Iron man made it official: Avengers movie in ten years

#1 Posted by Echoes (154 posts) - - Show Bio

Estimate, not actual

If they do go through it, Ultron needs to be the villain.

#2 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Echoes says:

"Estimate, not actualIf they do go through it, Ultron needs to be the villain."

Ten years?^^

#3 Posted by Boken (7756 posts) - - Show Bio

Echoes says:

"Estimate, not actual If they do go through it, Ultron needs to be the villain."

nah not ultron i heard they might call them to take out the hulk but thats the rumor that i heard

#4 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

IRONMAN WAS AWESOME!!!

#5 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0848228/

"When Captain America is awakened from an icey prison, and some of the greatest evils earth has seen are born, the Avengers go into action. Captain America, Iron-Man, Hulk, Wasp, Ant-Man and Thor. Will they be able to stop the likes of Loki and the Masters of Evil? "

#6 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Who should play, Ant Man, Thor, Wasp... AND CAP!!??

#7 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno, I'm excited about a possible Avengers movie, but I don't think that we should get our hopes all up. And I wouldn't call all of this official, either.

(And fighting the Masters of Evil would be too much for one, two-hour, movie.)

#8 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

idk, the more heroes you have the worse the movie gets. look at the xmen movies. you dont have enough time to show the character's personalities when you have a bunch of them and you have to show their powers. but avengers might be ok because there's only five or six and most of them aren't that powerful... when they first start out. but they'd better not try bringing in the masters of evil too. that's way too many characters to try and concentrate on. one villain would be the way to go. just loki in the first movie.

#9 Posted by danhimself (22534 posts) - - Show Bio

dude they've been talking about the simon peg directed avengers movie for years i don't see it happening for along time if they do it all...it's cool that marvel is planting the seeds for it in their current movies but this has got to be the most ambitious movie idea of all time and the first time anyone has every attempted anything on such a huge level...i think that since it will be the first movie of it's kind it's destined to fail but at the same time set the ground work for movies to come after it

#10 Posted by danhimself (22534 posts) - - Show Bio

i think that they're trying to address the problem of having too many characters in a 2 hour movie by giving each of the avengers a movie of there own before they bring them all together

#11 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

lol cant wait for the antman movie

#12 Posted by Kain Echnida (1750 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"lol cant wait for the antman movie"

Yup. Maybe he'll beat his wife in it. :)

#13 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish it would be this one^^

#14 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Warlock360 says:

"I wish it would be this one^^
" />http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/7000/6774/79527-ant-man_400.jpg"

And right before that this happens

#15 Posted by The Gingerbread Man (22 posts) - - Show Bio

#16 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

;P

#17 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio

i thought it comes out in 2010

#18 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Warlock360 says:

"#OMFG!!! SPOILERS AHEAD!!!http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0848228/"When Captain America is awakened from an icey prison, and some of the greatest evils earth has seen are born, the Avengers go into action. Captain America, Iron-Man, Hulk, Wasp, Ant-Man and Thor. Will they be able to stop the likes of Loki and the Masters of Evil? ""

#19 Posted by Echoes (154 posts) - - Show Bio

Boken says:

"Echoes says:
"Estimate, not actual If they do go through it, Ultron needs to be the villain."

nah not ultron i heard they might call them to take out the hulk but thats the rumor that i heard"

that would be gay.

LOKI? No, they should do that for thor's movie.

they can't go wrong with ultron. It's simple and he's powerful enough to wipe the floor with everyone.

#20 Posted by Echoes (154 posts) - - Show Bio

Warlock360 says:

"Echoes says:
"Estimate, not actualIf they do go through it, Ultron needs to be the villain."

Ten years?^^"

Well....yeah..

This is huge, and they have to establish like how many heroes before doing it? Along with getting the actors back for it, who knows? THey might not want to go through with it and they'd have to find someone else to play the roles (Toby is sure hellbent on not waning to do spiderman anymore, thats for sure).

Then again im not in show biz so who knows?

#21 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio

this is my opinion but these are some actors/ actresses i think should play the part.....

Captain America

Brad Pitt(Not quite sure but maybe)

Iron-Man

Robert Downey jr.

Hulk(as Bruce)

Edward Norton

Wasp

Halle Berry(same not quite sure)

Spider-Man

Toby McGuire

Ant-Man

Eric Bana

Thor

Mathew McConaughey (not sure on this one either)

#22 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think it will be 10 years for a couple of reasons. Firstly, Downey Jr and Sam Jackson aren't spring chickens, there's no guarentee they'll be up for it then. Secondly, ten years is a long time to have a movie in development without a payday. There is no way to keep the production team together that long.

#23 Posted by danhimself (22534 posts) - - Show Bio

i say no on matthew mcconaughey, no on halle berry and spider-man shouldn't even be in the movie but the others are ok, for some reason i think brad pitt would be a good captain america

#24 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree on McConaughey (I just don't like him) and Berry, plus Berry has already played Storm anyway. I'm not sure about Brad Pitt, I think he could do it but (he says realizing he is beginning to sound ageist) he is getting on a bit, he is older than Downey Jr. That's probably more an issue for a sequel though.

Not sure who I'd pick for Cap, it needs to be someone who can pull of that whole "man out of time" thing and seem genuinely lost and a bit naive in the modern world.

I'd like to see Spidey in it though.

#25 Posted by danhimself (22534 posts) - - Show Bio

no i don't want spidey in it! i want classic avengers and thats it! as for the villian i think it's got to be loki maybe the thor movie could end with a cliffhanger of thor getting his ass handed to him and right as it ends the rest of the avengers step in to help him fight loki

#26 Posted by Echoes (154 posts) - - Show Bio

Brad pitt F'ING HELL NO!!!!

Seriously though, Brad Pitt? You'ed have to be smokin some good weed to think he would rep the cap well. Those are shoes to great to be filled by the likes of him (no offense to all who actually like him)

And Halle is Storm in Xmen, so far there's no actor that has played a different role in a marvel movie that I know of (Stan doesn't count) so I dont know how they'd do that. Isn't Janet Van white anyway?

#27 Posted by danhimself (22534 posts) - - Show Bio

Echoes says:

"Brad pitt F'ING HELL NO!!!! Seriously though, Brad Pitt? You'ed have to be smokin some good weed to think he would rep the cap well. Those are shoes to great to be filled by the likes of him (no offense to all who actually like him) And Halle is Storm in Xmen, so far there's no actor that has played a different role in a marvel movie that I know of (Stan doesn't count) so I dont know how they'd do that. Isn't Janet Van white anyway?"

isn't the kingpin white?

#28 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I want to hate Brad Pit, (he looks to much like me, people keep mistaking me for him), he is a good actor, giving great performances in the films I've seen him in. "Those are shoes to great to be filled by the likes of him" nearly made me wet myself. While he is a great character, easily one of the best, I fear you are taking him a little too seriously.

#29 Posted by Echoes (154 posts) - - Show Bio

danhimself says:

"Echoes says:
"Brad pitt F'ING HELL NO!!!! Seriously though, Brad Pitt? You'ed have to be smokin some good weed to think he would rep the cap well. Those are shoes to great to be filled by the likes of him (no offense to all who actually like him) And Halle is Storm in Xmen, so far there's no actor that has played a different role in a marvel movie that I know of (Stan doesn't count) so I dont know how they'd do that. Isn't Janet Van white anyway?"

isn't the kingpin white?"

Point taken...

#30 Posted by Green Flash (155 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm thinking it'll come out more around 2011 especially if marvel keeps doing like 2 heroes a summer. What if it's just cap hulk iron man and thor with Fury?

#31 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Constantine says:

"this is my opinion but these are some actors/ actresses i think should play the part..... Captain America Brad Pitt(Not quite sure but maybe) Iron-Man Robert Downey jr. Hulk(as Bruce) Edward Norton Wasp Halle Berry(same not quite sure) Spider-Man Toby McGuire Ant-Man Eric Bana Thor Mathew McConaughey (not sure on this one either)
" />http://www.etonline.com/media/photo/2007/09/31255/400_mmcconaughey_070919_kwinter_72828363.jpg"

Holy overly-expensive cast, Batman!!

#32 Posted by Green Flash (155 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by Green Flash (155 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Warlock360 says:

"#OMFG!!! SPOILERS AHEAD!!!http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0848228/"When Captain America is awakened from an icey prison, and some of the greatest evils earth has seen are born, the Avengers go into action. Captain America, Iron-Man, Hulk, Wasp, Ant-Man and Thor. Will they be able to stop the likes of Loki and the Masters of Evil? ""
#35 Posted by Sinistron (103 posts) - - Show Bio

I see this is a comic geeks fantasy but its probibly gonna be very hard to do i hope they director of ironman does some more marvel movies plus i think its time to start making the movies seem like their all in the same universe so far i can see Iron man, Spider-man, and the Fantastic four in the same universe.... but the others i can't

#36 Posted by Death Flame (505 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm...iron man was a excellent movie...and about the avnegres movie i think more like 5 or 6 years before it comes out...but i know it will be awesome and worth the wait =)

#37 Posted by Vance Astro (91220 posts) - - Show Bio

If you didn't already know Avengers was coming out...your way behind.

#38 Posted by danhimself (22534 posts) - - Show Bio

Following a huge box-office performance of Iron Man over the weekend, Marvel Entertainment on Monday announced a series of Avengers films, beginning with an Iron Man sequel.

Iron Man 2 is scheduled for an April 30, 2010 release. During its first quarter conference call on Monday morning, Marvel Studios' David Maisel said that the date will continue Marvel's tradition of kicking off the summer movie season. "We view that as an optimum time," Maisel said.

Thor is scheduled for a June 4, 2010 release and The First Avenger: Captain America for May 6, 2011, with The Avengers for July 2011.

Maisel did not list personnel for an Iron Man sequel, but stars Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow and Terrence Howard are all signed for three films, and director Jon Favreau has expressed interest in returning.

"It would be premature to discuss any kind of detail at this point in time," Maisel said. "We're going to roll up our sleeves and get to work."

Maisel said Iron Man 2 will be used to introduce Thor. He also noted The First Avenger: Captain America is a working title.

Ant-Man remains on Marvel's development slate, with no scheduled release date.

Maisel said one week of post-production remains on The Incredible Hulk, which is scheduled for June 13.

"We're extremely happy with the results," he said of Hulk, noting that the television marketing for the film will begin on May 19 and that Universal is reporting that the Hulk trailer is the most viewed in the studio's history.

Asked about chances of expanding Hulk into a franchise, Maisel said Marvel won't reveal any plans until after the release of The Incredible Hulk. "We definitely plan on continuing," Maisel said.

Marvel's outsourced movies schedule remained unchanged Punisher: War Zone from Lionsgate on Dec. 5 and X-Men Origins: Wolverine from 20th Century Fox on May 1, 2009.

Maisel said development of Spider-Man 4 continues with Sony Pictures. "I can't give any other updates other than to say it's in development and everybody's excited about Spider-Man 4," he said.

Marvel also announced animation plans.

The new Iron Man series -- which, like Wolverine and the X-Men, will debut in spring 2009 on Nicktoons -- has been titled Iron Man: Armored Adventures.

New series announced include Hulk Gamma Corps and Super Hero Squad.

Direct-to-DVD movies will include Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow for late 2008, Hulk Vs. for early 2009, Thor: Son of Asgard for late 2009 and Planet Hulk for early 2010

#39 Posted by Echoes (154 posts) - - Show Bio

danhimself says:

"Following a huge box-office performance of Iron Man over the weekend, Marvel Entertainment on Monday announced a series of Avengers films, beginning with an Iron Man sequel.Iron Man 2 is scheduled for an April 30, 2010 release. During its first quarter conference call on Monday morning, Marvel Studios' David Maisel said that the date will continue Marvel's tradition of kicking off the summer movie season. "We view that as an optimum time," Maisel said.Thor is scheduled for a June 4, 2010 release and The First Avenger: Captain America for May 6, 2011, with The Avengers for July 2011.Maisel did not list personnel for an Iron Man sequel, but stars Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow and Terrence Howard are all signed for three films, and director Jon Favreau has expressed interest in returning."It would be premature to discuss any kind of detail at this point in time," Maisel said. "We're going to roll up our sleeves and get to work."Maisel said Iron Man 2 will be used to introduce Thor. He also noted The First Avenger: Captain America is a working title.Ant-Man remains on Marvel's development slate, with no scheduled release date.Maisel said one week of post-production remains on The Incredible Hulk, which is scheduled for June 13."We're extremely happy with the results," he said of Hulk, noting that the television marketing for the film will begin on May 19 and that Universal is reporting that the Hulk trailer is the most viewed in the studio's history.Asked about chances of expanding Hulk into a franchise, Maisel said Marvel won't reveal any plans until after the release of The Incredible Hulk. "We definitely plan on continuing," Maisel said.Marvel's outsourced movies schedule remained unchanged Punisher: War Zone from Lionsgate on Dec. 5 and X-Men Origins: Wolverine from 20th Century Fox on May 1, 2009.Maisel said development of Spider-Man 4 continues with Sony Pictures. "I can't give any other updates other than to say it's in development and everybody's excited about Spider-Man 4," he said.Marvel also announced animation plans.The new Iron Man series -- which, like Wolverine and the X-Men, will debut in spring 2009 on Nicktoons -- has been titled Iron Man: Armored Adventures.New series announced include Hulk Gamma Corps and Super Hero Squad.Direct-to-DVD movies will include Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow for late 2008, Hulk Vs. for early 2009, Thor: Son of Asgard for late 2009 and Planet Hulk for early 2010"

bad ass.

#40 Posted by Ridicule (19 posts) - - Show Bio

go to wb.com and search it. cap's flick is expected to launch 2009, avengers are expected to launch in i think 2010 or 2011. but we might never see either. avengers wont be made unless all the original actors agree (downet, maguire, etc) and because of caps failure flics, they refuse to accept a script less then perfect.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.