Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7704 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

If the Avengers are family would the Justice League be a business

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kgb725

it seems like the justice league would just do their job and leave while the avengers do things that are family like am i the only person with this opinion

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Gambit1024

I'd say that that sounds accurate.

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Aronmorales

Huh, I haven't noticed.

Curse my absence from comic books.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CrimsonCake

Didn't they once have Chili night With Green Arrow?

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Blood1991

The X-Men are or were a family. The Avengers I would say are more like a club or close group of friends. The Justice League is very business like though now that you mention it.

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By frozenedge2

I'd say the Justice League just being business associates seems pretty right.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Gambit1024

Avengers I'd say is more like that group of dudes who show up at a bar once a week to chill out. Let's drink! Oh wait, code red. Let's go f*ck sh*t up! Then we'll drink some more! Thor brought ale. Don't tell Tony.

The Justice League is an organization. Brainiac's back. J'onn, get Hal, and Victor to meet me down here and soften him while Bruce makes up a plan to shut him down. Diana will provide back-ups with Arthur and Carter. We need some more analysts? Get Ray and Barry in there too. That'd be more than enough. We got John, Ollie, Dinah, and Wally on the west coast taking out Grodd, and we have Kyle and Adam investigating some potential hostile activity in space sector 2815, otherwise this would've been a walk in the park.

The FF is the family. Reed, can you shut up for two seconds? Johnny pissed Ben off again, and I think he took out a support beam when he took a swing at him. Franklin, where's your sister? What do you mean she went out? She's three. *boom* Reed, Ben and Johnny, get in here and take a look out the window. Mole Man's outside and he looks pretty agitated. Val, where were you and what did you do?

The X-Men is like a divorced family. Ororo, where the hell do you think you're going? Oh, I see. You're going to Scott's. That's cool. I bet his house in San Fran is so cool. That's awesome, 'Ro. Real nice. I'll just go grade papers or something. Just me and Bobby and Kitty. Oh, you're taking Bobby too? Go ahead, he probably likes Scott's house better than the damn mansion I got here. Kitty? *picks up note* "Went to Scott's for Christmas. He got a new foosball table, and we're making a drinking game/tournament thing out of it. Sorry Logan. Love, Kitty." ...F*ck Scott.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Blood1991

@Gambit1024 said:

Avengers I'd say is more like that group of dudes who show up at a bar once a week to chill out. Let's drink! Oh wait, code red. Let's go f*ck sh*t up! Then we'll drink some more! Thor brought ale. Don't tell Tony.

The Justice League is an organization. Brainiac's back. J'onn, get Hal, and Victor to meet me down here and soften him while Bruce makes up a plan to shut him down. Diana will provide back-ups with Arthur and Carter. We need some more analysts? Get Ray and Barry in there too. That'd be more than enough. We got John, Ollie, Dinah, and Wally on the west coast taking out Grodd, and we have Kyle and Adam investigating some potential hostile activity in space sector 2815, otherwise this would've been a walk in the park.

The FF is the family. Reed, can you shut up for two seconds? Johnny pissed Ben off again, and I think he took out a support beam when he took a swing at him. Franklin, where's your sister? What do you mean she went out? She's three. *boom* Reed, Ben and Johnny, get in here and take a look out the window. Mole Man's outside and he looks pretty agitated. Val, where were you and what did you do?

The X-Men is like a divorced family. Ororo, where the hell do you think you're going? Oh, I see. You're going to Scott's. That's cool. I bet his house in San Fran is so cool. That's awesome, 'Ro. Real nice. I'll just go grade papers or something. Just me and Bobby and Kitty. Oh, you're taking Bobby too? Go ahead, he probably likes Scott's house better than the damn mansion I got here. Kitty? *picks up note* "Went to Scott's for Christmas. He got a new foosball table, and we're making a drinking game/tournament thing out of it. Sorry Logan. Love, Kitty." ...F*ck Scott.

This is accurate. Lol Storm just up and goes everywhere these days. Wakanda, Baxter Building, Utopia, Avengers Mansion now the Institute. Hell it used to be Hank, Kurt, Kitty, and Bobby who went trailblazing around the world with Beast an Avenger, Iceman in the Champions and Shadowcat and Nightcrawler in Excalibur. Then Wolverine becomes an Avenger Next thing you know M day happens. The X-Men become soldiers, Storm goes and plays wifey to Tchalla, she comes back a shadow of her former self. Schism and Avengers vs X-Men happen and now we have mutants all over the damn place.

The FF is fractured from time to time the way the X-Men are now when She Hulk, Medusa, Black Panther, Storm, Spider-man, or Crystal play fill in, but for the most part they are a dysfunctional family.

Otherwise this is the best way to some the teams up.

EnergySlinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EnergySlinger

The JL really just seem more like the Maintenance crew for the Earth. It's clockwork, keeping the world in order.

The Avengers are like a sports team that mostly meets up for big games and such with all kinds of flare and style to them.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.