HUGE SPOILERS FOR AVX

#1 Posted by KainScion (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

i am done. i'm done. marvel you have killed it, you screwed the pooch. its was meh/ok up until this point now its just.........damn you. so avx has taken a really, imho, dumb direction. it a WTF moment.

so the avengers and the x-men are fighting on the moon for hope (2 things: how are they breathing they dont have anything and nobody is paying her any attention). she admits she cant control it, BOOM all of them get hurt by the Phoenix through hope, she asks wolverine to kill her, cyclops stops him (mutant hope bit again). while this is going on tony and hank pym make a huge robot, hit the phoenix (not hope, the actual bird which was in the background all this time for some reason just hanging) another BOOM more hurtiness. when they look around THIS:

and they say that they will do her job as the phoenix until she is ready. WTF marvel?!?!

#2 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

Already been done, lol.

#3 Posted by KainScion (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: the split of the PF or the thread?

#4 Posted by Ms. Omega (4543 posts) - - Show Bio

Only good thing Emma's Phoenix costume that's it.

#5 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion said:

@ReVamp: the split of the PF or the thread?

The thread. As for the split, I don't really care much for it, but I haven't read it yet.

#6 Posted by KainScion (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

the thing that bothered me the most was the fact that they said they were gonna do her job for her. if they can do it like that what do they need hope for?

#7 Posted by KainScion (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: oh yeah. ups. i even posted there. but i'm just gonna bring up just this.

#8 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion said:

@ReVamp: oh yeah. ups. i even posted there. but i'm just gonna bring up just this.

S'okay.

#9 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

As stupid as this is, and it is VERY stupid, I can't help but like Cyclops' Phoenix costume.

#10 Posted by fesak (6983 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, they needed to boost Colossus even more?

#11 Edited by EdwardWindsor (14340 posts) - - Show Bio

@fesak said:

Lol, they needed to boost Colossus even more?

i know right insanity! lol

also what happened to omega class mutants could only host it.

#12 Posted by Icarusflies (12513 posts) - - Show Bio

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAA!!!

Namor has more clothing than usual, Cyclops looks like Nightwing, why does Colossus have belt-glove things, and Emma ALSO has more clothing than usual!

Also, y'know, the whole dumb PHOENIX IS NOT LIKE, ALL THE X-MEN THING. xD

#13 Posted by darkhalf (29 posts) - - Show Bio

is that MAGIC? why is she there, thought she's dead? I like cyclops' costume he's like a phoenix knight. emma's get up wasnt given much thought, so simply cloth white.

#14 Posted by JohnnyGat (1580 posts) - - Show Bio

I had a feeling something like this will happen, not exactly this but more on Cyke for some PIS reason being fused with the PF with the only basis of my theory is Scott's connection to Apocalypse (I know it doesn't make sense).

If anything I hope Scott keeps the visor it gives off this nice medieval feel to his bland uniform.

#15 Posted by XsPectre28 (739 posts) - - Show Bio

all of this just to not bring jean grey back...... me personally if there was to be Phoenix Acolytes then i feel it should have been People that were already linked to the Phoenix..... ( Emma, Rachel, Xavier, Jean, Cable, Nate, Quentin, Cuckoos, Korvus, Even Cyclops because of his telepathic links with Jean & Emma) i mean magik, colossus, emma, scott, nor namor are omega level mutants nor do they all possess psionic powers........ SMH

#16 Posted by joshmightbe (24767 posts) - - Show Bio

This is stupid

#17 Posted by Kallarkz (3295 posts) - - Show Bio

eh ill see how it goes.

Caught my interest with this twist.

(For those of you who are expecting Marvel Events to actually be good....on what did you base that on?)

#18 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it would be Jean coming back.

#19 Edited by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

You know what I find funny?

Namor is STILL shirtless.

Edit:

Just noticed something:

Colossus has hair... does that mean the cytrorak isn't effecting him at the moment?

Edit2:

They're able to breathe on the Moon because they're in the Blue Zone, which some aliens created before to host a base and then they got routed.

#20 Posted by joshmightbe (24767 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone notice the similarity between Cyclops' new outfit and Nightwing's in the new 52

#21 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

Just noticed something:

Colossus has hair... does that mean the cytrorak isn't effecting him at the moment?

The Phoenix is a sign of rebirth. Of hair.

#22 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

This is stupid

#23 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought only telepaths can possess the Phoenix Force. I can understand Emma and Cyclops possessing it, but Colossus, Magik and Namor?

#24 Posted by Vance Astro (91416 posts) - - Show Bio

So everyone is the Phoenix?

#25 Posted by Redberry (797 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

So everyone is the Phoenix?

At the moment, yes... it's just ridiculous. It's kinda cheapen the power of phoenix IMO.

#26 Posted by Vance Astro (91416 posts) - - Show Bio
@Redberry said:

@Vance Astro said:

At the moment, yes... it's just ridiculous. It's kinda cheapen the power of phoenix IMO.

But it does make for some awesome new costume designs :)
#27 Posted by Redberry (797 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@Redberry said:

@Vance Astro said:

But it does make for some awesome new costume designs :)

I'm just not sure I approve of Scott wearing a thong...

#28 Edited by Vance Astro (91416 posts) - - Show Bio
@Redberry said:

I'm just not sure I approve of Scott wearing a thong... 

It's not a thong, it's a banana hammock. 
#29 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@oraclefyre said:

@TheCrowbar said:

Just noticed something:

The Phoenix is a sign of rebirth. Of hair.

That explains why Professor X starts following Cyclops around he wants in on it.

I think it's going to be interesting, but it's not the direction I would've gone with the series.

#30 Edited by HotSauceCommittee (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

They're able to breathe on the Moon because they're in the Blue Zone, which some aliens created before to host a base and then they got routed.

This.

Besides displaying your abundant lack of knowledge, what was the point of this thread? No intelligent discussion here, just you summarizing/hating on a Marvel event, props for the originality. The forums are bad enough as it is without this drivel.

#31 Posted by MadRooster81 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

Non of the story adds up since the beginning. It feels like a rushed event trying to capitalize on two big Marvel franchises. I like the idea of the story, but it's just not well thought out. I'm just hoping when it's all over, they at least set themselves up in a direction to do something different with both the X-Men and the Avengers.

#32 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive said:

I thought it would be Jean coming back.

#33 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio
@cjbostick81 said:

Non of the story adds up since the beginning. It feels like a rushed event trying to capitalize on two big Marvel franchises. I like the idea of the story, but it's just not well thought out. I'm just hoping when it's all over, they at least set themselves up in a direction to do something different with both the X-Men and the Avengers.

I agree.  I still don't understand how the Phoenix Force is able to possess Colossus, Magik and Namor when it can only affect telepaths (at least that's what I got from it). Hopefully, the next issue will make things clearer.
#34 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, I thought only FEMALES could wield the power of the Phoenix Force. SMH.

#35 Posted by Hareil0079 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive said:

Also, I thought only FEMALES could wield the power of the Phoenix Force. SMH.

Xavier contracted the PF before during the DFS or was it in PR?

#36 Posted by cattlebattle (13407 posts) - - Show Bio
@BlackArmor: Time to employ this LOL

#37 Posted by TheCommissar (143 posts) - - Show Bio

@Imagine_Man15 said:

As stupid as this is, and it is VERY stupid, I can't help but like Cyclops' Phoenix costume.

I agree. I always felt that his standard costume made him look like a roll-on deodorant.

#38 Posted by Teerack (7459 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Emma's outfit.

#39 Edited by Invisible_Witch (312 posts) - - Show Bio

facepalm /What happen to you have to be a strong mind to host the phoenix

#40 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

To all those people who complain DBZ characters are over powered, I'd show them this article. Then let them see what video game based overpowered buffing really looks like.

#41 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

W.T........

Oh this should be fun I can only imagine the mess it's going to make of the marvel U.

If there is a god pleas have jean come back in the last book and reclaim the rest of the PF parts and let the PF rest/lay dormant for the next decade.

Really don't understand scott's hope that the PF can help rebirth the mutant race since all it's done is destroy in the past.

#42 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crimsonlord53 said:

W.T........

Oh this should be fun I can only imagine the mess it's going to make of the marvel U.

If there is a god pleas have jean come back in the last book and reclaim the rest of the PF parts and let the PF rest/lay dormant for the next decade.

Really don't understand scott's hope that the PF can help rebirth the mutant race since all it's done is destroy in the past.

Quoted for truth.

#43 Posted by KainScion (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@HotSauceCommittee: you dont like it, dont comment. nobody will miss you.

#44 Posted by HotSauceCommittee (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion: So you're allowed to make a completely unoriginal misinformed rant about something that you don't like but I can't comment on something I don't like? Hmmmmm...

I have no problem with people disliking things, everyone has their different opinions but this is beyond that, this is you jumping on the Marvel/event bandwagon of hate, trashing someone's work for the most ridiculous of reasons, saying the characters shouldn't be able to breath when the book clearly states that the events unfolding are taking place on the blue area of the moon. I'm sure someone would have explained that to you if you asked nicely but instead you posted this unoriginal tirade of hate, that even if true serves no purpose. You're not sparking any conversation. Get off the bandwagon and grow up. They are books I don't like too but you don't see me acting the goat.

#45 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:

This is stupid

Its Bendis
#46 Posted by daak1212 (7866 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember the Worthy and the Choosen?

#47 Posted by joshmightbe (24767 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64 said:

@joshmightbe said:

This is stupid

Its Bendis

I believe they're synonyms

#48 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crimsonlord53:

I guess so far since Schism Cyclops has been shown to be stark raving nuts. And this whole "cross-over" event proves it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.