Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7701 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

I don't know about the Avengers

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By xxxddd

I am trying to create a Avengers Vol. 4 list, but I am confused as to what's the difference between New Avengers, Secret Avengers, and Avengers.

If I wanted to make a list of what comics to read concerning the Avengers, do I just focus on the main Avengers team, or do I focus on all Avengers teams? What is the reading order of all of the Avengers teams?(just Avengers stories, not crossovers like Fear Itself)

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By xxxddd

Hello?

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

In terms of continuity it would be New Avengers then Avengers then continues into Vol 5 I suppose that would be your best course of action but I'm far from an expert myself so you might wanna wait for someone else to chime in as well.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xxxddd

@feartheliving: I know about it now. It goes

• Avengers Disassembled
    • New Avengers
    • AvX
    • Marvel NOW! Avengers.
    Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@xxxddd said:

@feartheliving: I know about it now. It goes

• Avengers Disassembled
    • New Avengers
    • AvX
    • Marvel NOW! Avengers.

This much is true, but I'll try to fill in some gaps.

There were two volumes of New Avengers (2005, 2010, respectively) before Avengers vs. X-Men (2012), which happens near the end of the second volume. Near the beginning of the first volume was House of M (2005), a crossover between Avengers and X-men that would eventually be the catalyst for AvsX. The Marvel Now New Avengers (2013) is actually the third volume and is about the Illuminati.

The Mighty Avengers (2007) came out of the team splitting during Civil War (2006), about the Avengers who were not on Luke Cage's resistance team. The current Mighty Avengers (vol.2, 2013) is actually more a continuation of the first two New Avengers books, in that it's about Luke Cage's new team of Avengers.

After AvsX, and just before the Marvel Now Avengers (vol.4, 2013), Captain America and Thor started a new Avengers team with Havoc as the leader, called Uncanny Avengers (2012), and it's sort of the book that's most about the classic members (Cap', Thor, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, and Wonder-man) of all the current titles.

hope this helps :v

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

PurePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Just read all the Avengers. Especially with Zemo in it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.