Is the Avengers Assemble title canon?

#1 Posted by ThanoStomp (789 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen this question thrown out in posts before but never seen an answer. I read the first 5 books and gawd I hope its NOT canon!!! Characters like Hulk and Thanos just seem so out of context with what they are doing and who they are in other current books.

#2 Posted by Umbraa (915 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, it's cannon.

#3 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThanoStomp said:

Characters like Hulk and Thanos just seem so out of context with what they are doing and who they are in other current books.

Bendis.

#4 Posted by The_jackolantern (445 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it wasn't cannon. Thought it was meant to be for noobs that watched the film

#5 Posted by Umbraa (915 posts) - - Show Bio

No sir, per Tom Brevoort it's 100% cannon.

#6 Posted by ThanoStomp (789 posts) - - Show Bio

That blows. Its a terrible book and terrible representation of some of the characters.

And I sincerely hope that the books with Thanos are not the basis for the Avengers 2 movie.

#7 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

Canon but resonates with profound irrelevancy.

#8 Posted by Umbraa (915 posts) - - Show Bio

I think is sucks as well. So I ignore it. I haven't read K.S very yet..

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.