In Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes, am I the only one who thinks

#1 Posted by TheCannon (18304 posts) - - Show Bio

... that they shouldn't of revealed Cap is replaced by a skrull? Think about it. They shouldn't of told you, so that way you could of spent this season going "Why is Cap acting so strange?" Plus, now we know who the skrull is. Now, when they say someone in the Avengers has been replaced by one, there's no mystery involved. One of the fun things about season one of Young Justice was guessing who the traitor was. They could of done that for Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, but now, all the mystery is taken out of it. Does anyone agree with me?

#2 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

i can't remember have they shown him as the skrull or just said that he was? i have missed some of the new ones. but anyway if they haven't shown him as one or communicating as one then I'm sure they are going to throw in a twist where another member was the skrull and cap was just acting strange due to something else. it will probably end up being hank pym (ya funny huh). I think they are doing the wow so obvious you think it's ruined only to have everything the exact opposite when it concludes type thing. I'd keep watching (I should take my own advice)

#3 Posted by TheCannon (18304 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupremeHyperion said:

i can't remember have they shown him as the skrull or just said that he was? i have missed some of the new ones. but anyway if they haven't shown him as one or communicating as one then I'm sure they are going to throw in a twist where another member was the skrull and cap was just acting strange due to something else. it will probably end up being hank pym (ya funny huh). I think they are doing the wow so obvious you think it's ruined only to have everything the exact opposite when it concludes type thing. I'd keep watching (I should take my own advice)

They should him replaced by one in the season one finale. And, after that, they showed him communicating as one in the episode "Welcome to the Kree Empire". Plus, they have already showed us in commercials for season 2.

#4 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

Knowing that cap is skrull makes me wonder how they are going

to do the skrull invasion

#5 Posted by TheCannon (18304 posts) - - Show Bio

@Death Certificate said:

That's an obvious.

@BlueLantern1995 said:

@TheCannon said:

@SupremeHyperion said:

They should him replaced by one in the season one finale. And, after that, they showed him communicating as one in the episode "Welcome to the Kree Empire". Plus, they have already showed us in commercials for season 2.

A thought on this. Kang said Captain America would ruin everything when he was jailed. Then shortly after Cap is kidnapped by the skrulls. Now Kang's being in the future could and if written right should know Cap is a skrull by now and he actually meant Captain America and not the skrull counterpart.
A possible scenario I thought of is this: The Skrull eventually grows to respect the Avengers and becomes friends with them thus bautching original plans. The Skrulls come and Cap somehow manages to escape. Cap makes it to Avengers Mansion and reveals the mole is his doppleganger...a skrull but this act messes everything up and the Avengers now battle( in negative zone prison) duke it out and Ronan gets free and calls the Kree in to attack then The Kree and Skrull armies attack using Earth as a battleground thus making the prophecy true.
Well its just a thought. Definitely believe not all is as it seems...keep watching. Remember Young Justice traitor thing while well executed wasn't done as well in hindsight as it should of.

How do you know Kang is referencing the real Cap? The skrull Cap could turn on the Avengers during some sort of final battle, causing the Earth to be destroyed, as Kang showed them that the Earth would be destroyed.

#6 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@Death Certificate said:

Yeah, i was wondering that too

#7 Posted by TheCannon (18304 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueLantern1995 said:

@TheCannon: I don't know but it is a logical guess. Remember nothing usually is as it seems. Plus as seen 2 episodes ago Kang had that sly look at Cap which while probably nothing could possibly be something...like "I know you're a Skrull".

He had that look in season one too.

#8 Posted by Voodoom (174 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueLantern1995 said:

@TheCannon: I don't know but it is a logical guess. Remember nothing usually is as it seems. Plus as seen 2 episodes ago Kang had that sly look at Cap which while probably nothing could possibly be something...like "I know you're a Skrull".

They pulled the same thing in an old X-Men cartoon with Bishop going after Gambit for eventually killing Senator Kelly. In was actually Mystique. As for the current Avengers Cartoon it would be different if they did that but I find it unlikely. It is in some part a kids show.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.