How to get started with Avengers?

#1 Posted by Vhyra (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey guys! :) I was wondering for a new Avengers reader how could I go about diving into it? There are quite a few titles, so I'm not too sure which one would be new reader friendly.

I've found these recent series so far:
Avengers Assemble
Uncanny Avengers (Marvel Now)
Avengers (Marvel Now)
A+X (Marvel Now)

Any advice would be awesome! Thanks so much. :)

#2 Posted by Mara (42 posts) - - Show Bio

New Avengers is pretty sweet. Probably one of my favourite Marvel NOW titles.

#3 Posted by HumanRocket (8919 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers vol 5 is the way to go. U get a mixed of old classic avengers (cap iron man thor) with a splash of new memebers ( Hyperion sun sport cannonball).

#4 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6516 posts) - - Show Bio

@vhyra: From these ones, I think Avengers Assemble may the most new reader friendly, as Avengers is grand but slow moving, Uncanny Avengers has X-Men elements to it, and A+X changes characters every month. They are all good though.

Avengers Assemble is currently in a crossover with Captain Marvel, so if you're starting now, you might want to buy Avengers: The Enemy Within #1, before reading Avengers Assemble #16. This might not be a perfect time to jump in, but you never know.

#5 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

Choose between Avengers, New Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, A+X, Dark Avengers, Secret Avengers, Avengers Assemble, Dark Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Young Avengers or Avengers A.I. Did I forget one?

#6 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8456 posts) - - Show Bio

@vhyra:

I'd say start with Hickman's Avengers.

Then get some Marvel Essential collections if you can.

And Welcome to Comic Vine! :)

#7 Edited by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8456 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

Choose between Avengers, New Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, A+X, Dark Avengers, Secret Avengers, Avengers Assemble, Dark Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Young Avengers or Avengers A.I. Did I forget one?

Dark Avengers got cancelled and you missed Avengers Arena :)

#10 Edited by bigtewell (749 posts) - - Show Bio

@vhyra: my fav Is secret,avengers new avengers is good but uncanny avengers is dissappointing. just pick up the first issues of marvel now its supposed to be easy jumping on points

#11 Posted by Vhyra (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Eeee! So many responses. :D You guys are amazing! Thank you everyone! :)

#12 Posted by knighthood (1725 posts) - - Show Bio

@vhyra: Marvel Unlimited is a cheap way to try most of these series. 10$ a month for any book over 6 months old. Just check it out and see what you like. Plus you can read old Avenger books. So basically for the price of three comics you can try a bunch of books, once you are done with Marvel Unlimited just unsubscribe (if you want to).

#13 Posted by HumanRocket (8919 posts) - - Show Bio

U might have to do some research before BUT avengers vol 4 is great. That's where I started and I love the first 6 issues and there are more great issues after that. All of the stories are connected with alot of the ongoing stories like with the new avengers.

#14 Edited by Oscars94 (2588 posts) - - Show Bio

I just bought Hickman's Avengers Hardback (Issues #1-6) and its awesome! I'd highly recommend if you like big stories. Don't get me wrong, I like comics where the threat is subdued within the issue,but this series all the way up to Infinity has felt bigger. I knew this would be the case when Tony and Cap exchanged the words, "We have to get bigger". More characters, new villains, bigger storylines.

#15 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

#1 get the essentials and learn about the team and you will see why they are the best there is!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.