Iron Man 3, Thor: Dark World, Captain America: The Winter Soldier

#1 Posted by Tyrus (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

So I was just thinking about the next three big Marvel films, and I realized how excited I am to see Iron Man 3, but then I want to see Thor: The Dark World as well - Even though I'm going to see all of them I can't decide which one I'm looking forward to the most! Is anyone looking forward to particularly one of the three?

#2 Posted by Inverno (12832 posts) - - Show Bio

I am pleasantly surprised about Winter Soldier we will find out Bucky didn't died. And Thor: the Dark World will probably expand on that really tacked on plot device that made Thor get back in the Avengers. They confirmed in the trailer that Ben Kingsley will be the Mandarin.

#3 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't Kingsley say originally that he wouldn't play the Mandarin? Lol Still, I'm probably going to pass on Ironman 3 ( the first was good, but then the issues with the second just bummed me out on seeing Tony Stark in anything but the Avengers) but Thor 2 sounds pretty kick butt. I want to see Cap too, but the directors will probably make it slapstick, and so I'm still on the fence, Darn, just these titles alone are getting me pumped for Avengers 2.

#4 Posted by TheCannon (16083 posts) - - Show Bio

I am very upset about Winter Soldier. The villains for Cap 2 should of been Baron Von Strucker and MODOK, then have Baron Zemo and Winter Soldier for Cap 3. Still not sure what to expect with Thor: The Dark World, but I know it will be good.

#5 Posted by TheCannon (16083 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueLantern1995 said:

Well from What I have heard Baron Zemo and Winter Soldier are necessary for Captain America 2 so out it can set up Avengers 3 where we will have the Masters of Evil.

Thor: Dark World I have no clue about but if it is Surtur then Marvel messed up big time.

Why would they have the Masters of Evil? They really wouldn't work in this franchise.

#6 Posted by Tyrus (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor The Dark World will be good because it has so many elements from the comics that they can bring in if they want - AND, it's Alan Taylor directing - Iron Man 3 will be good because it has a more extreme storyline...

#7 Posted by TDK_1997 (13718 posts) - - Show Bio

They have interesting names.

#8 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@TDK_1997 said:

They have interesting names.

#9 Posted by SupahForeigner (227 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm equally excited for all three of these films, cannot wait for next year.

#10 Posted by X35 (5974 posts) - - Show Bio

not excited about any of these

winter soldier shouldn't've been cap 2. there was 60 years of cap stories to chose from rather than instantly giving brubaker's ripped off story more fellatio at the expense of losing the one element that was important. namely cap had moved on and accepted bucky's death after years of mourning. instead we get an irrelevant underused and miscast character from the first film rturning straight away.

#11 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@X35 said:

not excited about any of these

winter soldier shouldn't've been cap 2. there was 60 years of cap stories to chose from rather than instantly giving brubaker's ripped off story more fellatio at the expense of losing the one element that was important. namely cap had moved on and accepted bucky's death after years of mourning. instead we get an irrelevant underused and miscast character from the first film rturning straight away.

Yup, this 
#12 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap 2 is the film I'm most looking forward to of those three, but I'm more interested in Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man

#13 Posted by War Killer (19500 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm looking most forward to Cap 2 and Iron Man 3 the most, don't really care much for Thor, though like all the other Marvel movies I'll see it just for the teases for future movies.

#14 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27430 posts) - - Show Bio
@Necrotic_Lycanthrope
Didn't Kingsley say originally that he wouldn't play the Mandarin? Lol Still, I'm probably going to pass on Ironman 3 ( the first was good, but then the issues with the second just bummed me out on seeing Tony Stark in anything but the Avengers) but Thor 2 sounds pretty kick butt. I want to see Cap too, but the directors will probably make it slapstick, and so I'm still on the fence, Darn, just these titles alone are getting me pumped for Avengers 2.
The director said Cap 2 will be (wait for it) dark and gritty
#15 Posted by SHAZAM117 (2171 posts) - - Show Bio

Gaurdians of the Galaxy is the film I'm most interested in, cause it opens a new door to a whole other world for MARVEL Studios!...But of these 3 I'm most looking forward to THOR2. I can't wait to see some other realms explored....I know the plot focuses on Malekith and Svartalfheim, but I'm really hoping we'll see Ulik debut and throw down with Thor in "Jack Kirby" style slugfest!

#16 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous:

Dark and gritty. Chances are it'll turn into the Marvel version of Batman Returns.

#17 Posted by sohanlon07 (51 posts) - - Show Bio

I thoroughly enjoyed Thor. So I'm looking forward to Thor 2 the most probably. The "magical" elements and the epicness of his race are fantastic.

Comic wise I'm starting to grab back issues of The Avengers from about volume 2. Are there seperate Thor, Ironman and Captain America series worht reading and where would one start?

#18 Posted by Tyrus (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor 2 will be the only interesting film - because it's the only solo movie "capable" of separating itself from all the other cinematic films as it's set in another realm - this was the problem with Iron Man 2, where it was too connected - apparently Cap 2 is going to be like Iron Man 2 because Cap's linked to SHIELD so I understand... But like I said, Thor is gonna be terrific because it'll be an actual adventure, much like Guardians of the Galaxy... Ant-Man, meh - but I'm looking forward to the movie because (if it'll be part of Phase 2) it just confirms that there will be another new addition to the Avengers in a sequel, which it needs - because if Avengers 2 will be in 2015 then they're gonna need more characters because it's likely Justice League will be released in that year too so, they have competition.

#19 Posted by Yasiiii4 (149 posts) - - Show Bio

So pumped for all 3 + Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant Man

#20 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1052 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely looking forward for Thor 2 the most because he's sexy as hell, wait what? can that even be a legitimate reason? xD

#21 Posted by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll see all three of them but at this point I'm most looking forward to Thor 2.

Iron Man 2 I didn't like at all (worst of the Marvel Universe movies by far IMO), and that really lowered my expectations for Iron Man 3. Still, I'm glad that Mandarin will be the villain, so maybe 3 will redeem itself of 2.

Captain America I was looking forward to the most until they announced Winter Soldier as the main villain. Was really wanting it to be Baron Zemo.

With Thor I was predicting Enchantress would be the villain, but Malekith is a pretty cool choice for second-movie villain who can also hopefully lead to Surtur for the 3rd film.

GotG I'm just kindof 'meh' about as the only character on the team I'm really that familiar with are Drax & Gamora, and that's mostly cause of their involvement from the Infinity Gauntlet. I am looking forward to Ant Man, hopefully he and Janet will be on the team in Avengers 2, and then open up to Ultron further down the road.

#22 Posted by crazywolf (653 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by Video_Martian (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be watching all, but I'm prob most excited for Ant-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy (don't hate)! :P

#24 Posted by FearTheLiving (1175 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking forward to all of them. Probably more excited for GotG and Ant Man though just because it gives new heroes a chance to shine plus I'm really hoping Ant Man will be awesome and from just the test footage I heard about it sounds promising. (Add in Edgar Wright and that's all that needs to be said.)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.