pathetic.
#29 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10130 posts) - - Show Bio

Little interesting, just a little, cause da X-men. Soon the mutants will be so down graded, no book with them will be interesting ...I wanna put a a kidding face but..that might happen so...

#30 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (6034 posts) - - Show Bio

@Aiden Cross said:

I cant get used to the name Captain Marvel. It's still Ms. Marvel to me.

how bout Ms Captain Marvel?

#31 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah. This what i don't get. I mean, it's obvious that Marvel's at their wits ends in trying to make The Mighty Avengers look good, and sales of Uncanny X-Men have proven who trumps in that department, but pushing two franchises together after a war that was supposed to draw them further apart makes no sense, it's just...idiotic and a desperate attempt to syphon money, aren't even the proper terms to describe this act.

Which shouldn't be much of a suprise but this is still dog poop. The X-Men and the Avengers are two seperate franchises, they should STAY seperate.

Things like this and Uncanny Avengers (oh please, that's a load of crap, too.) are dumb. Uncanny Avengers is a complete bastardization of the original Uncanny X-Men. Steve Rodgers and the rest can keep their noses OUT of Mutant related matters.

dfdsfsdfskdmnfsdnfosjnjsbdoajsbdjosanjnosajbchasbdcashbdihasbdhsdbhsadjasdksabndjasdasbndkasdbahkdbaskd.

#32 Posted by daredevil21134 (12618 posts) - - Show Bio

I was really hoping Spidey and Wolverine wouldn't be there

#33 Posted by BloodTalon (440 posts) - - Show Bio

Replace Spiderwoman ( I hate her she is just plain crap ) with Storm and put Beast, Black Panther and Hank Pym on the team.

I am glad to see that Wolverine and Spiderman are still hear I like them on the team.

#34 Edited by tg1982 (2712 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the roster. The only question I have is concerning Black Widow, She'll still be in Winter Soldier right?

Oh, and bring back Wasp. I miss her.

#35 Posted by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the roster but hate the concept behind this a lot. There won't be much of a point in having the X-Men existing anymore if all are joining the Avengers. Sorry, Remender, this idea just isn't for me.

#36 Posted by knighthood (1744 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrArrogant said:

Are you pleased with the cast? Are you frustrated to see Wolverine still on the team? Are there any other characters you hope are added?

Personally, I hate it. Wolvie needs to stop being on every team. I dislike large rosters. Why does every Marvel hero need to be an Avenger?

#37 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@knighthood:

I guess the pay is good and the retirement for an Avenger is to die for.

#38 Posted by Strafe Prower (11892 posts) - - Show Bio

I need to see Vision on the Avengers, then I'll be happy.

#39 Posted by knighthood (1744 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer 5 to 8 members on comic teams. Out of this group, I'd like to see Iron Man, Hawkeye, and Cap Marvel on the team. I'd throw in Vision, Antman, and Wasp. Of course Hulk, Cap Am, and Thor would make cameos on a regular basis.

#40 Posted by Umbraa (912 posts) - - Show Bio

@Umbraa said:

Looks great. BP is more likely to be on NEW Avengers...though Hickman said one member would be on both squads. I bet it's Ironman or BP...he says they will have huge interaction.
#41 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully Cap, Thor and Wolverine won't get too much of a focus otherwise what's the point of Uncanny Avengers?

#42 Posted by RoboShark (1283 posts) - - Show Bio

My balls melted.

#43 Posted by fullmetalquach (94 posts) - - Show Bio

its good that captain marvel is on the team, she needs more exposure so people will accept the change and buy the book which will lead to her series not being cancelled and more marvel super heroines getting their own series

#44 Posted by Umbraa (912 posts) - - Show Bio

@fullmetalquach said:

its good that captain marvel is on the team, she needs more exposure so people will accept the change and buy the book which will lead to her series not being cancelled and more marvel super heroines getting their own series

She is a squad leader along with Ironman and whomever is leading the NEW Avengers. Captain is the overall leader/commander. But she's a team leader. That should help.

#45 Posted by Night Thrasher (3708 posts) - - Show Bio

Jonathan HIckman is writing. He could have Alvin and the Chipmunks on the roster and I'd still pull at least 3 issues!!!!!

#46 Edited by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@Umbraa said:

@Umbraa said:

does this mean that Black Bolt and Mr. Fantastic are on too?

I was hoping for Storm, BP, Iceman and Songbird, but Iceman and Songbird have already been confirmed to NOT be on the roster. So I'm holding out for Beast and Hank Pym now.

With Storm on a kill squad she is probably been thrown out too unfortunately

#47 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (7994 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther and Vison should get in this. the roster is too big though

#48 Posted by Umbraa (912 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@Umbraa said:

@Umbraa said:

I was hoping for Storm, BP, Iceman and Songbird, but Iceman and Songbird have already been confirmed to NOT be on the roster. So I'm holding out for Beast and Hank Pym now.

Black Panther isn't on the main Avengers 18+ man team to start with....only Ironman is on both Avengers and NEW Avengers. I don't think Hickman is writing Iceman. And that picture is of the NEW Avengers team/book rather then the 18+ Avengers team.

#49 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@Umbraa said:

@Blood1991 said:

@Umbraa said:

@Umbraa said:

Black Panther isn't on the main Avengers 18+ man team to start with....only Ironman is on both Avengers and NEW Avengers. I don't think Hickman is writing Iceman. And that picture is of the NEW Avengers team/book rather then the 18+ Avengers team.

O.o I wonder who else will be on then?

#50 Posted by Video_Martian (5562 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

Meh

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.