Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7702 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

I want to get into the Captain America comics.

UncleStanky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By UncleStanky

Where should I start? (I'm a noob)

I'd like to read about Cap during the war where he fought the Red Skull and before he got frozen. I'd also like to see how he and Bucky got frozen, and maybe learn how Bucky became the winter soldier and what cap did after he was unfrozen.

I know some these moments occurred in the avengers comics, but is there any reboots explaining these events? I really love Captain America and would love to get into his comics (And the winter soldier comics), but I really want to learn a bit background on them. I don't just want to jump into the new ones as i'd be lost.

Please tell me which ones I should buy and why. I know there are comic book fans out there who have the information I need.

LightPsyche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By LightPsyche

I would subscribe to the Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited service that Marvel has to offer; thousands and thousands of classic comics available for subscibers.

You can start with Captain America Comics #1 from the Golden Age of comics (1940's). That is how I started.

With the Marvel NOW! launch of 2012, you can start with Captain America #1; you don't need to read comics in chronology in order to understand them, in other words, you can jump into any comic book and read any classic comic book without getting confused.

Do some research and you will find the story arcs that best interest you; I'm new to comics and I'm rotating between series trying to see what I like best, but I have an eternity to decide, so I will enjoy my time with whatever I'm reading at this moment.

Good luck!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.