Is Hickman still planning on having a roster of 25 Avengers?

#1 Edited by PrimeDirective (451 posts) - - Show Bio

I know the current team consists of:

Black Widow

Cannonball

Captain America

Captain Marvel

Captain Universe

Falcon

Hawkeye

Hulk

Hyperion

Iron Man

Manifold

Shang-Chi

Smasher

Spider-Woman

Sunspot

Superior Spider-Man

Thor

Wolverine

And I know that in the last issue Star Brand, Nightmask, Ex Nihilo, and Abyss joined, but that only brings us up to 22. Originally he had said the roster would hold 25. Do you think that idea got scrapped or do you think he's still planning to do the full 25? If so, who do you think will join and why?

#2 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he still plans on adding more. Remember they keep saying bigger.

I do like the idea of selecting members to fit the situation, much like Justice League Unlimited did.

#3 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's 24, not 25.

#4 Posted by The Stegman (23201 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh, that's way too many characters for one title...feels bloated as heck.

#5 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

I do like the idea of selecting members to fit the situation, much like Justice League Unlimited did.

This.

Plus don't the Uncanny Avengers and Mighty Avengers count as well? Or were they just speaking specifically of Hickman's book?

#6 Edited by PrimeDirective (451 posts) - - Show Bio

@knighthood said:

@spider11211 said:

This.

Plus don't the Uncanny Avengers and Mighty Avengers count as well? Or were they just speaking specifically of Hickman's book?

No, the Uncanny Avengers don't seem to count. It was 25 specifically for Hickman's book.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.